Shortage of 159's - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Reply
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 30 Old 03-05-12 Thread Starter
Status: Finally Got My First Alfa
AO Member
 
dmilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 69
Shortage of 159's

Hi all,

I have roughly been searhing all most a year now for a black 159 diesel either JTDm or TI model and I can never come across one.

Its important to me that I buy from a dealer because I want a trade in on my car as well as at LEAST! 6 months warrenty.

I have never owned an Alfa and I am dying to get my hands on one, just sick of people giving out about them and putting me off them, I am just going to find out for myself.
dmilton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: King of the Arcade
AO Silver Member
 
Alfa_Daryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,133

Member car:

BMW E92 320D

Not too many Ti models in this country alright. Very nice in this spec. Have you looked into bringing one over from the UK?
Alfa_Daryl is offline  
Status: pretty good actually...!
AO Member
 
Cibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 698

Member car:

916 Spider

To the mainland with you!

You will find it very difficult to get a decent one here, apart from us most Irish owners treat their cars like ****....

The last three cars I got I have bought in the UK and imported, the most recent a Jag last month. For that one the cost was about the same all in all, but I got a much better specced, much better cared for example there than the ratty, high mileage, poverty spec versions available here.

Sell the Leon privately, you'll get far more for it anyway, and bring the wonga with you.

'76 Spider -> '93 164 -> '99 146 Junior -> '97 GTV -> '99 Spider....
Cibo is offline  
Lacken156
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
To the mainland with you!

You will find it very difficult to get a decent one here, apart from us most Irish owners treat their cars like ****....

The last three cars I got I have bought in the UK and imported, the most recent a Jag last month. For that one the cost was about the same all in all, but I got a much better specced, much better cared for example there than the ratty, high mileage, poverty spec versions available here.

Sell the Leon privately, you'll get far more for it anyway, and bring the wonga with you.
'Mainland'? where do you mean?
 
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,419
Sorry... I feel greedy now....


To be honest I went to England for our cars as I couldn't find the right specs for the right price here when buying in '07 and '11.

Best of luck with your hunting!

Last edited by Cathal_H; 04-05-12 at 07:51.
Cathal_H is offline  
Status: 00 V 00
AO Silver Member
 
alfamj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 1,315

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
To the mainland with you!

You will find it very difficult to get a decent one here, apart from us most Irish owners treat their cars like ****....

The last three cars I got I have bought in the UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacken156 View Post
'Mainland'? where do you mean?
here you go.
alfamj is offline  
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
There's a few Ti's floating around Dublin but they aren't for sale I think England would be your best bet personally and you get a better spec car also over there generally. And sell your Leon here and walk into them with cash you never know how much of a discount you might get.
 
Status: pretty good actually...!
AO Member
 
Cibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 698

Member car:

916 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamj View Post
here you go.
Beat me to it..! You know... not area 6, the Mainland...!!!

I mean, people can have their issues with mainlanders but remember, where would we be able to get well specced and well maintained rhd motors without them?!

Leave them alone so they can come out in force and wash their cars on Sundays so that we can go over and buy them a few years later and admire the paintwork...!!
Cibo is offline  
Status: Smells of Eue De Autoglym
AO Gold Member
 
GTV Gav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Kildare
Posts: 6,738

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

There's a fair few for sale in the north as well
Cars Northern Ireland - Used Cars NI. Second hand cars for sale.
GTV Gav is offline  
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
Beat me to it..! You know... not area 6, the Mainland...!!!

I mean, people can have their issues with mainlanders but remember, where would we be able to get well specced and well maintained rhd motors without them?!

Leave them alone so they can come out in force and wash their cars on Sundays so that we can go over and buy them a few years later and admire the paintwork...!!
Long live the Mainland

My last 2 cars would have had to be Toyota's if there was no mainland . Then again I'd rather walk
Dermo is offline  
Status: #keepFightingMichael
AO Gold Member
 
EauRouge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Suriname
County: Brokopondo
Posts: 7,703
Not sure if this is still available? but as mentioned there are quite a few up north.
2009 Alfa Romeo 159 1.75 TBi TI 4dr Saloon in County Antrim | Used Alfa Romeo for sale | Gumtree.com
EauRouge is offline  
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,232
Garage
Looks great


But the OP is looking for a diesel
David P is offline  
(Post Link) post #13 of 30 Old 04-05-12 Thread Starter
Status: Finally Got My First Alfa
AO Member
 
dmilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 69
Thanks for all the comments lads,

It's looking that if I really want a good car I will have to go to the UK. I heard an ad on the radio for two people and one car on the ferry one way was only 89 which is not bad at all.

I will keep continuing to save and hope something comes up. The guy in the mail dealer in Blanchardstown is keeping an eye out for me so I will hang on for a few more months and see what becomes of it.
dmilton is offline  
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,419
Best of luck if you go for one in the UK..... It's a brilliant trip! You get to go on a Plane, train, bus, car & boat all in the one 24 hours...
Cathal_H is offline  
Status: #keepFightingMichael
AO Gold Member
 
EauRouge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Suriname
County: Brokopondo
Posts: 7,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Looks great


But the OP is looking for a diesel
Ahhh! i have the memory of a Goldfish.
EauRouge is offline  
Status: pretty good actually...!
AO Member
 
Cibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 698

Member car:

916 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmilton View Post
Thanks for all the comments lads,

It's looking that if I really want a good car I will have to go to the UK. I heard an ad on the radio for two people and one car on the ferry one way was only 89 which is not bad at all.

I will keep continuing to save and hope something comes up. The guy in the mail dealer in Blanchardstown is keeping an eye out for me so I will hang on for a few more months and see what becomes of it.
Ring Gerry in TI and ask him to keep his ear to the ground too - He may know of a good one for sale and will certainly not point you towards any crap..
Cibo is offline  
(Post Link) post #17 of 30 Old 04-05-12 Thread Starter
Status: Finally Got My First Alfa
AO Member
 
dmilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
Ring Gerry in TI and ask him to keep his ear to the ground too - He may know of a good one for sale and will certainly not point you towards any crap..
Cibo,

Who is Gerry and where does he work?
dmilton is offline  
Status: Where were you in 62?
AO Member
 
dicey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Westmeath
Posts: 209
I went to the mainland for my black 159 with red leather. Wow black 159s are rare so i will sell you mine for........1 million dollars
dicey is offline  
(Post Link) post #19 of 30 Old 04-05-12 Thread Starter
Status: Finally Got My First Alfa
AO Member
 
dmilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicey View Post
I went to the mainland for my black 159 with red leather. Wow black 159s are rare so i will sell you mine for........1 million dollars
I seen them with red leather and its horrible!
dmilton is offline  
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,232
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmilton View Post
Cibo,

Who is Gerry and where does he work?

Here you go :

Ti Autos (Gerry Campbel)
Cowper street
Phibsboro
Dublin 7
01 838 65 67
David P is offline  
Status: pretty good actually...!
AO Member
 
Cibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 698

Member car:

916 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmilton View Post
Cibo,

Who is Gerry and where does he work?
Gerry = God if you are an Alfa owner near Dublin, the man's a legend in his ability to sort out and diagnose your car and he's a nice guy to boot.

When he goes on holiday all of us Dublin Alfa owners get arthritis from having our fingers permanently crossed for three weeks....
Cibo is offline  
propellorhead
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
This should probably be in the sightings thread but I saw a lovely black 159, in ti spec on british plates, car was from Scotland parked in blackrock. It was stunning. Only problem, had a tan leather. Rare enough sight over here, but on a recent trip to england I saw Mitos and Jullies all over the place. I agree with the other comments that you would certainly have more choice in England.
 
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,837
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
Gerry = God if you are an Alfa owner near Dublin, the man's a legend in his ability to sort out and diagnose your car and he's a nice guy to boot.

When he goes on holiday all of us Dublin Alfa owners get arthritis from having our fingers permanently crossed for three weeks....
He's in Achill for the weekend so say your prayers!!!
Mufasa is offline  
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Just leave the cars at home lads and take a Lewis !
Dermo is offline  
Status: pretty good actually...!
AO Member
 
Cibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 698

Member car:

916 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarsbaby View Post
He's in Achill for the weekend so say your prayers!!!
I knew I had a bad feeling about this weekend...!!
Cibo is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
159 , shortage

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome