rally cross - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 11-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

rally cross

just watched top gear and really liked the bit on rally cross. I'venever seen or heard of it over here so can it be done? Does anybody do or know anybody doing it? Seems like a very cheap way to race a car and have fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: Cork
Garage
It's been here for years, including at Mondello Calendar | Mondello Park
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

alfa 156 v6

I had dealings with rallycross cars in the nineties. cost is dependant on what level you compete at. in other words, how fast can your wallet go ?
Damien_C

It used be unreal in Mondello years ago. There has been nothing interesting in Mondello for along time imo. We used go at least 4 times a year to either the BTCC or BSB bikes and then to the Rallycross etc good times. Shame there hasn't been anything like that there in a long time Mondello is a class track.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

I have never been out on a track with a car- been to a track to never on it It's something I want to do. I see there are regular meets over in octane but these guys are seasoned track pros so it's kind of hard to join up with such a group (esp when you don't have a track car too!).

If there was a bit of interest from people on this forum for beginners who want to start and the people who have tracked before we could try organise a group of us to head to one of the mondello days- rally cross or circuit? What do ye think?
Damien_C

I'm not organising a trackday to be honest. We wouldn't get enough numbers to justify it in my opinon you need ball park 4-50 people to make it economical. If you want to do a track day there is plenty of them ready to rock just sign up to Mondello's text notifications

Car Track Days | Track Days | Mondello Park

(Post Link) post #7 of 15 Old 13-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

tbh over on octane you can go if your a beginner, there are a lot of rules to a track day you cant just rally your car around it so you would be ok. Am planning on doing one of the Octane days myself this year if I can get the 75 sorted and I've never done a trackday before.
Damien_C

Yep, that's where I'd be steering people to go too. They have the contacts to do them and the membership base also. You would need about 40-50 to be go to make it viable and there isn't even that many people on here I'd imagine that would be into it that much.

Lacken156

The octane track days are very good. You need to have 150 quality posts & to attend a few C&C meetings so as people get to know you. I did 3 of the OTD's & felt very welcome there.

Nowadays I attend the 'open day' track day sessions , which TBH are a whole differnet level of driving standards. The 1st hour is only for the brave, after that the loons have eithe r crashed, blown up or fed-up. Me, I go out with them all. I was there in Oct '11 in aSilver 155 2.o 8V & I over took a brand new Ferrari powered Masaretti in the wet.

I went again in Dec '11, THE WETTEST session I ever attend, I got 'the pit baord' for drifting in the same 155

Lacken156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
Yep, that's where I'd be steering people to go too. They have the contacts to do them and the membership base also. You would need about 40-50 to be go to make it viable and there isn't even that many people on here I'd imagine that would be into it that much.
ME, put me on the list & I know 5 others that'd love to attend.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa155 TS View Post
tbh over on octane you can go if your a beginner, there are a lot of rules to a track day you cant just rally your car around it so you would be ok. Am planning on doing one of the Octane days myself this year if I can get the 75 sorted and I've never done a trackday before.
You might give us a shout when you plan on heading on one of the track days. I probably won't head out on track but i'd like to head down and a get a feel for it.

I saw over on octane there is a beginner course for 50, lots of positive feedback from it too.
(Post Link) post #12 of 15 Old 16-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

didnt see that beginner post, can you put a link to it up here?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Sure- it isn't for rally cross per se but for more on track days on circuit.

original post: track day training at Mondello - Octane.ie Forums
review of training day: track day training report - Octane.ie Forums

PS the last one was on wednesday or thursday- they don't announce when the next training day will be but it will be likely to be in the next 3 months. I reckon it would be worth it.
AO Member

Member car:

159 3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa155 TS View Post
Completely agree with this - they're a great bunch of lads and you'll get plenty of encouragement as a newbie if you make an effort to have a chat. That's how I jumped into it a few years ago. Mondello let first timers do a first few laps to get used to the track after a full briefing and it's never crowded so it's easy to let the real fast cars just go by. The lads are also mostly up for giving passenger laps which is a great way to experience some seriously cool cars in full flow. Much better to do one of their days than the much more volatile open track days. Usually at least one other Alfa there too!
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Garage
hi just reading your post i am at the moment setting up a 2.5 V6 156 for rallycross to start next year the season goes to Ireland for two race days at nutts corner and im doing it on a budget of 4000 for the season this includes setting up the car, licence, racewear and hiring a trailer (i already had the car) if your a member of AROC forum i have writing about my car and set up the link is here:
http://members.aroc-uk.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16123
(or search for alfa in rallycross)
thanks

lewis

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
cross , rally

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page