F1 2012 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 23 Old 11-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
F1 2012

Im sure most of you know and i hope are looking forward to the new season of the F1GP starting there next weekend. i know i am... go ferrari

but i want to ask, has anyone ever been to any of the races? mainly im thinking about the British GP because its close enough.

Im wondering who do you get your packages with (if you do packages), and who do you go with, and how much do you pay?

Its my Dads 60th in April and im thinking of buying a weekend at the British GP since neither of us have ever been to one and are both fans for the F1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Merseyside
Done Silverstone a few times, definately worth a trip, I would invest in a grandstand seat tbh, especially Pit straight, worth it for the start alone.

I have also been to Monza...now that was an experience. Had seats opposite pole position, atmosphere amazing!

If your going, I would get a three day pass with grandstand seats for race day. This will allow you to wander the circuit at will and venture into other seated areas on the Friday and Saturday morning to gain different perspectives of the track.

Now I've done Monza I fancy somewhere else, the chap I went with has done Spa but said away from the track there's little to do of an evening where as Monza is 30mins from Milan.

Think you will find by the time you have paid for fuel/parking...and everything else British taxes can rip you off for, you can get to a European race for not much more.
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
Try the Hungarian GP, it's 30+ C there in August, stay at one of the thermal bath hotels, book a wine tasting near Budapest, enjoy the food and mini skirts
AO Member

County: Tipperary
Was at a GB one alright. As mentioned above, get a good seat. Maybe at a slow corner or something. All you see is a blur in the middle of a straight. The atmosphere is unreal though.
Lacken156

What channel wil the 1st race be shown on?

I went to Spa in '99. I was a damp wet weekend, cleared up for the race on Sunday, an absolutely brillant experience. The sound of the cars made the hairs all over my body stand on end. the smell & sound of the carbon brakes ....eeerrrrrmmmmmmmm. I missed Viellneuves crash after Eau Rouge. Had been at the corner for 30min's earlier.

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

We have been tp Monza on three occassions 2004,2006 & 2008 , I love hearing them going on about the 80K people they get into Croke Park ( maybe its more than 80 but As its GAA I dont care !) Monza has a total capacity of 113860. They move this amount of people FREE (yes Free) on the Sunday of the Race all buses, trains etc to Monza are free. Never any trouble and all rubbish is taken away by those that create it . The Atmosphere is electric and TBH would go back every year if i could afford it . Will be back (hopefully) in 2013 !

Booked everything myself , Tickets from GPtickets.com and hotels booked through any of the Hotels sites . alpharooms is always quite good !

Run away with my wife kill my child but dont touch my car

CYCLISTS! THEY PAY NOTHING I TELL YA NOTHING
FRANKLY i DON'T GIVE A DAMN
IF THE ABS LIGHT IS ON ITS TOO LATE !
100% OF NON SMOKERS DIE TOO
AO Silver Member

County: Tipperary
Been too a good few races, grandstand is a must nowdays, silverstone is generally expensive for addmission but now the car parks have been sorted its quiet a good race to get in and out of.

You can buy tickets direct, fly to london, hire a car and stay where ever suits, just pick a late flight on the sunday evening!

Next race i go too i might take a tour all in package....some of the races can be got for 650 to 700 euro.

BTW nothing beats spa for sound
AO Member

County: Greater London
I took my dad to monaco for his 50th a few years back, was a great road trip in my little punto GT. I drove most of the way there and he had a little go near the end of the journey, fell totally in love with the punto and wanted to drive most of the way back having a play with a lambo for a good stretch of the journey, both got pulled and fined by the french police at one stage.

was also the same time as a gumball rally so hundreds of amazing cars all around us the whole journey.

we had seats on the grandstand opposite the swimming pool, also opposite the pits, was a fantastic weekend.

I also did the british GP with some mates, stayed in a tent, had a great night the night before the race, got really drunk, woke up late and couldnt get anywhere near the track when we finally got over the road, had to climb up some scaffolding advertisment boards to see a bit of the race, then just sat on the hill and watched it on the big screen. At least we got to hear the noise..
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by klapanciusz View Post
Try the Hungarian GP, it's 30+ C there in August, stay at one of the thermal bath hotels, book a wine tasting near Budapest, enjoy the food and mini skirts
Levante what you do in your spare time is your business!!!
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

Thumbs Up

Did Monza in 2010. Was absolutely fantastic. I got to visit Maranello and the factory the following day. Will remember it for as long as I live.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Ya maranello is a cool place , the Ferrari Museum is great as well . The last time we were there we drove to Arese, the spiritual home of Alfa . Had a 156Ti at home at the time and wanted to see the factory it was built in . The Alfa Museum was closed for renovation which was a pity . While we were in Arese we saw a Mito (pics on here somewhere) cool car and a nice Blonde Girl driving it
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarsbaby View Post
Levante what you do in your spare time is your business!!!
but but but but but you said you liked it!
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Office Chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Ya maranello is a cool place , the Ferrari Museum is great as well . The last time we were there we drove to Arese, the spiritual home of Alfa . Had a 156Ti at home at the time and wanted to see the factory it was built in . The Alfa Museum was closed for renovation which was a pity . While we were in Arese we saw a Mito (pics on here somewhere) cool car and a nice Blonde Girl driving it
Italy is a lovely place. It was my first time other than a few hours spent on a trip from Austria in '85. We went down to Pompei and very quickly en route went around the Coliseum.
We only had a Ford Ka
AO Silver Member

slightly offtopic, but if I don't have sky sports, where can I watch the races this year?
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Office Chair.

Quote:
slightly offtopic, but if I don't have sky sports, where can I watch the races this year?
I think this may have been posted on AO somewhere or was it elsewhere??
You will also need Sopcast

I don't intend using this. I will cope with BBC coverage and my GF's Sky.

Last edited by MalcQV; 15-03-12 at 12:08.
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Quote:
Your mates house
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
but but but but but you said you liked it!
Who's the perv now???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaGTVLUSSO01 View Post
Your mates house
Good call!!!
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
Italy is a lovely place. It was my first time other than a few hours spent on a trip from Austria in '85. We went down to Pompei and very quickly en route went around the Coliseum.
We only had a Ford Ka
We had a dieseasal 159 ( special order in the Rent a dent place !) didnt venture any further than arese, marrenello, and lake Garda .. What a blast through the tunnels now if ever you wanted to do a tunnell run the drive to and from lake Garda is the place for it Have to say I love the eyetalians !

Quote:
In the pub in Afganistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaGTVLUSSO01 View Post
Your mates house
Errm we are talking about Levante .. Only for Moni and her baking no one would talk to him
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Errm we are talking about Levante .. Only for Moni and her baking no one would talk to him
you're 100% correct there. There is a saying: "If you have a Hungarian friend, you don't need an enemy."
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

There's another saying " only for Moni no one would talk to Levante " but I'm not sure its true !
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
you're 100% correct there. There is a saying: "If you have a Hungarian friend, you don't need an enemy."
You're too hard on yourself Levante!

Quote:
There's another saying " only for Moni no one would talk to Levante " but I'm not sure its true !
Dermo you're mad as a brush and we all talk to you! Don't we lads???
AO Silver Member

County: Shropshire
Looking to go to Monza, do you have to buy a GA weekend ticket to walk about if you get a GS weekend ticket?
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

You can walk around on Friday and Sat withb the GA ticket , GS ? these abbreviations will drive me scatty !

We had tickets for the Parrabolica ( the only part of the track that us oirish could pronounce !)

You could stroll around all the track except for the paddock (as you could imagine) .

All the travel (trams/trains/buses) on the sunday are free and take you from Milan Central station to Monza and back . I wish I was going now

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page