well i did it
bought that 166. i know it needs work and im willing to do the work, i do most of the work on my own cars myself anyway, its fun
Anyway its a 1999 166 2.5 V6 (dark grey) 80k on the clock. its in pretty good condition, interior reflects the millage so there is little to no ware on anything (seats/bolsters, steering wheel, gear knob)
work needed (that i know of off hand)
- exhaust needs welding (but sounds amazing as it is even still)
- front anti-rollbar bushes need replacing
- brakes need to be serviced (though the pads and discs were changed)
- timing belt in the next 10k
- lcd display on the centre cluster is intermittent
- a good solid clean
- general service (fluids and filters)
- air con needs to be looked at (but i couldn't give a crap about air con)
What i want to do to it
- lowered on new shocks and springs
- new wheels
- new exhaust
thats about it for now. havent had a real chance to look at it.
I am quite pleased with it and looking forward to getting it on the road properly.
oh and it only cost me 400, like he was advertising on Octane. he just jumped the price up cos someone said he was selling for to low and that they had sold an engine alone for more than that. of course as i said, the problem between the engine he sold and the one he was selling is that his engine was still in a car and alot of people who want an engine only want an engine. he didnt care so i got cheap car. (not my first cheap alfa ) but he honored the price we talked about originally so i got it at that.
And failing all that, ill sell it on for what i paid or brake it and sell parts. its only 400 so not braking the bank at the moment.
Ill get some pics up once i wash off all the bird crap.
wondering has anyone got a service manual for one of these that i can get a copy of (preferably electronic)