Clutch replacement... how much €€€ - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 10-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

'05 350z

Clutch replacement... how much €€€

Fair bit of vibration / judder from my clutch these days... think I might need to have it replaced, possibly a worn clutch plate. How much should I budget for this including labour ?

I'll probably bring it into Gerry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lacken156

petrol or diesel? I assume from the judder comment its a JTD. Approx €1ooo to €12oo for new clutch & DMF. Half that for a petrol car.

Last edited by Lacken156; 10-01-12 at 13:34.

AO Silver Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Ouch. Take it to Gerry first and let him tell you what's wrong. I tried to self-diagnose a clutch issue on here before and it was a mistake.

I don't like posting what Gerry charged me on the forum as each job could be different. I'm sure he'll give you an estimate.

Not sure if you have the JTD or not, but FWIW, at the time I was having mind replaced, I got the Q2 fitted as well (no real extra labour). The cost of the part seems to have increased according to the Autolusso website, so maybe it's not as attractive an option anymore.

Cowboys Ted, they're a bunch of cowboys!
Lacken156

To fit a q2 diff into a gearbox is several hours extra work, even for an Alfa trained person doing to do it. gerry must have been doing it as a 'job lot' rathter than by the hour.

(Post Link) post #5 of 12 Old 10-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Apologies lads, I should have specified- I have the 1.8 twinspark engine in my GT. I am fairly sure it is the clutch, but then again I am not a mechanic. Best case scenario is that it is just a bit of contamination on the clutch plate...
Lacken156

what mileage?

If the gearbox has to be removed you might as well replace the clutch pressure plate, disc & slave as a set. €6oo should be the MAX price charged by an Alfa garage.

(Post Link) post #7 of 12 Old 10-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

€600 is not too bad actually, I thought it would be more.

The car currently has 86k kilometres. Although I have been feeling the 'judder' since about 78k kilometres, but it has got a bit worse recently, probably due lot of city driving. The judder is apparant mainly in 1st when setting off and in into second, it disappears as the car gets going from 3rd to 5th.

I did buy the car off a woman though so the clutch wear was not unexpected
Damien_C

Lash it into 4th and drive up a steep hill with a full car and watch the rev counter, it the counter starts to move quicker thant he car is accelerating you have a worn clutch.

The judder could be also engine mounts but I doubt that really. With that kinda mileage on it, where you based in Dublin man?

(Post Link) post #9 of 12 Old 10-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
Lash it into 4th and drive up a steep hill with a full car and watch the rev counter, it the counter starts to move quicker thant he car is accelerating you have a worn clutch.

The judder could be also engine mounts but I doubt that really. With that kinda mileage on it, where you based in Dublin man?
It very well could be the mounts too, but I feels very much linked to the clutch engaging. I must try it on a steep hill. I'm up in Castleknock / Blanchardstown direction. Not too far from Ti's really.
Damien_C

Ahh you're not far from me, I was only going to say I'd have a look at it if you like.

(Post Link) post #11 of 12 Old 10-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
Ahh you're not far from me, I was only going to say I'd have a look at it if you like.
Actually Damien that would be sound. I could drive over to where your at sometime this week if I manage to get out of work at a reasonable hour.
Damien_C

No bother at all, now I'm not claiming to know the right thing thats wrong with but no harm in having a look either. I hope to finish work most evenings at around 6ish but like you could be any hour.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
clutch , replacement , €€€

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page