busy day spannering yesterday - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 09-01-12 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
lenny_mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Louth
Posts: 83
busy day spannering yesterday

had a busy day yesterday, serviced the 156. New oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter. The oil filter was an absolute pig of a yoke to do. It really is buried on the 20v. Its off to get the tracking done today, then next month ill do upper wishbones. (lowers were done before I got it). Ill have to take a look at the rear suspension aswell. What normally goes on them (sportwagon). Ill also change the brake fluid. When changing the pollen filters I noticed a wee switch on the seat - apparently I have heated seats. hahaha.

Its a facelift 156, and Im wondering if there are any bluetooth/ipod solutions available that will allow me keep the original head unit and steering wheel controls.

After not selling the 75 (i wanted to buy a speedster that had come up for sale cheap) i have taken that as a sign that the universe wants me to keep it and make it truly awesome, so I changed the plugs yesterday. That in itself was not enough to make it awesome, so I have also ordered some brake rebuild kits, which should sort out my sticky rear caliper. on the awesomeness scale, working brakes are a big plus!

have a few more plans - i will create a specific thread for that i think.

all in all i enjoyed my day spannering.

Also change oil and filter on an audi diesel, (but that was boring and germanic, and the less said about that the better)
lenny_mc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: 00 V 00
AO Silver Member
 
alfamj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 1,315

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny_mc View Post
Its a facelift 156, and Im wondering if there are any bluetooth/ipod solutions available that will allow me keep the original head unit and steering wheel controls.

Take a look at this: iPod CD changer adapter, VW iPod, Music Link, xCarLink and enter in your 156 / Year.

You can plug your Ipod into the back of the OEM Head unit and has compatability to retain steering wheel controls. There were a few threads on it on the ICE Forum on here and overall seems to be good feedback on it. Haven't used it myself but considering getting it.
alfamj is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 13 Old 09-01-12 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
lenny_mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Louth
Posts: 83
cheers alfamj!!
lenny_mc is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 88
Try a Parrot Mk9200. I have one and it's great. You can also add the Unika?? to it to allow the steering wheel controls to be used.
johnniep is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,837
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny_mc View Post
had a busy day yesterday, serviced the 156. New oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter. The oil filter was an absolute pig of a yoke to do. It really is buried on the 20v. Its off to get the tracking done today, then next month ill do upper wishbones. (lowers were done before I got it). Ill have to take a look at the rear suspension aswell. What normally goes on them (sportwagon). Ill also change the brake fluid. When changing the pollen filters I noticed a wee switch on the seat - apparently I have heated seats. hahaha.

Its a facelift 156, and Im wondering if there are any bluetooth/ipod solutions available that will allow me keep the original head unit and steering wheel controls.

After not selling the 75 (i wanted to buy a speedster that had come up for sale cheap) i have taken that as a sign that the universe wants me to keep it and make it truly awesome, so I changed the plugs yesterday. That in itself was not enough to make it awesome, so I have also ordered some brake rebuild kits, which should sort out my sticky rear caliper. on the awesomeness scale, working brakes are a big plus!

have a few more plans - i will create a specific thread for that i think.

all in all i enjoyed my day spannering.

Also change oil and filter on an audi diesel, (but that was boring and germanic, and the less said about that the better)
Top class Lenny!!! Looking forward to your thread...
Mufasa is offline  
Lacken156
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
what, only ONE day of spannering? feels good though
 
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I can get the bluetooth ipod solution for you Lenny if you wanna give me a buzz I can sort it for you.

Nice bitta work there man
 
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,232
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny_mc View Post
Its a facelift 156, and Im wondering if there are any bluetooth/ipod solutions available that will allow me keep the original head unit and steering wheel controls.

Alfa did an iPod kit for the 147/GT & it also works with the 159 ( looks like it also works with the 156 though ) More info about it https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-a...ure-guide.html


Just something to be aware of, I've got the official Alfa iPod kit for my 147, it'll charge & play when connected to my iPod Video but it'll only play but not charge my iTouch.
AFAIK it's down to Apple changing the configuration of the connection port.
David P is offline  
Status: Flying it!
AO Member
 
Mushcles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
County: Tipperary
Posts: 606
I have a good solution for this. Got a unit that plugs into the CD changer slot and it has a USB port, SD card port and an aux input. Works like a charm and all the steering wheel buttons work perfectly. think it was only about 50 squids too. shur let me know if you want me to did up the fleabay link. tis german.
Mushcles is offline  
(Post Link) post #10 of 13 Old 12-01-12 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
lenny_mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Louth
Posts: 83
cheers for the responses guys - ill take a look at the bluetooth stuff!

had the car in for tracking and tie rod ends yesterday. Might treat it to a new set of wheels - anyone any suggestions for a nice multispoke 16 or 17 inch wheel for a facelift sportwagon?
lenny_mc is offline  
Lacken156
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I have these for sale:

Alfa Alloys 16" Teledial & Multi-Spoke for sale in Wexford : €30 - DoneDeal.ie

16" with 4 good tyres. PM me if you are interested. I might be in Dublin Monday.
 
(Post Link) post #12 of 13 Old 12-01-12 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
lenny_mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Louth
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacken156 View Post
I have these for sale:

Alfa Alloys 16" Teledial & Multi-Spoke for sale in Wexford : €30 - DoneDeal.ie

16" with 4 good tyres. PM me if you are interested. I might be in Dublin Monday.
do you have a picture of the multispokes on a 156 Lacken?
lenny_mc is offline  
Lacken156
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
not on a red sw, but on a Cosmos blue

Feel free to call me Pat

Last edited by Lacken156; 31-03-12 at 12:17.
 
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
busy , day , spannering , yesterday

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome