busy day spannering yesterday - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 09-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Louth
busy day spannering yesterday

had a busy day yesterday, serviced the 156. New oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter. The oil filter was an absolute pig of a yoke to do. It really is buried on the 20v. Its off to get the tracking done today, then next month ill do upper wishbones. (lowers were done before I got it). Ill have to take a look at the rear suspension aswell. What normally goes on them (sportwagon). Ill also change the brake fluid. When changing the pollen filters I noticed a wee switch on the seat - apparently I have heated seats. hahaha.

Its a facelift 156, and Im wondering if there are any bluetooth/ipod solutions available that will allow me keep the original head unit and steering wheel controls.

After not selling the 75 (i wanted to buy a speedster that had come up for sale cheap) i have taken that as a sign that the universe wants me to keep it and make it truly awesome, so I changed the plugs yesterday. That in itself was not enough to make it awesome, so I have also ordered some brake rebuild kits, which should sort out my sticky rear caliper. on the awesomeness scale, working brakes are a big plus!

have a few more plans - i will create a specific thread for that i think.

all in all i enjoyed my day spannering.

Also change oil and filter on an audi diesel, (but that was boring and germanic, and the less said about that the better)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny_mc View Post
Its a facelift 156, and Im wondering if there are any bluetooth/ipod solutions available that will allow me keep the original head unit and steering wheel controls.

Take a look at this: iPod CD changer adapter, VW iPod, Music Link, xCarLink and enter in your 156 / Year.

You can plug your Ipod into the back of the OEM Head unit and has compatability to retain steering wheel controls. There were a few threads on it on the ICE Forum on here and overall seems to be good feedback on it. Haven't used it myself but considering getting it.
(Post Link) post #3 of 13 Old 09-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

cheers alfamj!!
AO Member

Try a Parrot Mk9200. I have one and it's great. You can also add the Unika?? to it to allow the steering wheel controls to be used.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
had a busy day yesterday, serviced the 156. New oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter. The oil filter was an absolute pig of a yoke to do. It really is buried on the 20v. Its off to get the tracking done today, then next month ill do upper wishbones. (lowers were done before I got it). Ill have to take a look at the rear suspension aswell. What normally goes on them (sportwagon). Ill also change the brake fluid. When changing the pollen filters I noticed a wee switch on the seat - apparently I have heated seats. hahaha.

After not selling the 75 (i wanted to buy a speedster that had come up for sale cheap) i have taken that as a sign that the universe wants me to keep it and make it truly awesome, so I changed the plugs yesterday. That in itself was not enough to make it awesome, so I have also ordered some brake rebuild kits, which should sort out my sticky rear caliper. on the awesomeness scale, working brakes are a big plus!

have a few more plans - i will create a specific thread for that i think.

all in all i enjoyed my day spannering.

Also change oil and filter on an audi diesel, (but that was boring and germanic, and the less said about that the better)
Top class Lenny!!! Looking forward to your thread...
Lacken156

what, only ONE day of spannering? feels good though

Damien_C

I can get the bluetooth ipod solution for you Lenny if you wanna give me a buzz I can sort it for you.

Nice bitta work there man

County: Cork
Garage
Quote:

Alfa did an iPod kit for the 147/GT & it also works with the 159 ( looks like it also works with the 156 though ) More info about it https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-a...ure-guide.html

Just something to be aware of, I've got the official Alfa iPod kit for my 147, it'll charge & play when connected to my iPod Video but it'll only play but not charge my iTouch.
AFAIK it's down to Apple changing the configuration of the connection port.
AO Member

County: Tipperary
I have a good solution for this. Got a unit that plugs into the CD changer slot and it has a USB port, SD card port and an aux input. Works like a charm and all the steering wheel buttons work perfectly. think it was only about 50 squids too. shur let me know if you want me to did up the fleabay link. tis german.
(Post Link) post #10 of 13 Old 12-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

cheers for the responses guys - ill take a look at the bluetooth stuff!

had the car in for tracking and tie rod ends yesterday. Might treat it to a new set of wheels - anyone any suggestions for a nice multispoke 16 or 17 inch wheel for a facelift sportwagon?
Lacken156

I have these for sale:

Alfa Alloys 16" Teledial & Multi-Spoke for sale in Wexford : €30 - DoneDeal.ie

16" with 4 good tyres. PM me if you are interested. I might be in Dublin Monday.

(Post Link) post #12 of 13 Old 12-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacken156 View Post
I have these for sale:

Alfa Alloys 16" Teledial & Multi-Spoke for sale in Wexford : €30 - DoneDeal.ie

16" with 4 good tyres. PM me if you are interested. I might be in Dublin Monday.
do you have a picture of the multispokes on a 156 Lacken?
Lacken156

not on a red sw, but on a Cosmos blue

Feel free to call me Pat

Last edited by Lacken156; 31-03-12 at 12:17.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
busy , day , spannering , yesterday

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page