Alfa 75 for sale - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 39 Old 11-12-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Louth
Alfa 75 for sale

Well, im selling my 75 :-( (but am not really sure what its worth).
Good:
solid car, lots of history, mots, ncts (current nct expires september 2012), taxed (expires may 2012)

Bad, one rear caliper is siezed, it will need to be looked at. battery is on the way out, needs a good service.

ugly the paint has a good deal of laquer peel, and there is a crack in one bumper where i bumped into a piller.

So good people of alfa owner, what is it worth, and is anyone interested?

Also selling a 2003 audi a4 1.9 tdi if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Lenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lacken156

you leaving the country?

AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

far greater market in the uk than here lenny so might be no harm putting it on pistonheads, as far as value I wouldnt have a clue, i got mine cheap but for a good reason. Check the prices on pistonheads and you'll get some sort of idea what its worth
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
is it a v6? how long before it gets classic tax? what colour? did you ask (i. e. Gerry) roughly how much would it cost to get it fixed?
Lacken156

there are TWO for sale in Roscommon for €1200

Mario Andretti

Well I had the pleasure of driving this machine and it pulls very well and holds the road beautifully. These were without doubt one of the last well bolted together alfas from a day gone by...

AO Silver Member

Member car:

33 16v

If it wasn't for the sud I'd be all over this

Hope it gets a good home.
Damien_C

Good luck with the sale man. Shame I have no room for the yoke I'd like to buy one of them.

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Andretti View Post
Well I had the pleasure of driving this machine and it pulls very well and holds the road beautifully. These were without doubt one of the last well bolted together alfas from a day gone by...
so, could _you_ answer my questions then? It seems I can't afford the Coupe, and I'll need something else to keep the adrenaline flowing.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

33 16v

Its a 2l ts in red. tbh a sticking calliper is nothing to get sorted. There are pics of it somewhere at cclive Ill see if I can find them

Edit: Found one

http://public.fotki.com/speedy/2010-.../img-1961.html

Last edited by Fluffyduff; 12-12-11 at 12:17.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post
Its a 2l ts in red. tbh a sticking calliper is nothing to get sorted. There are pics of it somewhere at cclive Ill see if I can find them
Frank you have to remember that Levante wouldn't get his hands dirty like you!!!

Be well tempted myself if the sud goes!!!

Although I said I'd hang back for a while get the other two classics sorted....
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

While we're 'here' I'm planning to lower my brown Sud with donor sourced complete struts for the front and springs for the back. Want to paint them - black hammerite do the trick or do you have anything else you could recommend.
Sorry for the hijack Lenny!!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

33 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarsbaby View Post
While we're 'here' I'm planning to lower my brown Sud with donor sourced complete struts for the front and springs for the back. Want to paint them - black hammerite do the trick or do you have anything else you could recommend.
Sorry for the hijack Lenny!!

Dunno about the springs Rory but I did some of wishbones and links in hammerite and it held up pretty well so far. Should be fine
Mario Andretti

Powder coat the springs as paint will flake off alot quicker

AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post
Dunno about the springs Rory but I did some of wishbones and links in hammerite and it held up pretty well so far. Should be fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Andretti View Post
Powder coat the springs as paint will flake off alot quicker
Thanks lads!!
AO Silver Member

82 D? that's classic tax and insurance next year... hmmm...
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by klapanciusz View Post
82 D? that's classic tax and insurance next year... hmmm...
Which one Levante?

Classic insurance starts at 25 years for first car (20 years for second car with Axa).
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

hey rory, i currently have the 33 tank removed, am almost finished sanding it down, but will be spraying with hammerite stone chip and once thats done there is no need to paint, you can get the stone chip in eitherblack or grey. Powdercoating i think might be a bit expensive.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa155 TS View Post
hey rory, i currently have the 33 tank removed, am almost finished sanding it down, but will be spraying with hammerite stone chip and once thats done there is no need to paint, you can get the stone chip in eitherblack or grey. Powdercoating i think might be a bit expensive.
Great stuff Mark! Think the guys on the 33/Sud forum have done something similar.
Where did you buy yours? Fancy the black myself.
Lacken156

Hey lads this is a 75 thread not a 33 thread.

Lenny did you receive my PM? An answer would be polite, let it be Yes/No or otherwise.

AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacken156 View Post
Hey lads this is a 75 thread not a 33 thread.

Lenny did you receive my PM? An answer would be polite, let it be Yes/No or otherwise.
Pat if there's one thing you need to know about me it's that I often hijack threads...
It's often for the common good (I think)....
(Post Link) post #22 of 39 Old 13-12-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

sorry for the delay in getting back to this post lads - ive been under the weather. Anyway -

@lacken - not leaving the country (yet )

I bought the car in september 2008. It was a UK import and I am the first registered Irish owner.

There is a good deal of service history and recipts with the car, as well as a number of MOTs (see below). An older gentleman owned the car from new, then the guy I bought it from got it.

Previous owner carried out the following work:
O/S front wheel bearing replaced
Front castor ball joins fitted
New front and rear disks
new Battery
New centre and front prop shaft doughnuts
replaced front section of exhaust with good second hand item
Replaced centre section of exhaust with new item
Replaced rear box with CSC rear box
replaced Gearlinkage bush at base of lever and gear box mounts
replaced all bushes for de-deon axle
fit 3 litre front ARB (24mm v 22 mm) with centre poly bushes, and standard end bushes
replaced power steering and alternator belts
fit as new SPAX adjustable fornt shocks
fit as new rear konis
rewired fuel pump supply
fit braided front lines
remove all wheel arch and side plastic trims to check for rust. some small welding done on sills
waxoyled underneath

In my ownership:
put through the NCT in September 2008. Passed first time

Carried out by Gerry at TI:
(i felt the brakes could be improved, and after talking to some alfa people the following set up seemed the best - i have used this set up on track with no problems)
replaced front disks with OMP drilled and grooved disks
replaced pads with ECB greenstuff front
fit braided rear line
remove brake bias valve and re plumb brake m/c
new 5.1 fluid

Done by me:
replace thermostat
regular oil change every 4-5 k miles
change gearbox/diff oil at 91000 miles
Change r14 inch revolution wheels to 16 inch AEZ wheels.
4 new tyres about 2 - 3 k miles ago. Have been on track once.
remove standard airbox and fit performance air filter (not sure of the make but it sounds good)

There are some spares with the car, like the old disks (which were in very good nick, some other little parts, a full set of monroe shocks, and other stuff I cant remember)

The alfa romeo control panel works fully, however, the oil level sensor is defective and there are no replacements available. I have bypassed this with a resistor (common among the 75's), but a manual check of the oil will show the oil level. The car burns very little oil, maybe < quarter litre every thousand miles or so) The oil pressure guage works corrcetly. The leather interior is generally in good condition, with no tears, but does have some wear on the drivers seat bolster. the previous owner has tried to colour match the front seats, and the colour is a bit off, but not too bad. All other ARC warnings work ok.

not so good points:
There is paint laquer peel on the car. Ideally the car would benefit from a full respray. the bodywork itself is in very good condition for a 20 year old car.
there is a tiny rust bubble under the rear lights, which is a common problem
there is non original interior carpet. Im not sure why this is.
Rear brake are sticking on. They would probably require a rebuild.
Battery is lazy and will probably need to be replaced.
Lots of MOTs
2 NCT with pass sheet (sailed through first time)
Lots of other receipts for the work carried out below, and the work carried out by Gerry at TI

Original email outlining work completed by previous owner:
I have been thinking about the car and can confirm that the following has been replaced whilst in my ownership-
Front tyres, lower swivels, O/S front wheel bearing, Front castor ball joints fitted, discs all round with new pads, battery,centre and front prop doughnuts, front section of exhaust (second hand but as new when fitted), centre section (new and hammerited before fitting), rear box (secondhand CSC box in excellent condition - hammerited), Gearlinkage bush at base of lever, gearbox mounts, all polybushes locating the de-deon axle, 3 ltr front roll bar (24mm Vs 22mm) powder coated rebushed with std bushes at the ends and poly in the centre, power steering and alternator belts. Rewired the fuel pump supply with replacement connector (properly soldered and sleeved) at the bulkhead (common failure point). Good second-hand rear Konis (like new when fitted) and again as new front Spax (blue adjustable). All of the electrics work and no problems with the 'Alfa Control' panel, interior is in good condition with leather recaros which are excellent in the rear (with matching door cards) but fronts have been repainted and do not quite match, they could do with treatment by Renovo leather dye or similar. They have no serious wear or sagging but some creasing as befits their age. The car has a VDO radio cassette which is working with all four speakers in good condition and I have a set of front tweeters and door speakers that came with the door panels.
The car has been reliable, starts on the button and as I say we used it for a recent week away in the New Forest and covered over 500 miles with a 37 MPG economy no noticeable oil consumption and no problems. It tracks as straight as a die and I am confident that it would get you home with no problems. The oil pressure is up to 6 bar (on 10w-40) when cold and drops to 5 when really hot at speed and about 2 bar at idle when hot. Last oil change was in the summer and it has only done about 2000 miles since then I suppose.
For the last MOT the front swivels, front tyres (Firestone TZ200)and the front-rear metal brake pipe were replaced. The corners of the sills were welded and the cavities were wax coated to protect. ALL of the plastic parts (arches and sills) have been removed and the arches are solid and have been waxoiled afterwards. The whole underside has been waxoyl undersealed after treating any patches with 'Trustan'. The car drives really well and as I have had one previously and also an Alfetta GTV so I know how well these cars can handle. I think the 155 may disappoint in this area with all that weight at the front!

any more questions please give me a shout
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Price, price, price!!!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Do you accept coffee payments ?
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
Do you accept coffee payments ?
But you never buy Rob!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
alfa , sale

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page