Delayed in ordering my Mito. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 16 Old 08-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Not Happy Delayed in ordering my Mito.

Guys,

I went to order my new Mito about 2 weeks ago and was on its way to be ordered through the system at the local dealership only to have a call from them to say that Alfa has put a hold on ordering Mitos for 2 weeks on there computer system.... Can anyone confirm this as ive been waiting now with NO correspondence from the dealership as to why this is happening. I was hoping to get the car by Jan 2012 but seems a little likely now.

I would have thought spending Ä27000 euros they would give you an explanation as to the delay, would it be a new 2012 model on the cards....

Anyone help and give me some hope as this will be my FIRST ALFA !!!!!

Cheers guys and girls....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: Cork
Garage
Perhaps it's related to another component shortage of certain parts due to the Japan crisis earlier in the year, I know they were issues a few months ago with some of the Mito options.
What engine & spec did you go for, a QV ? As for a new model no but you'll probably have one of the first MY11 Mitos as AR Ireland decided not to import them earlier this year when they were introduced IIRC.

TBH the Dealer probably doesn't know any more than you do.
(Post Link) post #3 of 16 Old 08-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Dave,

Im going for the QV 170 multiair and cant wait to see things moving forward. Sorry for being think here dude but what is the first MY11 Mitos !!!!! A little new to Alfas buddy..... and what differences are there to the model now in Ireland....

Garage
Good choice

MY11 : Model Year 2011, there were a few spec changes made to the MY11 Mito QV such as different seat trims, green stitching instead of red & IIRC parking sensors are now standard.
(Post Link) post #5 of 16 Old 08-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Ah right so its good to say that this may go in my favour then..... Cant wait, i hope they get in contact soon so i can change a few things round then. Do you get the 18" as standard as well, ive read that you do, they look sweet wheels...

Thanks a million Dave and appreciate your help.
Mario Andretti

I wouldnt worry as the last half of the year in italy is a lazy time as they have the month of august off and then they get ready for the crimbo holidays....

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagiva85 View Post
Ah right so its good to say that this may go in my favour then..... Cant wait, i hope they get in contact soon so i can change a few things round then. Do you get the 18" as standard as well, ive read that you do, they look sweet wheels...

Thanks a million Dave and appreciate your help.

If you want to make some spec changes it might be best to get in touch yourself & not wait for them to get back to you to make sure the order doesn't go ahead with your previous choices.

There was a change to the wheels I think but I can't remember exactly what, also there is no guarantee the Irish standard spec will be the same as that of the UK, make sure you check everything with the Dealer/ AR Ireland to confirm you know what you are getting.

No bother
(Post Link) post #8 of 16 Old 08-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Yeah ive already said to the AR dealership not to put anything through until he rings me with any changes on the MY11 model when the system opens up again.

Thanks again Dave.

Garage
(Post Link) post #10 of 16 Old 08-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Good choice

MY11 : Model Year 2011, there were a few spec changes made to the MY11 Mito QV such as different seat trims, green stitching instead of red & IIRC parking sensors are now standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Andretti View Post
I wouldnt worry as the last half of the year in italy is a lazy time as they have the month of august off and then they get ready for the crimbo holidays....
Cheers Mario that's good to know.....
Mario Andretti

Well i worked for alfa for long enough to know if you ordered special parts at the start of august that were not in the uk warehouse it would be september when you got them.... but keep the faith and all things good come to those who wait

(Post Link) post #12 of 16 Old 08-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Andretti View Post
Well i worked for alfa for long enough to know if you ordered special parts at the start of august that were not in the uk warehouse it would be september when you got them.... but keep the faith and all things good come to those who wait
LOL, thats turue Mario, thanks again.... it will be a nice Christmas present, well in January when i get it... lol
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Does anyone know if there are any tricks to get free upgrades like you could with the Giulietta? For example getting the bigger breaks (an optional extra) for free if you order red brake calipers.
AO Member

County: Edinburgh
Don't think you really get the larger calipers free, it is around a 300 quid option for the red calipers so you're not paying just for paint!
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

How much are the brakes though?

Garage
The description in the brochure/configurator was incorrect, the price listed ( €395 ) was for the Brembo upgrade which included the Red Calipers.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
delayed , mito , ordering

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page