Wtf? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 17 Old 05-11-11 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 99

Member car:

Mito,Montreal.

kyote00 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Dont know but it looks well imo


then again I am slightly blind
Dermo is offline  
Status: D'ya know how much rage I have in me!?
AO Silver Member
 
Mysterio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 4,623

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Don't like it..
Mysterio is offline  
propellorhead
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I really hope that's a one off...
 
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
That def is a wtf. lol
 
Status: aaaaggghhhhh!!!!!
AO Member
 
rikd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United States
County: Arizona
Posts: 763
sweet jebus!!!

it's so wrong on so many levels...

At least the body work looks good.. shame about the rest of it
rikd is offline  
Lacken156
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
it looks like a DIY converison too.
 
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,833
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Mario can correct me if I'm wrong but the Sprint was not made as a convertible.
So it would be an 'aftermarket' conversion.
I don't think it looks that bad - quite reminds me of an X/19 (definitely might lose Mario here!)
Kyote - tell us how you really feel!!!

(You seriously didn't expect to write a full serious post now did you?)
Mufasa is offline  
(Post Link) post #9 of 17 Old 06-11-11 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 99

Member car:

Mito,Montreal.

Never was a convertible sprint...so Ä5k is madness for a butchered Sud....

Bought for 2k sterling....according to this thread....
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...nvertible.html

Must remember to take my pills today
kyote00 is offline  
Status: And on the eighth day God made Alfas..!
AO Gold Member
 
pendragonfalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Carlow
Posts: 6,693
There was a crowd in the UK. They'd turn anything into a ragtop. Can't remember the name of them. I think they were near Guildford.

That Sud will be one of their's, I'll wager.. :mygrin1:
pendragonfalls is offline  
Mario Andretti
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Sure look at the 400 and 412 convertibles as they comand a premium for what is a cut up ferrari but as regards the sud i hope the sills are good :-)
 
propellorhead
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
[QUOTE=Mario Andretti;4455550]but as regards the sud i hope the sills are good :-)[/QUOTEll

What you can't see from the pics is the two scaffolding bars that run the entire length of the car, doors are welded shut too!
 
Status: Giggity Giggity...... Giggitygoo
AO Silver Member
 
Alfa155 TS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 3,230

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

its a dodgy chop job lads, look at the bar running the width of the car behind the seats, they destroyed a once great car
Alfa155 TS is offline  
Mario Andretti
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarsbaby View Post
Mario can correct me if I'm wrong but the Sprint was not made as a convertible.
So it would be an 'aftermarket' conversion.
I don't think it looks that bad - quite reminds me of an X/19 (definitely might lose Mario here!)
Kyote - tell us how you really feel!!!

(You seriously didn't expect to write a full serious post now did you?)
You will never lose me rory... but i would to love to know the exact heritage of it as short runs by design houses for large makers were not unusual as look at vignales work and even oscas work.
 
(Post Link) post #15 of 17 Old 08-11-11 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 99

Member car:

Mito,Montreal.

From the other thread on this car....


"Now - how opportune!!!!!. Is this the red convertible Sprint with the tan leather seats (from a Subaru)?? I was talking to the chap who did that very conversion earlier on today. A very interesting story. Apparently the car is now in Co Sligo in Eire. The rear deck was made from the boot of a Skoda Estelle, the bumpers are Mk2 Golf, and the car was strengthened by creating a roll over hoop at the B pillar and a reinforcing tube at the foot of the b pillar too."
kyote00 is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,833
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Andretti View Post
You will never lose me rory... but i would to love to know the exact heritage of it as short runs by design houses for large makers were not unusual as look at vignales work and even oscas work.
Good to know D... Mario!
Mufasa is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,833
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyote00 View Post
From the other thread on this car....


"Now - how opportune!!!!!. Is this the red convertible Sprint with the tan leather seats (from a Subaru)?? I was talking to the chap who did that very conversion earlier on today. A very interesting story. Apparently the car is now in Co Sligo in Eire. The rear deck was made from the boot of a Skoda Estelle, the bumpers are Mk2 Golf, and the car was strengthened by creating a roll over hoop at the B pillar and a reinforcing tube at the foot of the b pillar too."
Hmmm! I'll leave it for someone else to buy...
Mufasa is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
wtf

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wtf! who's gonna rob me next? Rockstar Rant Room 8 30-12-09 23:54
Sky+ wtf - can't watch a recording with no signal Kev_D Rant Room 11 27-11-09 08:01
This Web Site - WTF? twincamms Rant Room 112 09-10-09 14:52
Bacon? wtf! Sipe Rant Room 11 02-01-08 13:11

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome