Bravo, guiliette or delta - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Mario Andretti

Bravo, guiliette or delta

Well the time has come for mammy to change her car and this will be her 30th year owning an italian car. This will be the first time since 93 she has the chance to pick from the three makes but she always had a soft spot for the lancias as she had deltas, themas, prismas and y10s so now she has to choose. I am looking for people who have lived with these cars in this country or for helpful opinion and especially towards engines as doesnt drive fast but most of the themas were the turbo ones:-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Well, the only Delta you can get here is the Chrysler, so NO to that.

Get her into a Giulietta QV
AO Member

County: Tipperary
I'm driving a 1.6 JTDm2 Giulietta Mario, so if you have any questions relevant to that model, I'd be happy to address them. No Bravo experience though, sorry.
Mario Andretti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
Well, the only Delta you can get here is the Chrysler, so NO to that.

Get her into a Giulietta QV
If she gets the delta it will be rebadged but a qv would be nice

Mario Andretti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv164v6 View Post
I'm driving a 1.6 JTDm2 Giulietta Mario, so if you have any questions relevant to that model, I'd be happy to address them. No Bravo experience though, sorry.
Might be talking soon enough

AO Member

County: Arizona
I drove the 1.6 jTDm 120Bhp Bravo for a weekend
Loved it.. the car really reved nicely and had lots of power for overtaking, etc..
Also, fuel economy was extremely good considering.. On board computer told me I was doing 48mpg despite the fact I was flooring the throttle every chance I got.

The delta is a lovely car, despite the rebadge. It may have Chrysler as a badge, but you know that heart is true Lancia.

Personally - I prefer the looks of the Guiliette even it's most basic package, but get right wheels on a Bravo, and it can look amazing, and with the right engine, perform pretty incredibly too

In all seriousness though - I'd go for the Abarth 500 first and foremost.. Love my wifes 500, just wish it had the 1.4 turbo
Mario Andretti

Cheers for that as i was driving the 120 bhp alfa this weekend and it is a perfect car but it needs cruise control as it is too easy to speed in it. The 500 is a bit too small for her but the turbo ones are cool as i have a drive booked in a twin air one as i am hearing savage things about it.

propellorhead

I had a bravo hire car for a few weeks a while back, it was a petrol 1.4 I think. It was a nice and comfy car to spin around in. The engine was gutless though and the indicator sometimes didnt self cancel, had a woman pull out in front of me because she thought I was turning into the junction she was pulling out of! Oh they have good brakes too!

AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
rebadged Chrysler Ypsilon? Fiat Panda 100 HP?
AO Silver Member

County: Longford
i really like the "new" Delta. of the three i think its the best looking car, but Guilietta is probably the best car of the trio.
However if it were my money i'd buy a Delta & stick Lancia badges on it!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
bravo , delta , guiliette

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page