Mito uneven tyre wear - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 05-09-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cork
Mito uneven tyre wear

Hi all, I have posted this up on the mito section, though I might as well try here too. The mito went in for its first service and the dealer said the tracking was out leading to the inner part of the tyre wearing away. The 156 used to do this on both front wheels and needed regular adjustment. This is different as it is only the the driver side front. I brought it to a tyre place i regularly use and he was not convinced it is a tracking problem. He seems to think it is the camber or some other set up issue. What do you guys think? Picture included.

All other tyres are wearing normally and very even. The wear is so far over it is almost side wall, its a bit weird to say the least.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1117.JPG (51.4 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Garage
Did the dealer try to adjust it or just tell you to take it elsewhere to get it sorted

AFAIK the camber isn't adjustable on the Mito as it's set by the casting.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 05-09-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

He just said to get a new tyre and get the tracking done. I was thinking at the time, methinks he doth protest too much.

Camber isn't adjustable, I think the driver side front might need to be rebuilt.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

All the cars I've owned always wore tyres on the same axel , I have never seen this ( eg the wear you have ) in all the Alfa's and other cars Ive owned . My 147 always wore the tyres on the inside but as the car was on 17s and not the standard 16's it was supposed to come with it was put down to the camber , which is factory set and cannot be changed . I just swapped the tyres from one side to another every 6-7 K miles .. That foooked up when I fitted directional tyres

Garage
@ Jak : If it was mine I'd be looking to get the Dealer to do the tracking, then if there's a problem again at least they have supposedly already fixed it

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
mito , tyre , uneven , wear

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page