service options help needed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 26-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Octavia vRS tsi

service options help needed

Monaghans in Galway are no longer an approved Alfa service center, so I'd appreciate any input on finding a new service/dealer center in Dublin that can be trusted with me Bella. And won't try to rip me off..

I've a few warranty bits that need sorting as well..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/4326866-post54.html

From Dave's post it seems there are 2 left. Tractamotors in Blanchardstown and Fiat Alfa in Goatstown..

County: Cork
Garage
That is Authorised Sales Dealerships Rob

There are still loads of Authorised Service Centres around the country, just look here Alfaromeo.ie Dealer Locator

PS Monaghans are still listed as a Service Centre but maybe that's not correct but the map was updated recently
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
That is Authorised Sales Dealerships Rob

There are still loads of Authorised Service Centres around the country, just look here Alfaromeo.ie Dealer Locator

PS Monaghans are still listed as a Service Centre but maybe that's not correct but the map was updated recently
Oh.. Sorry
(Post Link) post #5 of 12 Old 26-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Octavia vRS tsi

Cheers lads, Monaghans rang me yesterday to say that they were no longer servicing Alfa Romeo.

This could well be my last Alfa after 12yrs, having to drive cross country to buy/service a car is a pain I can do without...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
Oh.. Sorry

Garage
It's bad enough currently having to go to dubland to get a test drive of a new Alfa but not having a local service agent for warranty work just isn't good enough

Hopefully ( a lot of hope is probably required ) that will change with the appointment of some new Alfa/Jeep/Chrysler Dealers around the country.
(Post Link) post #7 of 12 Old 26-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Octavia vRS tsi

A major pain considering the 159 Ti is just a year old, has anyone any thoughts on Alasta Autos for servicing? in Dub4. Seems to be the most direct one from the list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
It's bad enough currently having to go to dubland to get a test drive of a new Alfa but not having a local service agent for warranty work just isn't good enough

Hopefully that will change with the appointment of some new Alfa/Jeep/Chrysler Dealers around the country.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjet View Post
I've a few warranty bits that need sorting as well..
Hey Mjet.. out of interest what bits need done your your Ti under warranty?
(Post Link) post #9 of 12 Old 26-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Octavia vRS tsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathal_H View Post
Hey Mjet.. out of interest what bits need done your your Ti under warranty?
The Ti is 2010 just a year old, aircon is on the fritz, and just noticed the drivers seat bolster has cracks appearing in it...finding a good service center is the problem, as I have no experience outside of the Whest..(Galway)
AO Silver Member

Quote:
The Ti is 2010 just a year old, aircon is on the fritz, and just noticed the drivers seat bolster has cracks appearing in it...finding a good service center is the problem, as I have no experience outside of the Whest..(Galway)

Ouch... did you hear high pitched squealing from the air con compressor? I had that last year.. Got it topped up and no problems since... it's only been 12 month though. Apparently there is no leak in the system.. the air-con gas seems to shift itself into another dimension, but not leak.

I read about the seats cracking alright on the 159 tech forum.. best of luck with the claim.. they'll have to sort you out.
(Post Link) post #11 of 12 Old 26-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Octavia vRS tsi

No, the aircon is just blowing hot only intermittently, yesterday there was a salt water type smell from it, least it seemed to be coming from it...had the same problem with the 2008 159, turned out to be a faulty switch..

The seat seems to be a common problem alright, the bigger problem is having to make a return trip to have it fixed after its been inspected...another 100 yo-yo's when you take into account fuel for the car and myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathal_H View Post
Ouch... did you hear high pitched squealing from the air con compressor? I had that last year.. Got it topped up and no problems since... it's only been 12 month though. Apparently there is no leak in the system.. the air-con gas seems to shift itself into another dimension, but not leak.

I read about the seats cracking alright on the 159 tech forum.. best of luck with the claim.. they'll have to sort you out.
AO Member

Member car:

159 3.2

Quote:
A major pain considering the 159 Ti is just a year old, has anyone any thoughts on Alasta Autos for servicing? in Dub4. Seems to be the most direct one from the list...
I've had my 159 done there since I got it - always been fast and reliable and good for a chat when they're not too busy, although expensive enough (I'm sure probably same as any other primary dealership though). They will have sold a fair few 159s there over the years, incl TIs so at least should have decent servicing experience of what common warranty issues crop up (how they act on warranty claims I can't say however - a prayer to the gods of alfa customer service probably necessary on that one...). I know Damo's had some different experiences with them, but for me it's the only place I can drop it in before work and pick it up after work (or even at lunch time) without having to add hours to my commute. If they need a part from the UK, they get daily deliveries shipped in. Probably not such an issue in your case, but I've also had a small repair job done in South Dublin Fiat in Goatstown and if I had to choose it would be Alasta.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
needed , options , service

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page