NCT scam! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 25 Old 03-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

NCT scam!

Right the story is that the NCT's Charter states that if your NCT appointment is not within 4 weeks one is entitled to a free test : The actual wording is "Ensure that the average leadtime for an appointment at an individual test centre is less than three weeks with a free test if this is greater than four weeks." No mention of contacting them by phone etc . So you book your nct online and as you are concentrating on inputing your registration and date of registration you fail to notice the first line which states that If you dont get an appointment with 4 weeks ring this number ! And even if you do you get an appointment the next day or similar which is difficult to make ! So the effect is that the customer is never going to get there fee back !!

Its a load of Bollix

Glad i got that off my chest... Licence to print money , I put this on a par with the Lotto Vans parked by the side of the roads

Run away with my wife kill my child but dont touch my car

CYCLISTS! THEY PAY NOTHING I TELL YA NOTHING
FRANKLY i DON'T GIVE A DAMN
IF THE ABS LIGHT IS ON ITS TOO LATE !
100% OF NON SMOKERS DIE TOO
Dermo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,417
Same here with the 156 last year. 6.weeks waiting for test.

Questioned it on day of test. Was made to feel like a l****r by the staff at little island test center. Paid the 50.

Wrote a letter to main office in Dublin. Got money back 2 months later.
Cathal_H is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 25 Old 03-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Just a minute ? Did you book it online ? If so it would be interesting if you got your money back as I applied and was told that I didnt ring . If you did exactly the same as me I would be Interested Cathal as they also say that they will treat all customers the same ? Would love to shove it up there where the sun dont shine and get my money back ?
Dermo is offline  
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,417
I always book online .ill dig out the letter and reply. I'll scan them and pm them to you.

They are piggish to deal with over the counter imo ( Blarney and Little Island ) but fine with main office.
Cathal_H is offline  
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,417
Unless they have changed procedure in last year. But the charter is the charter.
Cathal_H is offline  
(Post Link) post #6 of 25 Old 03-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

I thought that too but If I have proof that you got your monet back with exactly the same circs then there is for a Post explosion every week .. I can clog them with emails etc

Cheers Cathal email Pm ok
Dermo is offline  
(Post Link) post #7 of 25 Old 03-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Actually as Cathal has said , Has anyone else got there fee back , the more the merrior


I'll even buy coffee's the next time when I get the fee back !
Dermo is offline  
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,417
Np. I scan in my letter and.their.reply.later.

I'm.using a stupid.phone right now and can't type for.s*** on it

But basically I had my booking reference email and the recript on the day and.told.them the difference was.6weeks. Job done.
Cathal_H is offline  
Status: D'ya know how much rage I have in me!?
AO Silver Member
 
Mysterio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 4,623

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Actually I've never had a problem with them. Either Deansgrange or Northpoint (both in Dublin). Always got appoitments within a week or two.
Mysterio is offline  
(Post Link) post #10 of 25 Old 03-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Exactly what I did , printed the email , and sent them the complaint application and their reply said that it was on their site and that they have "basically" nothing to answer ! Be great if its the same ? If it is ok can I use your stuff and ask them to explain why theres a difference ?
Dermo is offline  
(Post Link) post #11 of 25 Old 03-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
Actually I've never had a problem with them. Either Deansgrange or Northpoint (both in Dublin). Always got appoitments within a week or two.
Yes Rob by phone ? Or on their website ?
Dermo is offline  
Status: D'ya know how much rage I have in me!?
AO Silver Member
 
Mysterio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 4,623

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Yes Rob by phone ? Or on their website ?
Website and e-mail. They were very helpful.
Mysterio is offline  
(Post Link) post #13 of 25 Old 03-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Well you have no problem so .. I did what you did and they 1st appointment was 8 weeks after , so on checking their website their "Customer Charter" states over 4 weeks and you get a free test , nothing about having to ring them which as per the first post is not in keeping with the spirit of a Charter
Dermo is offline  
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,417
Dermo... just send you a mail with the scanned letter from the NCTS refunding the cash. I attempted to book on the 1st April last year.. the test was on the 18th May.

The charter is as clear as day to me.. money back thank you very much. as follows:

NCTS :: National Car Testing Service - Customer Charter

Item 4 :
Quote:
4. Ensure that the average leadtime for an appointment at an individual test centre is less than three weeks with a free test if this is greater than four weeks.
On the day I booked the test last year their website was a bit buggy. I made the booking online but I didn't get an sms or email back to say it was confirmed. I called them to confirm and they said the booking was ok. I asked for confirmation of some sorts so a letter arrived in the post a few days later.


EDIT: Here is the letter from them with my address blanked out....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-08-05_nct_refund_AO_Version.jpg (49.4 KB, 11 views)
Cathal_H is offline  
Status: Working Hard
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ireland
County: Wexford
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Right the story is that the NCT's Charter states that if your NCT appointment is not within 4 weeks one is entitled to a free test : The actual wording is "Ensure that the average leadtime for an appointment at an individual test centre is less than three weeks with a free test if this is greater than four weeks." No mention of contacting them by phone etc . So you book your nct online and as you are concentrating on inputing your registration and date of registration you fail to notice the first line which states that If you dont get an appointment with 4 weeks ring this number ! And even if you do you get an appointment the next day or similar which is difficult to make ! So the effect is that the customer is never going to get there fee back !!

Its a load of Bollix

Glad i got that off my chest... Licence to print money , I put this on a par with the Lotto Vans parked by the side of the roads
You must be dealing with the wrong NCT people. What you have to do it pay your €50's & then submit an APPEAL to head office. They will refund you the money.

Alternatively, if you are a nice well mannered, non-blonde person like me, they will not charge you in the 1st place. A little respect & common politeness goes a long way.

Just like you & I, they are men with wives/family etc doing a job that is often thankless & un-appreciated. Its my belief that NCT has improved the quailty of the car's on the roads of modern day Ireland & its a MAJOR plus for people selling cars.

Can you imagine been in a job where the 1st sentence that most people say when sitting in the waiting room is " this fooking place is a pure rip off, safety me hole, license to print money " , you hear that enough times & you start to believe it. I know several NCT people in several centre & they are a good hard working people.

The same words could used for Garda, Traffic Wardens, Cus & Ex, VAT + Revenue personel, all these people are also caught up in red tape well beyond their control

Last edited by Red156Ti; 03-08-11 at 22:34.
Red156Ti is offline  
(Post Link) post #16 of 25 Old 03-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red156Ti View Post
You must be dealing with the wrong NCT people. What you have to do it pay your €50's & then submit an APPEAL to head office. They will refund you the money.

Alternatively, if you are a nice well mannered, non-blonde person like me, they will not charge you in the 1st place. A little respect & common politeness goes a long way.

Just like you & I, they are men with wives/family etc doing a job that is often thankless & un-appreciated. Its my belief that NCT has improved the quailty of the car's on the roads of modern day Ireland & its a MAJOR plus for people selling cars.

Can you imagine been in a job where the 1st sentence that most people say when sitting in the waiting room is " this fooking place is a pure rip off, safety me hole, license ot print money " , you hear that enough times & you start to believe it. I know several NCT people in several centre & they are a good hard working people.
Mr Red this is not the case the person in Little Island had actually no problem with me or I with her and neither had any person at the NCT centre . It was and is stated in their charter as per my quote . No dogs , persons , or NCT persons were harmed in the making of this add ! It was form which was handed to me . The lady said "you have to fill this in" and post it , and a cheque will issue thereafter ?

Am I wrong to look for this as in my Job if something is written "as is their Charter" it is written , to find a loophole (like you never rang !) is a loophole and the Charter is worthless which is not the spirit of the said charter . They also state that all customers will be treated fairly. I have 3 people already who have got there refund (circs the same ) so why did this change ?
Dermo is offline  
Status: Working Hard
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ireland
County: Wexford
Posts: 160
Dermo, I know of several people who got their money refund, i also know several people who got the test 'free' on the day. Maybe your appeal got lost in the post. Maybe with holidays etc the response is slow.

Try ringing the 1890 412 413 number & explain to them your case, they'll be able to pass you onto the relevant department.

BTW I know you are a very respectful, well manner person, I was only pulling your leg, hop you didn't take me serious
Red156Ti is offline  
(Post Link) post #18 of 25 Old 04-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Red I did send in the form but recieved a dear John letter hence the above
Dermo is offline  
Status: Working Hard
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ireland
County: Wexford
Posts: 160
Feel free to call me Pat.
Red156Ti is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,819
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red156Ti View Post
Feel free to call me Pat.
What's the story with your sidekick?
Mufasa is offline  
Status: Working Hard
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ireland
County: Wexford
Posts: 160
Which one? I have a few

If you are referring to Michael that you met last night he owned Alfa's when they were true 'rust buckets'. His 2nd car was an Alfa Sud 1700. We know each other approx 25 years. He & i used to attend rallys the lenght & breath of Ireland together in various cars.
Red156Ti is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,819
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red156Ti View Post
Which one? I have a few

If you are referring to Michael that you met last night he owned Alfa's when they were true 'rust buckets'. His 2nd car was an Alfa Sud 1700. We know each other approx 25 years. He & i used to attend rallys the lenght & breath of Ireland together in various cars.
The very one - haven't heard back yet....
Mufasa is offline  
Status: Working Hard
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ireland
County: Wexford
Posts: 160
If you deal or don't that's between He & you. I only arrange the meeting & went along for the spin to see your Sud.
Red156Ti is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,819
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red156Ti View Post
If you deal or don't that's between He & you. I only arrange the meeting & went along for the spin to see your Sud.
Ok Pat
Mufasa is offline  
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,417
Hey Dermo.. check your mail when you have a chance....
Cathal_H is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
nct , scam

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Email from someone who wants to buy my car - opinions please Unkle Munkle Alfa 164 & 166 38 27-03-11 19:37

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome