odd encounter - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 19-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Meath
odd encounter

I currently have a 07 GT jdtm and while I love it I'm always keeping an eye out for something else. Nearly bought a 2.4 159 Ti a short while back but it had a smack on the front passenger side and the subframe replaced. Just wasn't happy with it. Happened to noticed this and thought it was worth a look. Dropped out today at lunch with a work pal and she looks great, not a mark. Salesman eventually arrived over and I told I was interested in the Spider. He didn't seem that interested and after a couple of questions about the boot and golf clubs he wandered off. He came back and I asked if I could take it for a spin and after a bit of messing about she was outside and ready to go. Was just about to get in when I asked was he interested in looking at mine. Converstaion went something like this.

him: What is it?

me: 07 Alfa Romeo Gt

him: Not sure if I'd be interested, what type is it? Bera?

me: No, it's a GT

him: What body type is it and how much is it worth to you?

me: 4 seater coupe, I was offered 13k a short while back

him: Not really interested not worth much to me, couldn't do anything with it.

Me: Ok then, not much point in me taking the Spider for a spin then

him: Suppose not

Work pal and myself left in shock, not really sure what happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

mate i have dealt with more secondhand dealers who have no right to be selling cars, its unbelievable alright
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow

Member car:

Giulia TI

That place used to be a Honda dealership if i remember. I wonder why he lost the franchise?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Shocking alright. The attitude of that salesman is ridiculous. They say about their business: "Ease of access,ample parking,unrivalled & relaxed test drive facilities as well as an emphasis on personal attention are a given."

Yeah sure
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_lezerby View Post
That place used to be a Honda dealership if i remember. I wonder why he lost the franchise?
I know that place alright, in fact I think my Dad knows the guy. They were a Honda dealer until they refused to to upgrade their showroom.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
I know that place alright, in fact I think my Dad knows the guy. They were a Honda dealer until they refused to to upgrade their showroom.
Possibly a wise move in fairness. I think a lot of the main dealers are under big pressure after updating theirs.

Re this experience it sounds like he's been driving it and just doesn't want to sell it?
Damien_C

Seems to me that this is par for the course. And if he was a proper sales person he wouldn't care if he was driving the car most sales people in the car industry enjoy their own cars that they buy with their money but not the dealerships cars they get to move about in as it's not their cash. And he would be getting a commission on the car too if he sold it. I'd just say he was another uninterested sales man in the Gt as he clearly didn't know what the car was or worth when asking Donal the above questions.

AO Member

County: Clare

Member car:

White 2.0ltr 155

none of what you have all said does not surprise me, to be honest i am finding more and more dealers and garage mechanics and garage counter people and parts counter people to be acting like real plebs!

I absolute ****** hate it, i walked into a parts shop today that i had high hopes for and upon asking for a set of spark plugs for a 155, he replied "you do realise it has 8 spark plugs" i felt like saying do i have dumbass written on my forehead, then proceeded to take the **** by giving me the price, i've been in a nasty mood all day because of him!

Apparently NOT the only White 155 in Ireland, If I find you I will shoot you!
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Did you buy the sparks , If your going to adare I can get a set of 8 for you , I usually get Denso for mine and have had no problems at all . let me know and i will get a price for you ok
AO Member

County: Clare

Member car:

White 2.0ltr 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Did you buy the sparks , If your going to adare I can get a set of 8 for you , I usually get Denso for mine and have had no problems at all . let me know and i will get a price for you ok
well i was waiting till the adare show just in case there was something better, are you using the new iridium power ones? to be honest i'm used to and have been quoted between 15 and 20 euro's a plug which is what i'm expecting to pay as i'm looking towards more performance and power so yeah if thats the plugs your using get me a price.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Dont think their iridium ones , but more power ? how much do you think you will get from iridium ones and have they ever being tested independantly ? will check the price and PM you if youre interested I can have them in Adare ok !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
encounter , odd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page