Buddy selling a Nuvola 166 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Damien_C

Buddy selling a Nuvola 166

One of the lads sisters is selling her 166 as it is costing her to much to run as she is unemployed at the moment will eb going through the NCT at the weekend. I will let ye know more when I am back from holidays nice clean car and has been minded.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Dublin
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
One of the lads sisters is selling her 166 as it is costing her to much to run as she is unemployed at the moment will eb going through the NCT at the weekend. I will let ye know more when I am back from holidays nice clean car and has been minded.
Must be a T-Spark if you're not interested?
mo4
AO Member

County: -
Is it this one?

Alfa Romeo 166 for sale in Tipperary : €4,700 - DoneDeal.ie

Damien you should have a quiet word with her about the second hand value of 166s, or else she'll have it forever.
Damien_C

It's her car to sell not mine. I said I'd put it up here to help the girl sell it thinking that someone might like the car it has been minded very well and is a clean 166.

Last edited by paintergirl; 19-07-11 at 15:53. Reason: Edited as per PM

AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Damo that was worded in a friendly manner.
It might be shade rich alright...
AO Member

County: Tipperary
Lads, if i think back to when I bought my 2.0 litre in 2004, it was a 2000 model with 60k on the clock, it cost me 11,500 euro and then a bit more to put right, people thought I was mad and saying don't touch an alfa. This ladies car is a 2003 model with low mileage in my opinion and what looks like decent condition judging by the pictures. Do any of you remember what these cars cost new?? I currently have 230000 miles on my twinnie so in some ways I think I got a bargain when I consider what 5 series/E class were making at the time, plus mine is still driving as good as new. She also states she is open to offers, i'd nearly buy it only I don't have room. My twinnie has been so reliable and if that ladys car is anything like mine, it has a long life ahead of it provided it is looked after, these are good cars and on the continent they are making much more.
wiseguy

All good points but we're in cash-strapped, f**ked up Ireland where a lot of people are getting out of high tax, high consumption cars like this lady.

You can put a value on something which you will always find ways to justify. But at the end of day, if you're in situation where you NEED to sell, the price has to be realistic. And let's face it, there's a small pool of buyers for 5k Alfas...

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
All good points but we're in cash-strapped, f**ked up Ireland where a lot of people are getting out of high tax, high consumption cars like this lady.

You can put a value on something which you will always find ways to justify. But at the end of day, if you're in situation where you NEED to sell, the price has to be realistic. And let's face it, there's a small pool of buyers for 5k Alfas...
Hey, your right, don't mind me, I had way too much wine in me when I was posting that, not to mention on a monday night. I forgot I was in this messed up country
AO Silver Member

County: Galway
Good luck to her is all i can say, it is a really clean example however and i hope she gets exactly what she needs from the sale
However, Wiseguy is right. A 5k Alfa is roughly going to be a higher performance one so her chances at selling at that price will be pretty slim even if open to offers.
Take this 166 for example;
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2312524
its fairly immaculate, has less mileage, FSH but yes it is 2 years older but is more powerful than the lady's 166 and is nearly 3k less.
For her price you could buy this:
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2348459
Or for this, much cheaper running costs
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2239592

Again though good luck and i mean it in a non-smartass way.

Last edited by bear1; 19-07-11 at 09:13.
AO Silver Member

County: Cork
It's hard to put a price on the 166.. They are still making good money in UK (autotrader) and if you were to bring a good one in to Irelan the VRT would bring it up to that figure-ish IMO

I sold a 156 at the start of the year. When the ad went on donedeal I had it for sale at a high-ish figure. Got no calls. As I 'tuned' the price down every few days the calls increased until it sold. I guess this lady may do the same. I wish her the best.

BTW Haven't seen the car nor don't know the seller.

County: Cork
Garage
Still no harm in asking a high price first especially on a rare colour 166 like that & dropping the price later if there is no interest, some people are still willing to pay a premium for something a little bit different/special even in the current economy & it's worth at least trying to find someone willing to do that

Imagine if the car sold in a few days, I bet you'd be sorry you didn't price it a bit higher then especially if you weren't in a huge hurry to sell it
Damien_C

Right I'm locking this as I thought people on here would be more interested in a rare car than just moan and complain about a price of a car. As Cathal said you will get the money for the car if it's clean which this is. I know I overpaid for my 156 but it is clean so I paid it. And if people find me embarassing send me a pm.

Damien_C

I said I would re open this.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Time to get my popcorn ?
AO Silver Member

Quote:
I said I would re open this.
Power to the people....top man Damien......
AO Gold Member

County: Carlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
Time to get my popcorn ?
....and coffee..You're buying..
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow

Member car:

Giulia TI

Good man Damo.
Damien_C

Yeh, sorry for locking it. I may have made a rash decision sometimes I am like that but hey it's the way I am and that's it. I only posted it here to let people know about that was all.

AO Silver Member

tis fairly expensive though i think we should discuss that in greater detail

What do you lads think??

AO Member

County: Kildare
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
Good luck to her is all i can say, it is a really clean example however and i hope she gets exactly what she needs from the sale
However, Wiseguy is right. A 5k Alfa is roughly going to be a higher performance one so her chances at selling at that price will be pretty slim even if open to offers.
Take this 166 for example;
Alfa romeo 166 for sale in Dublin : €1,999 - DoneDeal.ie
its fairly immaculate, has less mileage, FSH but yes it is 2 years older but is more powerful than the lady's 166 and is nearly 3k less.

Again though good luck and i mean it in a non-smartass way.
I have actually went to take a look at the black one yesterday.
Not bad but has a quite significant power loss in my opinion, no sunroof and the gearbox is not shifting right especially in SPORT, keeps the gear up in high revs for almost 10 seconds before shifting. For the money that was put into her it could've been much better. Although has better/stiffer suspension than mine and nice alloys.

ref. Damien C

I think it's to pricey the nuvola and I don't think anyone is trying to judge your friend here, people are just trying to be realistic. Let's not forget that people tend to price things also on the basis what the thing means to them and not always on the market price. I would definitely price my car more than I bought it for simply because I love it and others I have seen lately are not standing up to it (personal, subjective feeling, no offence to anyone). Bear in mind that I paid 2950 for 26k miler with 195.6 BHP, 18 months ago.
And the other thing, I think that discussing the prices on the market on this forum is the right place to do it!

Peace, love and Alfa Romeo! ;-)
AO Silver Member

could it be a MAF problem? with regards to the gear change, do you think that the auto box needs to be changed? or are the ratios screwed up?
AO Member

County: Kildare
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
could it be a MAF problem? with regards to the gear change, do you think that the auto box needs to be changed? or are the ratios screwed up?
It could be the MAF all right because there's loads of oil on the air filter box, it's dripping through the air flow tube. I think he might be doing only short trips. However it's a bit too much of oil there. The gearbox might be on it's way out although I'm not an expert! There's no jerks and I think it shifts ok in low revs but in high revs, first there's no power, seems that revs are stopping at certain level and not going further and when they do it keeps it in 5500-6000 rpm for almost 10 second before changing gear. So it's a NO for me I guess.

Any tips on my own issue? In chat thread?
AO Silver Member

ill head over to the chat thread...
AO Member

Member car:

916 Spider

Quote:
Yeh, sorry for locking it. I may have made a rash decision sometimes I am like that but hey it's the way I am and that's it. I only posted it here to let people know about that was all.
Well done Damo, I have to admit I thought locking it was a bit ott and it takes a bigger man to admit he may have made a mistake.....
AO Silver Member

Group hug!!!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
166 , buddy , nuvola , selling

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page