Spin in the Guilietta - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 30-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Spin in the Guilietta

So finally got to take my dads new Guilietta for a spin the other day, had to take it back to tractamotors to get them to flash the blue&me to work with the iPods, of course they then tell me that its not a do while you wait job and it would have to be booked into the garage, so home i went..
but anyway. wat a car such a smile on my face driving it, and my first turbo as well.

so i get on the M50 at Clare Hall and motor on out, and as they do everyone in front of me was doing 30 under the limit.... on a 3 lane motorway.. i sitting there and i says to myself .. self **** this and decided to overtake them. sitting at about 70 .. foot down in 5th gear and away i went.
next thing i see a Celica done up to the 9's up my trumpet.. lol im not havin any of this. foot went deeper into the carpet. next thing i look in the mirror and he is getting further and further away. he must have been thinking to himself WTF!. those things are like 130 - 160 bhp out of a 1.8 depending if you get the standard one of the "sport". lol then i looked down and i see the speedo at 180kph as im still overtaking that row of cars. anyway i pulled in and slowed down. then the celica comes screaming by

what a drive though.

deiced to take the back road by ashboure home again. hit the top of the road at the back of blanch, the road is 80kph and nice and twisty. and theres a truck in front of me the whole way doing 30... i was ****ed off. and couldn't overtake him cos there were no places to do so and there were cars coming the other way on a country road.

only things i dont like about the car. the start stop thing is very disconcerting, and there is no foot rest for your left foot, pulled the pedal rubber off like 3 times that day. and that arm rest is just a pain in the ****.

anyway ..... i want one now
but 28k

anyone got a loan of a bit of cash ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

I was a passenger in the 1.4 torbo, I think thats the same as your own, I have to say from the front its a total minger but the drive quality is hard to beat for a 1.4, seriously quick and the handling is frightening, the speed you can take roundabouts at for a front wheel drive is scary
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 30-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa155 TS View Post
I was a passenger in the 1.4 torbo, I think thats the same as your own, I have to say from the front its a total minger but the drive quality is hard to beat for a 1.4, seriously quick and the handling is frightening, the speed you can take roundabouts at for a front wheel drive is scary
donno i like the front end tbh. its different, but it is a bit like the Mito there.

and quick .
looking into it and im prety sure that Alfa make the most powerful fwd cars in production or atleast use to. with the 147 GTA Autodelta putting out 400+ the closest to that is the Focus 500 with 350.
so 170 for a 1.4. i dont think there is anything else close to that at the mo.

Alfa are just nuts. thats one of the reasons why i love em

maybe its just me, but i do find the car is very big. and you sit quit high, but then again im use to driving my own car where i sit on the floor

but the power for the 1.4 its not even that you notice it. its just so progressive. one min your doing40 next your doing 100 and you dont even notice it. not even much in the way of engine noise.

and have to say. i love the little hissss from the turbos dump valve. its very quiet
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

you will find the drivers position of the Alfas is a million times better than any jap import, they tend to be too close to the floor but Alfa driving positions are so good
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 30-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa155 TS View Post
you will find the drivers position of the Alfas is a million times better than any jap import, they tend to be too close to the floor but Alfa driving positions are so good
totally agree man.
every alfa we ever had was amazing to be in. though this one needs a bit of waring in, kinda hard seats at the mo. lol

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
guilietta , spin

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page