Giulietta power - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 03-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Giulietta power

just getting out of the car this morning after buying the mothers day stuff.. like im sure allot of you are. lol

and i was thinking. the new Giulietta we have (1.4 turbo - 170 bhp) how easy would it be to get it over 200bhp... i reckon it would be very easy and cheap to do so.

think about it. most other cars past and present of that kind of bhp (160 ish from new) Toyota Levin, Honda civic type R. etc etc etc. are all n/a cars and to get higher will usually mean alot of money on engine mods and/or exhaust mods and so on.
but this alfa. is already turbod, and it hase nothing you would class as performance parts.

so i was thinking, even putting a front mounted intercooler on it would make a massive difference (it doesnt have an intercooler that i can see)

and even if you take some of the cars that are already turbod that are about the same engine size (Toyota Galanza --- hate them) its still no where near that bhp from standard, so that means alot more money to get it higher.

so i was thinking the FMI + Filters + cold air feed would get you very very close to the 200bhp mark, and wouldn't cost much more than 300 there about.

and then if oyu go bigger turbo and re-map (should cost about the same as getting the levin's and civic's to 200) you will prob not be that far off 250..

thats just epic to think of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: Cork
Garage
Don't know if you've seen it or not but this might be of interest Tuning & Upgrades - Alfa Romeo Forum
AO Member

County: Attica
Go check my "tuning guide for giulietta QV (and not only)" in this forum (I am on my mobile so it's not easy to link) and your questions will be solved, but briefly to answer here to your questions: It has an intercooler OFCOURSE. It can get above 200 hp (barely) with program, intake and exhaust (that is way way above 300 in costs). You are dreaming about the 250 hp my friend cause unfortunatly this car only in dreams can reach that hp without changing the turbine and possibly more things IN the engine (don't even ask the costs for that). If you really want details read my guide and feel free to ask me any more questions you might have I 'd be happy to help.
Damien_C

What the man above all said is true. They have a side mount intercooler not a Front mount like most but a side mount intercooler.

And the problem with the complex multi air ECU mapping I'd say it wouldn't be easy. As was said you would need proper big turbo and maybe getting the internals done on it and support fueling etc.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
giulietta , power

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page