Oil pressure sensor - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 31-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Oil pressure sensor

Right so my 147 sagga continues im now on chapter 4, as some of you might remember ive been have reliability trouble with my 04 147 which only has 39k on clock and well looked after by the way - i had to get a new clutch, gearbox and most recently new power steering pipes.

Last saturday we had some good weather so i decided to clean, wax had hoover her as she was looking a bit grubby from the bad weather. got her sparkling again as usuall and then went to routinely check the engine oil and right enough she was a bit down ( well above the min mark though) so i decided to jump in and give it a spin down to get some oil to top her up as usuall. However when i started it up i got a message saying "low engine oil pressure". Immediatly i stopped the engine and took my mothers car (a 156 ) to get the oil. Any way topped it up to max mark. And still getting message, as i knew there was plenty of oil in at this stage i took it for a spin, cautiously and have to problems what so ever, no unusual noises, nothing its running perfectly but still get this message. I have it booked in with bohernabreena motors, again for monday who thinks it could be the sensor. Any ideas - thanks for reading my essay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 7 Old 31-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Sorry ment to say no problems not to problems. Typing from my iphone

Im starting to think it is an electrical problem as 9 times out of 10 it also brings up a message saying the "rear hatch is open" and clearly its not. I reshut it to check but they still appear.

Also had a check in the 147 lounge however all of the threads there had underlying problems and as said before i havn't. There was one thread i read which seems to relate to me. he had no problems before either got his sensor replaced and he had no problems since. Heres hoping so

Last edited by ciarant; 31-03-11 at 13:41.
mo4
AO Member

County: -
The boot open warning can be caused by problems with the wiring where it enters the bootlid from the body. Fairly common from what I've read, with many makes of car.

WRT the oil pressure warning - if there was genuinely no oil pressure the engine would only last a couple of miles before you'd be greeted by banging noises.

I wouldn;t drive it AT ALL until you know for sure.
propellorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo4 View Post

I wouldn;t drive it AT ALL until you know for sure.
+1 or you could have a shiny new engine to go with your new gearbox

AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

Hi Ciaran as Im sure you have found out the hard way by now Alfa electronics can be dodgy, the light in my 155 warning oil level is low was constantlyon even though there was plenty of oil in it. My remedy was to remove the sesnors lights console and remove completly the led. That solved my problem necause the light has never come on since
Seriously though am I right in saying low engine oil pressure would cause other symptoms and even the engine management light to come on also? Have you checked under the sump or your driveway for sign of an oil leak. Whats rpm did you bring the engine to when you drove her "cautiously"

Dont bend the rules, Rule the bends
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 03-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Under the car is bone dry. The engine management light never came on either, i drove normaly, just kept a eye out for any noises etc which didnt happen thank god. Still havnt driven it since though incase, till i get it checked tomorrow. Will let you know then, thanks
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 10-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Sorry for delay in replying. Turns out it needed a pressure switch just €20 so i also got it serviced as it was due one in a couple of weeks. Happy ending until i begin my next chapter.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
oil , pressure , sensor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page