Place in Cork to fix - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Place in Cork to fix

The bent right front wheel on the 156?

Damien.
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,419
Haven't used anyone here tbh. A google search shows up a few local places but you probably want a recommended place. I'll ask the father later where he got his wheels done last year. It was up the county afaik.

Some of the BMW and boards.ie forums recommended some local lad called "Leo Wilson" or something like that...

EDIT. How thick am I? I got a wheel on the 156 fixed 4 years ago by a crowd in Middleton. Cant remeber the name. My boss knows the owner. I'll ask him in the morning.
Cathal_H is offline  
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Yeh, I had a search too and he came up but I'd rather get it done by someone who knows their work.
 
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,419
I'll get that Middleton crowd name in the morning. They were able to weld aluminium as well. The wheel was perfect afterwards and the weights after balancing were normal values.
Cathal_H is offline  
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Excellent thanks for that man
 
Status: Giggity Giggity...... Giggitygoo
AO Silver Member
 
Alfa155 TS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 3,230

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

you crashing into kerbs again Damo?
Alfa155 TS is offline  
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Nah the high quality road network we have here hit one at night didn't see it due to the **** lights on the 156.
 
Status: Giggity Giggity...... Giggitygoo
AO Silver Member
 
Alfa155 TS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 3,230

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

tch of course it was the roads fault, I should have known.........
Alfa155 TS is offline  
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Jesus get you all high mighty
 
Status: Smells of Eue De Autoglym
AO Gold Member
 
GTV Gav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Kildare
Posts: 6,738

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Ah, sorry to hear that Damo, I thought you were fixing the damage from the meet!
GTV Gav is offline  
Status: D'ya know how much rage I have in me!?
AO Silver Member
 
Mysterio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 4,623

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Damo, if ye're working around Portlaoise most of the time, I'd suggest that you take the wheel off the 156 and drop it in Bray at Colin's Engineering (We fix alloy wheels), heard good things about them always.
Mysterio is offline  
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Nah it was fine from the Meet was another time. Nice one lads but Cork is where I am going to get it done as I can't be bothered bringing it up the country.
 
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,868
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
Nah the high quality road network we have here hit one at night didn't see it due to the **** lights on the 156.
Have you tried the cheap Xenon alternative?
+100% brightness bulbs same power so no need for relays etc...

About €25 will get you a pair and I think they're well worth it...
Mufasa is offline  
Status: D'ya know how much rage I have in me!?
AO Silver Member
 
Mysterio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 4,623

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarsbaby View Post
Have you tried the cheap Xenon alternative?
+100% brightness bulbs same power so no need for relays etc...

About €25 will get you a pair and I think they're well worth it...
They're ****e.. bought a pair of Phillips xenon ultimate etc.. and it makes no difference compared to a bulb H7 from Tesco's.. Only the colour of the light is a bit different.

The headlights on the 156 are useless, and I think the next upgrade is a set of HIDs.
Mysterio is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,868
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
They're ****e.. bought a pair of Phillips xenon ultimate etc.. and it makes no difference compared to a bulb H7 from Tesco's.. Only the colour of the light is a bit different.

The headlights on the 156 are useless, and I think the next upgrade is a set of HIDs.
I beg to differ young man.
I put the Halford's +90% in my 166 and Brown Sud.
Made a massive difference in the Sud and the 166 is better now IMO.
Put +100% from local motor factors in wife's 97 Primera and also better.
You reckon the light is just whiter and not brighter?

PS I'll still buy you coffee...
Mufasa is offline  
Status: D'ya know how much rage I have in me!?
AO Silver Member
 
Mysterio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 4,623

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarsbaby View Post
I beg to differ young man.
I put the Halford's +90% in my 166 and Brown Sud.
Made a massive difference in the Sud and the 166 is better now IMO.
Put +100% from local motor factors in wife's 97 Primera and also better.
You reckon the light is just whiter and not brighter?

PS I'll still buy you coffee...
The 166 have great headlights. Got to drive Dermo's 166 a while back, and was very impressed with them, compared to the 156. The phillips ones I bought are crap anyway. Before I had the Osrams nightbreakers and found those to make a difference compared to normal bulbs.
And yes, the light is just brighter (blueish light) compared to a yellowish light from a normal bulb.



Thanks for the coffee, see ya at the next meet then
Mysterio is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
kikih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 574
Damo, I've been getting mine straightened (on a regular basis ) by a lad in Kilmallock, I get you his number if you like.
kikih is offline  
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarsbaby View Post
Have you tried the cheap Xenon alternative?
+100% brightness bulbs same power so no need for relays etc...

About €25 will get you a pair and I think they're well worth it...
I'll get HID's for the 156 I think but they'll be 4300k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikih View Post
Damo, I've been getting mine straightened (on a regular basis ) by a lad in Kilmallock, I get you his number if you like.
Legend if you wouldn't mind
 
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,419
Hi Damien,

The company that fixed my Alloy wheels was as follows:

Company Innovative Total Solutions Limited
Contact Daniel Buckley
Address Unit 1 Europa Enterprise Centre, Midleton, Co Cork
Telephone 021 4632000
Fax 021 4632006

The guy I was dealing with was Martin Buckley....

Cheers,
Cathal
Cathal_H is offline  
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cheers buddy
 
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
The 166 have great headlights. Got to drive Dermo's 166 a while back, and was very impressed with them, compared to the 156. The phillips ones I bought are crap anyway. Before I had the Osrams nightbreakers and found those to make a difference compared to normal bulbs.
And yes, the light is just brighter (blueish light) compared to a yellowish light from a normal bulb.



Thanks for the coffee, see ya at the next meet then
Sorry Rob but I have xenons in mine so they are not the standard lights which from all reports are ****e
Dermo is offline  
Status: Smells of Eue De Autoglym
AO Gold Member
 
GTV Gav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Kildare
Posts: 6,738

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

You should try the lights in a GTV!! I think a wino's nose would provide better luminosity!!!
GTV Gav is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
rlaffey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Galway
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
You should try the lights in a GTV!! I think a wino's nose would provide better luminosity!!!
I put HIDs in the dims in the GTV, excusing the pun it's like night and day

Will have to get another set for the heads. Have standard bi-xenons in the 520 and couldn't be without them now
rlaffey is offline  
Status: King of the Arcade
AO Silver Member
 
Alfa_Daryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,133

Member car:

BMW E92 320D

Some of the upmarket bulbs available for the dipped beams are good, stick with phillips or osram. The beam pattern though is dreadful and struggles in the NCT
Alfa_Daryl is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,868
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
You should try the lights in a GTV!! I think a wino's nose would provide better luminosity!!!
I hope you're not referring to Dermo!
Mufasa is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
cork , fix , place

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome