lowering kit for sale 147 / 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

propellorhead

lowering kit for sale 147 / 156

now then lads, I am looking to free up funds to spend on my 33 so I'm selling my lowering kit.

I bought this when I bought the 147 last year at the end of summer, the plan was to fit it around now in time for the summer. I'm going to sell the 147 just as soon as I can find a decent 156.

Its still in the box it came in tucked away in the spare room. I bought it on ebay from a crowd in germany for 250 euro with 12.50 p+p

It gives a 35mm drop on a 147, it would drop a 156 a bit more with the extra weight and suits all ts engined variants of the 2 models. diesels and v6's I wouldnt have a clue but I doubt they'd fit.

They are TUV approved and come with a technical sheet and some smart stickers.

It consists of front and rear shocks in yellow and springs in red.

I'll stick some pics up tomorrow as the babbas asleep next to the spare room. any questions just ask

As I said they cost me 250 and I'm open to offers If your intrested just pm me what you want to pay for em. Also if you have 33 parts and want this kit get in touch.

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Damien_C

Would you believe the 156 is lighter than a 147 due to the back end having a heavier sub frame. What make are the Springs man?

propellorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
Would you believe the 156 is lighter than a 147 due to the back end having a heavier sub frame. What make are the Springs man?
bugger me, had no clue it was lighter than a 147 the springs (and shocks) arent a name brand like koni or anything, not sure what they are tbh I'll go have a look and take some pics.

back in a tick.

propellorhead

just went into the spare room and thought where is my lowering kit!! I forgot I'd moved it into the loft before christmas

anyway heres some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01032011051.jpg (85.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 01032011052.jpg (74.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 01032011053.jpg (47.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 01032011054.jpg (85.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 01032011055.jpg (87.3 KB, 2 views)

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
The 5 door 147 is heavier, the 3 door is pretty much the same weight.
Damien_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationAlfa View Post
The 5 door 147 is heavier, the 3 door is pretty much the same weight.
Ohh errr

Nice one PH man, I'll have a snoop round the forums there.

propellorhead

SOLD!! to a man in a soon to be lowered alfa...

AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow

Member car:

Giulia TI

Hey prop. Will you ask your man what they were like? Wouldn't mind getting a set if they were any use.
propellorhead

aye I'll send him a message bat, would be intrested to know myself tbh, was sad to see em go but I needed parts money for the 33

AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow

Member car:

Giulia TI

Did you hear anything from your man?
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156

I would be worried about these. The weight difference between a 1.6 version and V6 or 5 cyl diesel cant be covered by one set of shocks & springs. There is a major compromise there somewhere.

When picking lowering springs for my car, you had a choice of 4 cyl models or 6 cyl models. The heavier ones would need stiffer front springs. I looked at this kit and ignored it on those grounds. For the extra money, they seemed like good value to get a new set of shocks, but they just couldnt be right.
propellorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf_cole View Post
I would be worried about these. The weight difference between a 1.6 version and V6 or 5 cyl diesel cant be covered by one set of shocks & springs. There is a major compromise there somewhere.

When picking lowering springs for my car, you had a choice of 4 cyl models or 6 cyl models. The heavier ones would need stiffer front springs. I looked at this kit and ignored it on those grounds. For the extra money, they seemed like good value to get a new set of shocks, but they just couldnt be right.
I used the email seller thing on ebay to ask him at the time, and they came with a handy sheet detailing all the technical specs.
They were for ts engined variants of the 147 / 156 so would be suitable for your motor. Like you say it would give more of a drop on the front in a V6 or sludge burner, thats why I moved them on when I bought the JTD
Not sure how the buyer got on with them tbh, but like I said they are german made and so will be of a certain standard I think. Not the best, but then you'd pay 1500 quid for a set of top notch coilovers

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
147 , 156 , kit , lowering , sale

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page