Got My 156 - Thanks For Help Guys - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 27-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Well Happy Got My 156 - Thanks For Help Guys

Hia Guys,

Well, after much hunting, many phone calls and thinking, OMG, I am never gonna find a decent car, I bought one this week to replace my poor old written off 156. Taken me 3 months and much looking and searching.

I got a 156, 2lt JTS Lusso sport. 17' wheels, leather, ASR etc 2002. All leather interior 87K on the clock, FSH and been well looked after, bodywork is immaculate, engine looks good, all electrics are working [miracle lol] 3 owners. 2002-2005 2005-2009 2009-Me. From 2005 onwards was owned by first father and then his son. [Father must be pretty old as son was 60ish] Really nice old guy, v v helpful and v open! Father had spent quite a bit on the car having the usual done and it had sailed last 2 NCT's.

Have a few questions, am used to my 156 1.8TS. I love driving her with the ASR off, significantly more fun driving, although keeping ASR on when wife is in the car I think!

Engine has lovely deep sound compared to 1.8. Now, is there anything I need to watch for? I know after 6 years of 156 ownership the usual, I was wondering if there is anything with this compared to the 1.8?

The engine seems noisier, although very quiet when driving, pulls amazingly, ticks over lovely sitting at just the right revs. Gonna have it fully serviced this week. [Just to be safe]

So, basically anything I need to watch for?

Cheers and also thanks for the posts and help prior to getting this. Will be attending meetings and finding nearest members soon Mind you not sure how many there are around Mayo lol.....

Shaun

--------
No friend ever helped me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full. Lucius Cornelius Sulla
--------
Life is a strange thing - just when you think you learned how to use it - it's gone
--------
'How lucky you English are to find the toilet so amusing. For we Germans, it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is the basis of an entire culture. Red Baron from Black Adder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Great to hear Shaun

County: Cork
Garage
Congrats on the new car, sounds like it was worth the wait
propellorhead

congrats dude!!, Glad you finally found the right car JTS aswell its new alfas all round this weekend!

PICS!!

(Post Link) post #5 of 13 Old 27-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Well Happy

Hi Guys,

Many thanks, TBH I kind of took my old Alfa for granted, never occurred to me how hard it would be to find a replacement!

Its a beauty, will post some pics when I get a chance, 2 teenage sons, 1 leaving cert age, so much dads taxiing going on lol.

I already know it uses slightly more oil than the 1.8, but every Alfa seems to be on its own when it comes to oil usage.

Any tips or help on idiosyncrasies of the JTS 2lt would be very welcome. [have already found the info screen fading as she gets warmer, man the Italians must put a lot of thought into how to make them interesting while failing lol]

It does seem a little noisier on tick over, but sits perfectly at the right revs and temp, pulls beautifully and with ASR off is simply amazing, although can see the benefits of driving with it on lol.

Cheers and big thanks - Shaun

Killkelly Mayo
AO Silver Member

County: Cork
Congrats and well wear!
wiseguy

Well wear Shaun, sounds like you got a good one.
Planning to look at a JTS next weekend myself.

Damien_C

Congrats man glad you got it all sorted after all the hassle.

(Post Link) post #9 of 13 Old 27-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Well Happy

Hia Guys,

So am I lol, has seemed a LONG 3 months since I wrote the old one off. Insurance really were surprisingly fast and flexible! A word of advice, haggle with the insurance assessors!

Am well chuffed TBH, I have a bulb gone in the top brake light cluster [Parcel shelf level] Any ideas on how to replace a bulb? Bet its the whole bloody thing?

Actually, was just thinking, Killkelly is such a tiny place, but we have 3 Alfas, a 2007 Brera [3.5lt] Mine 2lt JTS 156 and a 2001 147. Now driving the Mayo roads its pretty unusual to see other Alfas, enough so that you make a note of it mentally. yet in this wee place we have 3.

Will be happy when get it serviced, TB was changed at 77K.

When are the meets and stuff for this area or is it just watch here for notices? I am usually a member of the AOC, do I have to join anything here?

Cheers - Shaun
AO Silver Member

County: Louth

Member car:

33 16v

Congrats on the new car

There's a meeting in Clare this weekend. Other than that its just keep an eye out for the next one, they tend to be all over the country rather than one area.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Great that you got a 156 , sounds to be a good one . The JTS is not a bad engine at all , but I've never heard them being as thirsty for oil as the T-spark . Mine wasnt that thirsty at all but they (JTS) have a bit more torque than the TS which helps them pull away . I've had both and prefer the JTS to the TS...
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Congrats on the new car man now get some pics up

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
(Post Link) post #13 of 13 Old 01-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Crazed

His Guys,

Will get some pics up soonest, also will try and make Clare this weekend, but am having car serviced and not sure what taxi duties I have this weekend

Oh, any tips on changing brake light bulb in parcel-shelf cluster? Or is it simply a replace the whole thing?

Cheers - Shaun

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
156 , guys

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page