The BMW Indicator question. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 20 Old 14-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Cork
Boxing The BMW Indicator question.

I would like to set the record straight about our German counterparts.

I test drove, ahem, a 520d last weekend and the indictors DO work on these cars. The stalk it a little small so I guess if you have short limbs you may not reach the stalk. Might explain the phenomenon??

Well that's it really.

Cheers
Cathal.

PS I was so glad to get back behind the the wheel of my Alfa!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Garage

Planning to test anymore cars to see if the indicators work
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

I thought BMW, Merc and taxi drivers don't need to indicate if they just drift slowly from lane to lane, I just assumed it was in the rules of the road or something....
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
and the Avensis drivers! don't forget the Avensis drivers!
AO Silver Member

County: Galway
Hey!! I used to own an Avensis! hold on a second im writing this from my phone and theres a guy flashing me like mad! i dont get it?? i am in the right hand lane so whats the prob?!
AO Gold Member

County: Lincolnshire
Volvo drives .............

I ws behind one last night and he was going past a car on the fast lane of a duel and this volo drive pulled out in front of me to over take a 70mph car..............at 70.1mph.................i gave him a sec to sort himself out, 10sec nothing............so went right up his **** to just come on mate use your head!! Anyway he moved out my way.............no grief by the way by any of us just a gentle come on please move.....

I pulled in the the left lane and carried on,............30secs later he belted past me shifted into my lane and turned off..............me and my mate just thougth what the hell.

Anyway also went to look at BMWs tday.................walked out and words were expensive fords
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

The only indicator in a BMW is that there's usually a stalk driving them .. and dont forget Passatt drivers as well . It would be hard for them to indicate as they would have to put down their mobile home , take their Topaz ham roll out of their mouth , while trying to take their suit Jacket off
AO Silver Member

Member car:

BMW E92 320D

Was driving a bluemotion 2011 1.6TDI Passat for the weekend (rental). Handles like a ship, fine cruiser but wayy too soft for my liking.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Blue *spit* motion .. drove one a few weeks ago , there ok but the rear leaves them down , the front I like , nice angles on the lights . But this start stop feature would drive me mad . It was ok but lacked oomph tbh
AO Silver Member

Member car:

BMW E92 320D

ya, wanted to pull the handbrake for one bend on a tight hairpin, then realised difficult/impossible with it's button. I got used to the auto handbrake quick enough though, handy enough at times.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

I thought it juddered when you took off after the autohandbrake was on , just thought it took a millisecond longer than it should and would prefer the manual as the more electric wizadry the more can go wrong .
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
I rented a passat too a few years ago, automatic 1.9 tdi, and I stalled it at a traffic light. Again, it was an automatic. Never happened to my - also auto - 166
AO Member

Member car:

Octavia vRS tsi

Majority of BMW drivers suffer from short stalks
AO Member

AO Member

County: Leitrim
Did the BMW have the tail gate feature? You know the thing that automatically keeps you sitting 1 meter from the rear bumper from the car in front? I hear that is an optional extra if you don't plump for for the indicator pack.

The one fun thing about the snow we had before and around Christmas was watching bmw's and mercs do a motoring equivalent of bambi on ice.
AO Member

and the optional never break down pack! even though I dont think many were fitted with that option!!
(Post Link) post #17 of 20 Old 15-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

One final point is after the test drive I put the keys of the 520 in my pocket. Did they spike my leg and draw blood? No. Did they burn my pants? No. Did they make a rude shape in my pocket? No.

So when you walk into a bar or restaurant do you see BMW keys up on tables in front of their owners?
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicreamio View Post
Did the BMW have the tail gate feature? You know the thing that automatically keeps you sitting 1 meter from the rear bumper from the car in front? I hear that is an optional extra if you don't plump for for the indicator pack.
Theres a new feature out now its an integrated preventative left lane drivability mechanism. BMW haven't released the precise technology on how it works, but it prevents the car from being driven on the left or (middle) lane on a dual carriage way or motorway ensuring the car will constantly remain on the overtaking lane. So that coupled with the tail gate feature it makes a super car.
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamj View Post
Theres a new feature out now its an integrated preventative left lane drivability mechanism. BMW haven't released the precise technology on how it works, but it prevents the car from being driven on the left or (middle) lane on a dual carriage way or motorway ensuring the car will constantly remain on the overtaking lane. So that coupled with the tail gate feature it makes a super car.
That came with the feature called auto-find bus lane because we all know they can just drive up them ironically with their indicators on so they can skip the traffic
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjet View Post
Majority of BMW drivers suffer from short stalks
love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherb View Post
One final point is after the test drive I put the keys of the 520 in my pocket. Did they spike my leg and draw blood? No. Did they burn my pants? No. Did they make a rude shape in my pocket? No.

So when you walk into a bar or restaurant do you see BMW keys up on tables in front of their owners?
It only seems that BMW owners are afflicted with the bulging burning pocket syndrome . Its amazing it doesnt happen to any other car owners

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
bmw , indicator , question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page