Intro And Car Wanted - Just wrote off beloved 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 03-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Well Happy Intro And Car Wanted - Just wrote off beloved 156

Hia Guys,

I have been using the forum for some time, but only just found this Irish part of the forum, big thanks to members for pointing me here.

So first off hi to everyone. I am a long term Alfa driver, having gone from Lancia [Intergrale] way back when to a beloved 156 now. Owned this Alfa for 8 yeatrs before writing it off last week. [See thread link]

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...ml#post3859182

I live in Mayo, so a bit out there lol

I am now looking or very soon will be for a decent lowish mileage 156 or 4 door 147 with FSH [1.8ltr at least] and a decent recommendation from the members here. [depending on what insurance I get - no idea how it works here in Ireland as am an Irish transplan, come back to my roots, but am assuming won't get too much for my pristine 01 - 1.8 156]

Bit if an Alfa nut, so any help in finding a new baby would be hugely welcome!

Cheers - Shaun

--------
No friend ever helped me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full. Lucius Cornelius Sulla
--------
Life is a strange thing - just when you think you learned how to use it - it's gone
--------
'How lucky you English are to find the toilet so amusing. For we Germans, it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is the basis of an entire culture. Red Baron from Black Adder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Damien_C

You won't get a 1.8 147 unfortunetly only 1.6 2l in the petrol and 1.9 8v and 16v in the diesels. Saw your accident glad you came out of it safe I know it's tough killing a car but cars can be replaced I have been there and done that so I know how it feels to prang one.

I don't know of any off the top of my head that people will be willing to part with. But I can always ask for you to see what is out there. But one thing I will say is that you will be there for a while looking for cars As Alfa's are reliatively cheap for the amount of car you get people seem to buy them just to drive them into the ground and therefore a lot out there are kinda **** It took me ages to find my car. And the same was said the last time I was looking for an alfa which was 3 years ago.

AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

keep an eye on here, octane and donedeal, if your patient you'll get a good one. As Damien said most 156s seem to have been neglected while in ownership so best of luck
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
It took me more than a year to find mine, and I ended up getting one from the UK. Once I got the one I wanted, in the last 2 years I get the cambelt, the suspension, the exhaust and other bits and bobs changed... It cost me a lot of money, but also gave me a lot of pleasure driving to Hungary (twice), on the Nürburgring and the Alps.
I agree with Damien, it's worth the wait for a good one.
Damien_C

There will always be a nice one to find. It takes time and do not loose face. Even I thought of throwing in the towl on certain occasions but held out in the end.

(Post Link) post #6 of 12 Old 03-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Warning

Thanks Guys,

I have the hire car from the insurance for some time, so am not in a burning hurry, but will be glad to have my butt firmly placed back in an Alfa.

I have one from Octane that was recommended and am waiting for reply on that. There will be some out there, I know there is one waiting for me ; )

Any I like or come across, that look possible, will post here and see if any of you have either: 1) come across seller/dealer or 2) come across car before.

At least after several years owning a 156, I know what to look for lol Always open to any pointers or known good-uns!

Cheers - S
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Hi Shaun,

Your Pm inbox is full
(Post Link) post #8 of 12 Old 06-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Hia Mate,

PM's cleared out ; )

Cheers - Shaun
AO Silver Member

County: Cork
Just read this thread and saw the picts... holy ****... we're a lucky man.

It looks like the 156 performed quite well in the bang though...

glad to hear you're ok....
(Post Link) post #10 of 12 Old 08-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Lick

Hia Guys,

Anyone know anything at all about this dealer/car?

Cheers - Shaun
Damien_C

I think you forgot the link man haha.

(Post Link) post #12 of 12 Old 09-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
156 , beloved , car , intro , wanted , wrote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page