ok the budget.... your thoughts? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 38 Old 07-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Galway
Drunk ok the budget.... your thoughts?

i didnt actually find it as bad as i was expecting.... thank God they left cigarettes and alcohol alone, they probably knew we would need them for the next yeats
heading out now to join to misery queue at the tesco petrol station in Waterford, and weve two cars that need filling, so im looking at a lovely bill of around 150e tonight only on fuel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Longford
not as bad as expected. But its a pretty damning statement on the current Government (which i voted for), that someone on €25k a year is proportionately worse off than some one on €175k a year!
They knew they couldn't really touch duty on alcohol & cigs as i reckon they reckon people would either just get them up North, or buy illegal ones.
Sadly they had to make cuts but i think its been ok, but then i don't have kids!
AO Member

if Alfa Romeo Ireland do a special deal on the Mito with scrappage there might be something it the budget for Alfisti, 4c on petrol is a joke.

County: Cork
Garage
Petrol had already gone up 3c here this morning so that's 7c in 24 hours
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Same happened here a few days ago, what a joke.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
i didnt actually find it as bad as i was expecting.... thank God they left cigarettes and alcohol alone, they probably knew we would need them for the next yeats
heading out now to join to misery queue at the tesco petrol station in Waterford, and weve two cars that need filling, so im looking at a lovely bill of around 150e tonight only on fuel

I think that is what they call "managing expectations", they let you think the sky was going to fall down but when it only started raining you thought you didn't get such a bad deal. They're a cunning lot those politicians
AO Silver Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Ouch....
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

159 3.2

Shocking there is zero in there in terms of ideas or stimulus. Cuts in expenditure are needed, but we only have a hope of acheiving the so called 4 year plan if significant GDP growth is attained. There is no chance of this happening with this budget.

Shocking that they don't have the balls to further cut public service pay (for those above a certain min level) when the employer is practically bankrupt. Fine Gael when elected will have to do this if there is any chance to avoiding default, thus becoming demons in their first year - a FF ploy by any chance....???

Shocking that children's allowance is still paid to the rich, yet poor families who rely on it, have to suffer a large reduction.

Shocking that top rate tax was not raised, or better, a third higher rate for over 100k.

1% on VAT I imagine would also have probably raised more than all the petty reductions to carers and elderly.

Can't help but think that the opportunity to be more bold was completely missed - FF know they are out in 3 months and could have done much more.

Now that I have that out of my system, let's get back to cars: anyone heard anything on road tax?

Garage
I got my road tax renewal in the post today so no increase for me

For now, not heard anything about any changes in the rates though.
Damien_C

FF are a bunch of uselss donkeys. I watched Sky news to hear the truth about the budget because RTE would only sugar coat it for all their posh D4 friends.

As you say Tim and as the professor of finance in Trinity said it is completely bonkers for anyone to think that our economy will grow with no new ideas for job creation within the budget he was saying that we could just end being in basically a visicious circle of downward trend.

Useless bunch of donkeys as I said.

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

I'm Changing the V6 to electric power
AO Silver Member

Member car:

BMW E92 320D

I think motor tax is remaining the same, instead they have obviously upped fuel costs. Not that bad a thing, it's the ppl driving a lot (I'm one of them) that get penalised more-so. Not surprised really with the changes except the manner they have gone about getting more from income tax.
AO Silver Member

I kind of got the impression Lenihan saw the budget for the first time himself when he was reading in the Dail. Was he too busy with the IMF last week to work on the budget?? It appeared that the budget details were prepared by his unqualified faceless highly over-paid civil servants and he 'just read it out aloud'.... [Can't find a numpty muppet smiley face to insert here]

Why cap salaries in the public sector to euro250,000??!!! We’re broke as a country. We can’t afford these salaries in the public sector. A cap of euro100,000 or euro80,000 would be more realistic. It’s not like these so called ‘highly skilled’ people will quit their coushy and walk into a job in the private sector.. they wouldn’t last a week as they would be expected to prove themselves and meet targets.

The lower paid sectors and state dependant people got some hammering.. bad form. very bad. It’s all very well cutting dole etc IF (big IF) the cost of living falls waaaaaaaaaay down too. That’s not happening. Lenihan was saying we’re back to 2007 living costs... rubbish. I’d like to see him fill a shopping trolley & pay an ESB bill with ~euro100.

The real scary thing there is no one in the Dail I would consider professional enough to lead a Government... who do we vote for now? Dustin the Turkey is looking like a good candidate again imo.
AO Member

Was watching this circus yesterday and to be honest they have some nerve saying the good job they done!!. On watching the rest of the parties I actually thought the only one's that talked clearly without trying to cover up and gloss over the whole thing was the sinn fein crowd. Atleast I could understand what was said no big fancy words that have a whole lot of meaning. But I thought it was gonna be worse. I suppose it means I loose €60 a week in direct taxes plus all the indirect one's aswell but there are alot of poor souls that are really really screwed I really do feel a pity on them I have been there I know what it is like and it aint pleasent but at least I knew no different at the time.
BTW I am not politicly minded atall i just stand back from it all to get a clear view and I can see alot of europe in this budget.
AO Member

County: Louth

Member car:

Alfa GT 1.8TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherb View Post
I kind of got the impression Lenihan saw the budget for the first time himself when he was reading in the Dail. Was he too busy with the IMF last week to work on the budget?? It appeared that the budget details were prepared by his unqualified faceless highly over-paid civil servants and he 'just read it out aloud'.... [Can't find a numpty muppet smiley face to insert here]

Why cap salaries in the public sector to euro250,000??!!! We’re broke as a country. We can’t afford these salaries in the public sector. A cap of euro100,000 or euro80,000 would be more realistic. It’s not like these so called ‘highly skilled’ people will quit their coushy and walk into a job in the private sector.. they wouldn’t last a week as they would be expected to prove themselves and meet targets.
I was shocked by an example of the inefficiency and, well, downright dishonesty in the public service last week.

A representative from a public service body rang looking for an invoice for December....."oh an could you also forward invoices for January, Febraury and March of next year so it can paid out of this years budget, it means we'll have a better budget next year". Dead pan, no shame. Unbelievable, you just wonder is there any accountability at all. Needless to say the invoices will not be fast tracked for this person or their department.
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droggiestyle147 View Post
I was shocked by an example of the inefficiency and, well, downright dishonesty in the public service last week.

A representative from a public service body rang looking for an invoice for December....."oh an could you also forward invoices for January, Febraury and March of next year so it can paid out of this years budget, it means we'll have a better budget next year". Dead pan, no shame. Unbelievable, you just wonder is there any accountability at all. Needless to say the invoices will not be fast tracked for this person or their department.
an email to Homepage of An Garda SÃ*ochána ???
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Sorry lads I think all of us are missing the big picture , most Politicians are corrupt and never ran a business in their lives so running a country , I dont really need to answer that do I? The crux of this matter is and was greed , not only by developers and all the rest . People took loans out for big cars big house etc , Did they think that the situation they were in was going to last for 20 years , 30 years etc , and if they sat back and thought for a moment who did they think was going to pay for their mistake's? Who? us bloody eejits that were cautious who didnt want to have the biggest car , biggest house , the 10 holidays a year , no us poor fookers that just wanted to provide for our families without living like lords . I've worked like alot of us for 30 odd years and never wanted to be rich but just wanted to live a "normal" life . No I'm paying for the "greedy" bastaurds who are now living in Spain laughung at us poor fooking eejits paying for their recklessness and greed ...

over

Run away with my wife kill my child but dont touch my car

CYCLISTS! THEY PAY NOTHING I TELL YA NOTHING
FRANKLY i DON'T GIVE A DAMN
IF THE ABS LIGHT IS ON ITS TOO LATE !
100% OF NON SMOKERS DIE TOO
(Post Link) post #19 of 38 Old 08-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

whos up for a trip down to leinster house with a few bombs? that in my opinion is the only way to start this country again weve gone through worse though, so we will have to stomach this for a few years and then hopefully everything will go back to the way it used to be, Irish bond rates have dropped aswell so its a start and the 12.5% rate is also beneficially for us. for all its worth... the EU can go fook themselves! they couldnt give a ****e about the people of this continent, all they want to do is figure out how to squeeze us even more into a "communistic" regime.. 2 votes for Lisbon which has anyone heard anything else about it or see any advantages from it? I havent, what ive seen is misery since that day, that bloody Euro can go fook itself aswell, poxy currency bring back the PUNT!!! devalue it and then the EU will see how competitive IRL is.
Sorry for the Rant aswell
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

There'll be two of us up in leinster house bear1 , now what we also need to do is wait till the frost is gone and drive our cars at max to leinster house , If we are gonig to be imprisioned the points we earn on the way to leinster house will be gone off our licences by the time we get out so happy days
(Post Link) post #21 of 38 Old 09-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
There'll be two of us up in leinster house bear1 , now what we also need to do is wait till the frost is gone and drive our cars at max to leinster house , If we are gonig to be imprisioned the points we earn on the way to leinster house will be gone off our licences by the time we get out so happy days
absolutley class! top man with that comment!
with the new motorway i can be in Dublin in about 1 hour with top speed! what a shower of useless bassterds though
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
There'll be two of us up in leinster house bear1
Wrong.. three.....
(Post Link) post #23 of 38 Old 09-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

lets see how many of us we can get to patrol up to Leinster house (i wont take the Alfa, dont want to get any damage from the blast wave on it)
AO Silver Member

Ah I'll bring the Alfa alright... I've all the 'Toxic Debt" stuff all over it...

.......... excuse very bad editing attempt, sorry. It's crap.... Geroge.. you might be able to do better? but you get the idea anyway...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toxic.JPG (66.6 KB, 2 views)
mo4
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim159 View Post
................ anyone heard anything on road tax?
It's in the carbon budget which was on the 11th Dec last year.
I fear that after not being allowed to increase taxes/duties on ciggies and drink, the government will hit us hard.
Worryingly it's also the last chance for the greens to change the world before they are shot to oblivion in the next election.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
budget , thoughts

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page