Top Gear Dublin Festival 2010 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 25-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Top Gear Dublin Festival 2010

I see the new Giulietta , Mito and 8c will all be at the Top Gear Festival in City West this weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Volvo 440

I'd love to see a new 8C in the flesh!
Will someone take it for a spin over to the pub and let me have a look at it?
Please
Damien_C

I have seen two black 8C's before and heard them mint If you wanna see the normal cars just go to Alasta autos by bath avenue lol.

(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 26-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Attended the Top Gear show today in City West, overall plenty to see and do and very well presented with huge crowds present bucking the recession. Interesting Show from an Alfa perspective, four Giulietta's on display outside in white, metallic wine, metallic dark grey and black, looked very well and made the Ford Focus's beside them look really dated, also three Abarths on display outside two 500's and a Punto Evo which I thought looked a bit special tbh.
Inside Alfa had a prominent display with a Red 8C which looks simply stunning from Mervyn Stewart Cars in Belfast, a Giulietta Cloverleaf in 8C red with charcol alloys (very nice!) and a 70's Spider. No Mito or 159 on display I would have both models need some promotion in Ireland.
The Giuleitta was also presented at the Live Show, Clarkson introduced it as "a cool car because it looks fantastic but it does not drive very well". Audience voted overwhelmingly that it was a cool car but Clarkson comments on how it drives where contary to most test reports I've read, will have to judge for myself with a test drive.
Top Gear Show worth a visit, make sure to take in the drifting which was great entertainment.
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

You were there before it was evacuated then!
Top Gear Festival - Chat & Pics - Octane.ie Forums
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 26-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Bit of an issue with an escalator meant an evacuation of main hall on the Health and Safety grounds which delayed the Show Gav. Bit of an inconvenience but there was plenty to see in the outside displays and shows while we were waiting. Disappointed there was no 159 1750 TBi on display, the 159 was never really promoted hard in Ireland imo.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
2010 , dublin , festival , gear , top

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page