I don,t believe it. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 23-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Tipperary
Hmmm I don,t believe it.

I,ve lost me baby. still in mourning. Got a new car on the scrppage deal with the local fiat dealer. said goodby and shed a tear. that was last month. Went out sunday for a quick run in the new fiat Panda. and what came and parked next to me was my baby. just as I had left her, not even had a wash. blue 00-C-22974 just in case the owner is a member. The reason I have a panda which I am not ashamed of is the cost of baby, we had to down size drasically something anyone with no family and plenty of money wo,nt know about. A very good deal. I,m glad she is running again but my concern is she was not 100pc safe. Yes she had just got the NCT for 2 years but that was trickery on my part I guess, althou I bought her from a good garage like that. The airbags were not working and the lights on the dash removed so the fault could not be seen. Tell me anyone does the scrappage deal mean a car is scrapped. I would like to make sure the new owner knows her problems which may have been corrected. she was only worth 500 euro so I was told. Hope this makes sence, just had to get it off my chest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa-less :-(

If I bought a car and the airbags didn't work. I'd certainly like to know.

You didn't tell the dealer as you thought it was to be scrapped, but then he sold it yeah?

Tell the dealer at least.
AO Member

County: Cork
Under the scrappage scheme the car has to be scrapped and cannot be sold, they cannot even break it for parts AFAIK. The garage probably gave a loan of it to someone while their car was being fixed.
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 23-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Tipperary
Thanks lads. I think the driver/new owner deserves a warning from me. I,d hate it if it were a death trap. I will pop into the garage in the morning. I just needed to hear that from someone else.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Has to be scapped . and not put on the road for whatever reason , even if it was a loan car

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
don

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page