Latest IMF Bailout - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 66 Old 21-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Carlow
Latest IMF Bailout

On the news now.... Looks like we're knackered...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Damien_C

Yep, it's been on the cards for a long time now we'd have been better off if we did it when Greece went kaput. Basically Ireland was played by Germany with them suggesting that the bank bailout was a good idea because they were the bond holders of the loans to the irish banks so goodbye ireland inc hello imf and no money for a long time.

AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Anyone wanna move in Australia ?
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
Congratulations, you all just became a citizen of a banana republic called Brokenistan. Twinned with Absurdistan formerly known as Hungary. (The IMF helped us out in the early 80's, we haven't even payed back the interest on it.)
AO Member

County: Meath

Member car:

Mito,Montreal.

Maybe we can get Bono to fit for debt forgiveness for Ireland now.....
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Don't let them mess with your Corporation Tax rates or your country will not recover in our life time! I hear that N. Ireland is looking to establish a similar to your present rate, if they achieve it? It could be curtains for the south and its European tax heaven for Global industry!
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
It is truly obscene!

The sheer incompetence and abandon that Bankers and so called politicians have squandered away all of our futures and our children's futures !

Correct me if i am wrong but wasn't a figure of 78 Billion mentioned in the news today??......1 Billion for each and every citizen of the British Isles ....

...where & what the hell have they spent it all on?
AO Gold Member

Property - remortgaging -again-again!! HP Luxury Cars, Overdrafts, Holidays, Visa Cards, Master Cards, American Express, Loans. Thats all that i can think of at the min!

ie: Purchases dependant upon the gross over valuation of property, and financed accordingly.
AO Member

County: Meath

Member car:

Mito,Montreal.

I think RBS bank have lent Irish banks about €40B -- so the offer of €7B by the UK government is really to try to stop the contagion of the Irish banks spreading...

The summary of the problem is:
- Ireland joins monetary union (currency union) and is feed very cheap credit during the early 2000s when the Irish economy is already booming (but German and France are in the doldrums)
- Irish financial regulator is asleep as Irish banks compete with each other to shovel the cheap money out to any gombeen developer with a half arsed plan
- Property/construction bubble develops
- Irish Bubble starts to burst in 2008 when US credit crunch starts to spread around the globe
- Bubble bursts in late 2008/2009 as property prices crash due massive over supply and zero demand....
- Irish banks become insolvent
- Irish government provide blanket guarantee to banks to try to stave off the problem
- Today, the game is up and it seems an additional €100B is needed to balance the books....
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyote00 View Post
I think RBS bank have lent Irish banks about 40B -- so the offer of 7B by the UK government is really to try to stop the contagion of the Irish banks spreading...

The summary of the problem is:
- Ireland joins monetary union (currency union) and is feed very cheap credit during the early 2000s when the Irish economy is already booming (but German and France are in the doldrums)
- Irish financial regulator is asleep as Irish banks compete with each other to shovel the cheap money out to any gombeen developer with a half arsed plan
- Property/construction bubble develops
- Irish Bubble starts to burst in 2008 when US credit crunch starts to spread around the globe
- Bubble bursts in late 2008/2009 as property prices crash due massive over supply and zero demand....
- Irish banks become insolvent
- Irish government provide blanket guarantee to banks to try to stave off the problem
- Today, the game is up and it seems an additional 100B is needed to balance the books....
Is anybody going to get their arses kicked for this ?....Or are their arses on some far away beach in paradise ?
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

One small word caused this .. greed !
AO Silver Member

County: Cork
Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
One small word caused this .. greed !
You said it....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulia TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherb View Post
You said it....

Look at you. First stalking and now anger.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_lezerby View Post
Look at you. First stalking and now anger.
Yea what are you going to do about it!!!

It's the prescription drugs... I'm all over the place....

PS. For the record, I'm not a stalker, I'm not an angry old man and I'm not on prescription drugs. I pose no threat to the general Alfa Romeo community... unless you're a politican...
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulia TI

Quote:

PS. For the record, I'm not a stalker, I'm not an angry old man and I'm not on prescription drugs. I pose no threat to the general Alfa Romeo community... unless you're a politican...
That's exactly what they told us a drug taking stalker would say.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_lezerby View Post
That's exactly what they told us a drug taking stalker would say.
They? They? Who's they? I swear paranioa is such a killer...
AO Member

County: Kildare
NO !!!!
AO Member

Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fildigger View Post
is anybody going to get their arses kicked for this ?....or are their arses on some far away beach in paradise ?
no !!!
AO Silver Member

According to RTE news tonight we're going to be charged just under 7% interest rate! We're going to be ridden in taxes lads. . Running a car is getting rough.

And as asked above I suppose these ****ers get off scott free? Wonder if there is really a Garda investigation going on in the banks?

Last edited by Cathal_H; 26-11-10 at 20:22. Reason: Typos
AO Gold Member

Quote:
According to RTE news tonight we're going to be charged just under 7% interest rate! We're going to be ridden in taxes lads. . Running a car is getting rough.

And as asked above I suppose these ****ers get off scott free? Wonder if there is really a Garda investigation going on in the banks?
I wonder if it will be as thorough as the 'Shergar' one?
AO Member

Member car:

Octavia vRS tsi

We are likely to default on the loans, no matter what they say we don't have enough money to keep it paid long term..

As for jailing people that caused it, not in a million years will you see it...its the same auld story. "I'll tell on you, if ya tell on me"

Until the corruption that has existed since well before Haughey era in both Government and banking system is addressed. We'll make no progress.

A good documentary to watch is "the House of Cards" it explains the crash in the American property bubble. And how Euro Zone banks bought up Billions of repackaged debt that was useless....

I feel sorry for the folks loosing their homes, we lost our family home in the 70's thanks to my father. I can still remember the bailiffs kicking us out. And that was 40 years ago...

Disgusted! doesn't come close to how I feel...as my granny used to say "The Curse of God on them all"

Last edited by Mjet; 26-11-10 at 21:24.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

What is really scary on the even bigger picture is that China ownes 95% of American debt
AO Member

Member car:

Octavia vRS tsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
What is really scary on the even bigger picture is that China ownes 95% of American debt
Bingo, and that's gonna cause one hell of a crash in the years to come...
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

It'll be a new world super power as well...
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

159 3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjet View Post
We are likely to default on the loans, no matter what they say we don't have enough money to keep it paid long term..
Precisely right and the sooner Ireland just owns up to this the better. We have a choice to eat humble pie, default and try and rebuild our lives (a bit like a personal bankruptcy), or struggle on for the next 3 years living on scraps before we go bankrupt anyway. But no, we will strip our poor and old of any dignity, destroy our public services and over tax our young best and brightest who will just emmigrate (if they have any sense). We're going to take out 6b costs in 2011 which will be the largest cuts in the history of the state... but this is just chickenfeed compared to the debt that is going to end up on our balance sheet if we continue to fund the banks and continue to take "bail outs". This could well end up being 200b, a just incomprehensible number for a country the size of Ireland. By 2014, we will be paying 13.4b interest payments alone if the leaked interest rate of 6.7% is correct. Yeah that's right folks, more than double the 2011 budget cuts in nothing more than interest payments. Europe of course know this full well and have protected their own banks by transferring the private debt of German/French banks and share/bond holders to that of the EU and IMF and yet again the private investor is protected at the expense of global taxpayers. It's not a bail out, it's giving yet more credit to an untrustable, over-debted shower of idiots and is nothing short of disgusting. We are like Bray Wanderers against Bayern Munich at the moment and it's just embarrassing.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
bailout , imf , latest

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page