Busted my 17" Ti Alloy, where to get a replacement? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 25 Old 05-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Limerick
Busted my 17" Ti Alloy, where to get a replacement?

Hit a kerb today (I won't bore you with the details) and severly damaged one of my alloy wheels, see attachment, I'm pretty sure it is beyond repair, there's a chunk missing out of it and it wobbles alot. I believe this style of wheel is rare, anyone have any ideas where I might source one ?

Thanks alot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17_156_Ti_Alloy.jpg (61.6 KB, 32 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Tim159 had a similar incident IIRC and either got it repaired or bought a new one I can't remember where but if you pm him I'm sure he'll let you know.
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Firstly I would say give this chap a call.

WheelDoctor - Wheels - Ballinahow

He's based in Tipp and loads of people recommend him. You never know, they might be saved somehow.

2. I think these wheels are pretty rare in Ireland, and if you go to the dealers they`ll rip you off. Best choice is to import one from England. There are a few places that might have them.

County: Cork
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossie View Post
Hit a kerb today (I won't bore you with the details) and severly damaged one of my alloy wheels, see attachment, I'm pretty sure it is beyond repair, there's a chunk missing out of it and it wobbles alot. I believe this style of wheel is rare, anyone have any ideas where I might source one ?

Thanks alot.
There was a set floating around on octane.ie a while back, you could try asking if anyone there has one for sale.

Also Dermo had to replace one a while back on his Ti, not sure where he got his but I'm sure he or Damien will post up to let you know. No harm ringing a few of the main dealers though for a quote as they might not be much more expensive when you take delivery into account

Also you could have a look on eBay.it ( italy ) for them but beware many are replicas & I'm not sure how strong they are compared to the originals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
Tim159 had a similar incident IIRC and either got it repaired or bought a new one I can't remember where but if you pm him I'm sure he'll let you know.
Tim got a set from the UK 2nd hand.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
There was a set floating around on octane.ie a while back, you could try asking if anyone there has one for sale.

Also Dermo had to replace one a while back on his Ti, not sure where he got his but I'm sure he or Damien will post up to let you know. No harm ringing a few of the main dealers though for a quote as they might not be much more expensive when you take delivery into account

Also you could have a look on eBay.it ( italy ) for them but beware many are replicas & I'm not sure how strong they are compared to the originals.
Didn't think of that. Here's a link that is always handy to have. At first look there is a set of 4 (I thnk) for sale for €469.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Scratch that here's the translated version
(Post Link) post #7 of 25 Old 05-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for the comments, I've got a few options to look into, there are a few for sale on ebay, pricey though, Euro 340 delivered. Thanks again.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

I have one as I replaced it due to a pothole will have a look and see if its repaierable . its an original ( the replacement cost me 456 yoyo's !)
AO Silver Member

Don't know if this helps... but after a quick google this turned up:

Alfa Romeo | Cheap Alloy Wheels

and

eBay.ie: ALFA ROMEO 147 / 156 17" Ti ALLOY WHEEL + free tyre (item 200527016485 end time 02-Nov-10 21:15:03 GMT)

Hard luck.. I hope you get a cheap fix sorted... btw how is your suspension holding up?

Cheers
Cathal

EDIT: After re-reading the posts above.. you've alread seen the ebay wheels... sorry...

Last edited by Cathal_H; 07-10-10 at 08:46. Reason: I'm thick!
(Post Link) post #10 of 25 Old 07-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks Cathal, suspension seems ok, the car drives fine except for the wheel alignment being way out, hopefully just a matter of getting the alignment adjusted.
dbt
AO Member

Member car:

156 Ti 2.4 JTDM

I did exactly the same earlier this year, your pic looks just like mine. These Ti wheels are not the strongest. I got a spare from Autolusso. About £150 including UK delivery and a tyre. The wheels were on back order from the factory and I guess I'd still be waiting now.
AO Member

ya those wheels are really rare, only every seen 2 147s in cork with them and a handful of 156s. best bet is eBay or partfinder or online breakers yard. i got the V6 alloys shipped over for my coupe, shipping for the 4 with tires was around 100, just to give u an estimate
AO Member

County: Meath
Garage
Hi anyone actually bought wheels from ebay-italy? Or other parts?

The wheels on my Ti are looking well damaged. The last owner liked rubbing and mounting the kerb and all four are carrying damage of some kind. They must be really soft...
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow

Member car:

Giulia TI

If they are only Kerbed go and get them repaired man. You will save a bomb. I don't know where you are but there is a place in Bray called Collin's engineering that repair alloys.
AO Member

Garage
Even when they are all scratched up at the edges? Wow I only thought that took wobbles out. Cool.
A friend gave me a number of a place that comes well recomended called BC Engineering in Navan ( 046 9071735 ) but you have to get the tyre removed before you leave the wheel in. I am going to give these guys a call first as I live in Kells, about 10 mins away.

Thanks tho.
AO Silver Member

Urgent!!!!

Buy these someone in Dublin ASAP!!!

Alloy Wheels for sale in Dublin: €150 - DoneDeal.ie

Garage
Good spot
AO Member

Garage
Nice one Cherb
(Post Link) post #19 of 25 Old 18-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

I had bought a wheel on Ebay (France) before I saw these available in Dublin.
It worked out well, the wheel I got is pretty much perfect.
Back on the road again.
AO Member

Member car:

159 3.2

Hi Mossie - just seeing this now. The alloy looks beyond repair from the picture and I'd say dangerous to put any pressure driving on it. I got lucky with mine from the 159 forum on this site and got 4 near perfect used alloys and tires for about the price of 1 new dealer alloy (€500 or €600 IIRC). Do a few searches and see if anything pops up. It's a pain because you either get lucky or you get well and truly screwed if you have to get the car back on the road quickly. As least now, I have 3 spares in the shed
(Post Link) post #21 of 25 Old 21-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Cheers Tim, I chucked the damaged alloy, I was told it might be fixable but that the safety couldn't be guaranteed, I wasn't going to take any risks with it. I bought a wheel on ebay France for Eur150 delivered, it's in good condition so I think I got lucky. I'll keep a better eye out for those leaping kerb stones from now on !!
AO Member

Member car:

159 3.2

Nice one, good result!
AO Silver Member

17" Wheels for GT

more wheels for sale on ebay.ie in case someone it looking for them:

eBay.ie: 2 x Alfa Romeo GT wheel rims (item 140470643433 end time 29-Oct-10 14:44:44 BST)
AO Member

Member car:

147 Blackline

I know this is an old thread but I just thought I would mention on here that I have a 17" Ti alloy wheel available if somebody is looking. Will have pictures available at first light tomorrow
JCL
AO Member

County: Wicklow

Member car:

SuperB

Quote:
Originally Posted by John00147 View Post
I know this is an old thread but I just thought I would mention on here that I have a 17" Ti alloy wheel available if somebody is looking. Will have pictures available at first light tomorrow
Ahoy ahoy. You can put my name on that. Did you want cash or will a marsbar and a can of coke close the deal ?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
alloy , busted my 17 , replacement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page