ROI Giulietta sales. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 18 Old 30-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Antrim

Member car:

merc cl 500

ROI Giulietta sales.

I guess with only 115 AR sales for the whole ROI in the first seven months of this year the Giulietta will have to be a success or AR may pull out.Sales in NI seem to be fair any word yet on the situation here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

I doubt there'll be more than 20-30 sales for the rest of 2010 as the early adopters grab the cars that have already landed.

There is only a small number of cars on Irish soil already (less than fifty), with a few more trickling in. The order book isn't even open yet (no option prices have been released), and faced with a 10-12 week delivery time I guess most Irish customers will wait until after the plate change on 1. January 2011.

As for me, I never buy a car in January, and will shortly be having an expensive conversation with a plumber about bathrooms which is going to delay matters somewhat, but all going well, I expect to join the Giulietta owners sometime between March and May next year.
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Nice one I am very jealous
AO Member

County: Cork
when i was home i was down at my local dealer, and they had no Giuliettas in stock and only 3 MiTos. no wonder there are so little sales, when there is nothing in stock for ppl to see!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

See above, Paul. AR Ireland are holding the cars back for some reason, so no RoI dealers have them yet. Could be in dealers this weekend.
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
See above, Paul. AR Ireland are holding the cars back for some reason, so no RoI dealers have them yet. Could be in dealers this weekend.
..i think alasta must have them all then..!
AO Member

Quote:
i hope they have them soon. when im back in September i should be allowed back into the alfa garage hahaha!! dying to test drvie both the MiTo and Giulietta
AO Member

County: Arizona
seen a couple of them now and in the metal they are really nice...
was amazed at how big they are - suppose they had to be with the MiTo being quite a size itself..
Very nice in white, but gotta watch the wheel choice.. Saw 2 with those 16" 5 double spoke rims, and they were crap on it - too small, and just didn't look right.
Nice grey one (not a great colour) and it had the 17" turbine wheels - very sexy!

No info on the engines on the cars - but since almost every modern alfa here seems to be diesel I suspect these are - 2 of them had the twin exhausts so either a 1750TBi or 2.0 JTDm-2.
AO Member

Went for a cycle today and passed by Alasta Autos, they have two Alfa Giulietta's in their showroom. A Cloverleaf in pearlescent Competizione red with 18" dark Turbine style alloys. Looked superb, although Alasta have large posters on the showroom window which blocked getting a full view of the car itself. Rear end looks much better in metal rather than pictures, front end is stunning, tbh, would prefer the silver 18" turbine alloys myself. The other Giulietta was a black version, showroom lights were off so couldnt really get a good look at it but I did notice it was registered so may be a demo or better still sold!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Grandon's have two cars: a 105 1.6 JTDm2 and 120 1.4TB. The diesel is the test-driver car, and myself and my wife had a drive of it this evening, and then I posted about it here .

Garage
Ken rang me this evening to tell me they'd both arrived As you say it's the 105 1.6 JTDm2 & the 120 1.4 TB cars they have, both in Lusso trim. Unfortunately the 170 1.4 MA he was expecting didn't turn up

Hopefully I'll get to have a look at them tomorrow or Thursday, probably won't bother taking a test drive though as it's a 170 MA Veloce I'm interested.

Great review BTW Kris
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
Unfortunately the 135MA he was expecting didn't turn up
You've just reminded me of that. At the original launch, AR Ireland told the dealers that the 120 would not be coming here, and that instead a 135~140 MultiAir would replace it as the entry model, because of the lower road tax this model would have.

The Lancia Delta now has a 140 MultiAir engine available, as does the Bravo, and the Mito has a 135. I guess they're trying to use the last of the stock of 120 TB engines...

Garage
That was meant to be 170MA You got me before the edit

As you say it is very surprising the Giulietta got the 120 at all, especially as it was withdrawn from the Mito You'd think thy'd have left the Mito exhaust the stock of engines other than making it available in a new model.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

I guess it was to meet a price point - the MultiAir gubbins does add cost to the engine. However, because its after-tax price is only €20k, the Irish price of the 120 Turismo is roughly an apple and a hard-boiled egg before VRT and VAT.

120 TB, 140 M'Air and 170 M'Air would be a nice range of 1.4 engines... although considering insurance requirements, 105 (no turbo), 135 and 170 all with MultiAir might be better
AO Silver Member

Grandons have a demo Giulietta in at the moment... will have to call over for a look on Saturday

No idea of the spec but looking forward to seeing her in the flesh, and possibly a spin.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

cherb, Scroll up six posts

Grandons' demo car is a 1.6 JTDm-2 in Lusso trim. They also have a 1.4 TB, also in Lusso trim, in the showroom. Both cars are in Profundo Blue metallic.

They're still expecting a couple more cars to arrive, one of which is a 1.4 M'Air 170.
AO Member

Quote:

Grandons' demo car is a 1.6 JTDm-2 in Lusso trim. They also have a 1.4 TB, also in Lusso trim, in the showroom. Both cars are in Profundo Blue metallic.

They're still expecting a couple more cars to arrive, one of which is a 1.4 M'Air 170.
they would want to update their website, i have been checing it daily to see if they get any in!!!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Ah you caught me sleeping at work again....

Yea, I'd be interested in looking at the Multiair myself too; would be very interested to hear what a 'so called scrapage' deal for our trusty 156 would be like..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
giulietta , roi , sales

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page