Alfa spotting in Tuscany - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 19-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cork
Alfa spotting in Tuscany

Just back from 10 days in Tuscany, rented a car and did a bit of touring, got a grand punto diesel, crap around town, not nippy enough but great for autostrada mile munching and pretty frugal, €70 for 750km and one day was 3 hrs across mountain switchbacks.

A bit disappointed at first not a lot of alfas to be seen and then they were everywhere. lots and lots of 147's, 156's and 159's. Surprising numbers of brera's and GT's.

But it was the MiTo and the Giulietta, I was particularly interested in. Our MiTo should be arriving any day now so we were keeping a look out to see what they look like on the road. You really have to see a car moving to appreciate it fully. The verdict on the MiTo is that it is stunning, the more you see it the better looking it gets. I think black is the best colour but the gunmetal Grey colour and the metalic red work well too. It looks biggest in black and has a broody road presence and looses a bit of the cutsieness. There is another red too that looks crap and the white makes it look small and too cute. From the side and back it looks sporty and purposeful and it certainly gets a lot of attention. Black is by far the most popular colour.

We were a week in before we spotted our first Giulietta, and it was the jackpot a metallic red QV. I spotted it by the rear lights, it was a little dusky so he had his lights on. That rear light cluster is brilliant, there is nothing else like it on the road and one glance identifies it. We actually ran after it as it went around a corner . Luckily he had parked up. so we got to give it a good going over. It has a great road presence, strong, broad shouldered sits low and meanacing. It is much bigger than the 147, in fact the MiTo isn't far off the 147 in size. It is no cute car like the MiTo, the front looks sharper, more like a sports car, less bug eyed but there is certainly a family design language going on there. It makes a golf look like a carboard box with wheels. If people had a stick of design sense there should be thousands of them on the road. Basically I want one has to be the QV in red though.

Saw another one in white a few days later, red is much better, thought it was a MiTo at first but only at a glance. Then it is all Alfa beauty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

916 Spider

I saw a fantastic looking Mito in Sicily while I was on holidays in June, black, big wheels, subtle bodykit, looked great, not cute at all.....!
Damien_C

Nice sounds like a good time you have had over there. Love Italy.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
alfa , spotting , tuscany

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page