Hi All - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Reply
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 32 Old 21-07-10 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 27

Member car:

98 Phase II GTV

Hi All

Hi All...

Just said Id introduce myself - I bought my first alfa last week - have had over 70 cars but never an alfa! Although I used to work in sales in a fiat/alfa dealership so I'm not a total virgin.

Anyway I was on the lookout for a nice GTV for a while I was ideally after a V6 but a nice 2.0TS phase II lusso in black came up at the right price so I decided to go for it! Enjoying the ownership experience so far and am looking forward to coming along to some of the meets you guys have.

Paddy
Paddy GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Giggity Giggity...... Giggitygoo
AO Silver Member
 
Alfa155 TS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 3,230

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

welcome along Paddy, Alfa ownership is an experience but a good one. Get some pics up of thecar for us to drool over
Alfa155 TS is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Nommer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
County: -
Posts: 467

Member car:

Alfa-less :-(

Welcome Paddy
Nommer is offline  
Status: Time to respray S23
AO Platinum Member
 
Stu GTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wellingborough
County: Northamptonshire
Posts: 12,744
Hello and welcome to AO.....

over 70 cars, is that cos you break them or get bored quick..........

+1 for pics.....next best colour after red......has yours got the red interior cos that's auto-porn.......
Stu GTV is offline  
Status: .....its coming back better then ever
AO Silver Member
 
Franko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Tipperary
Posts: 2,291
Welcome paddy hope you enjoy the experience
Franko is offline  
(Post Link) post #6 of 32 Old 21-07-10 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 27

Member car:

98 Phase II GTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu GTV View Post
Hello and welcome to AO.....

over 70 cars, is that cos you break them or get bored quick..........

+1 for pics.....next best colour after red......has yours got the red interior cos that's auto-porn.......

haha yeah get bored very quickly (I'm only 25!!) so used to buy and sell on quite a few - mostly into japanese stuff .. but I did have 2 punto GT's so there is some Italian blood in there somewhere.

She has the black momo leather - red is a bit of a rarity over here... have to say though I think the gtv has one of the best interiors of all time its a lovely place to be !
Paddy GT is offline  
Status: Time to respray S23
AO Platinum Member
 
Stu GTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wellingborough
County: Northamptonshire
Posts: 12,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy GT View Post
haha yeah get bored very quickly (I'm only 25!!)
Jeez.....whats the longest you've kept a car......I don't change my socks that often.................I do really, but you get my drift.......
Stu GTV is offline  
Status: Giggity Giggity...... Giggitygoo
AO Silver Member
 
Alfa155 TS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 3,230

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

there is an interesting question.

Whats the longest acceptable length of time to wear a pair of socks?
Alfa155 TS is offline  
Status: .....its coming back better then ever
AO Silver Member
 
Franko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Tipperary
Posts: 2,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa155 TS View Post
there is an interesting question.

Whats the longest acceptable length of time to wear a pair of socks?
Until someone notices the smell
Franko is offline  
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,407
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy GT View Post
Hi All...

Just said Id introduce myself - I bought my first alfa last week - have had over 70 cars but never an alfa! Although I used to work in sales in a fiat/alfa dealership so I'm not a total virgin.

Anyway I was on the lookout for a nice GTV for a while I was ideally after a V6 but a nice 2.0TS phase II lusso in black came up at the right price so I decided to go for it! Enjoying the ownership experience so far and am looking forward to coming along to some of the meets you guys have.

Paddy
Hi & Welcome to AO & Alfa ownership Paddy :WAVE: Good to have another Irish Alfa owner on board
David P is offline  
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu GTV View Post
Jeez.....whats the longest you've kept a car......I don't change my socks that often.................I do really, but you get my wift.......
Dermo is offline  
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Welcome along Paddy great Car the GTV ... well you better hang on to this long enough to get to a meet after the first meet you can then sell it again
Dermo is offline  
(Post Link) post #13 of 32 Old 21-07-10 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 27

Member car:

98 Phase II GTV

ha - I guess the the car I have most passion for is the 80's corolla gt coupe I run the website AE86irl.com Home which is an owners club for them ... Im on my 11th one now

My passion for alfas started when the 156 came out I remember thinking there was no better looking saloon car and begging my dad to get one - but he went for a honda accord instead because the wait for the 156 was crazy when it came out in 1998.

I ended up working in sales in an fiat/alfa dealership so drove quite a few 147's gt's and 159's but for whatever I haven't owned one until now! Love it so far ...
Paddy GT is offline  
(Post Link) post #14 of 32 Old 21-07-10 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 27

Member car:

98 Phase II GTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Welcome along Paddy great Car the GTV ... well you better hang on to this long enough to get to a meet after the first meet you can then sell it again
Cheers Dermo - if I was to sell it, it would only be for a V6 but Im enjoying the surprising mpg of the 2.0 ts at the minute so I think she might stay for a while !

- spotted some pics of your 166 while having a look at some threads beautiful looking car its a credit to you
Paddy GT is offline  
Status: Smells of Eue De Autoglym
AO Gold Member
 
GTV Gav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Kildare
Posts: 6,738

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Welcome along Paddy, great to have another Irish GTV owner on here they're getting a bit thin on the ground these days there's actually only 3 on our register
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...-register.html
GTV Gav is offline  
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

You probably know tredx19 on here so he worked up around there too!
Dermo is offline  
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy GT View Post
Cheers Dermo - if I was to sell it, it would only be for a V6 but Im enjoying the surprising mpg of the 2.0 ts at the minute so I think she might stay for a while !

- spotted some pics of your 166 while having a look at some threads beautiful looking car its a credit to you
It was a brit but i decided to make it an oirish one . Ya she's ok but a bit painting needs to be done and i'll be happy . The interior is mint and after nearly 10 years every switch and button still works.. so much for the guys who say there a tub. Ya Paddy had a few Alfa's 146, 2 147's a 156Ti (nommer now owns it ) and the 166 but the 166 is the best of all of them . Cant beat cylinders Before purchasing the 166 was toying with the idea of a GT or a cool GTV

Run away with my wife kill my child but dont touch my car

CYCLISTS! THEY PAY NOTHING I TELL YA NOTHING
FRANKLY i DON'T GIVE A DAMN
IF THE ABS LIGHT IS ON ITS TOO LATE !
100% OF NON SMOKERS DIE TOO
Dermo is offline  
Status: Time to respray S23
AO Platinum Member
 
Stu GTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wellingborough
County: Northamptonshire
Posts: 12,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
Welcome along Paddy, great to have another Irish GTV owner on here they're getting a bit thin on the ground these days there's actually only 3 on our register
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...-register.html
They've got you now Paddy......
Stu GTV is offline  
Status: Smells of Eue De Autoglym
AO Gold Member
 
GTV Gav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Kildare
Posts: 6,738

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu GTV View Post
They've got you now Paddy......
Hey that's our word, only we are allowed to use it
GTV Gav is offline  
Status: Alone in the wilderness
AO Platinum Member
 
Dermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
County: -
Posts: 13,001

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu GTV View Post
They've got you now Paddy......
Hi we're very nice over here we can even talk engleesh
Dermo is offline  
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko View Post
Until someone notices the smell
I know there was an awful smell off you on Sunday ya bollicks.

Welcome along paddy nice colour and interior combo in the GTV ya missed out on a mint blue GTV V6 in Limerick it was epic and the 3l are great fun having been in and driven a few
 
Status: .....its coming back better then ever
AO Silver Member
 
Franko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Tipperary
Posts: 2,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
I know there was an awful smell off you on Sunday ya bollicks.

Welcome along paddy nice colour and interior combo in the GTV ya missed out on a mint blue GTV V6 in Limerick it was epic and the 3l are great fun having been in and driven a few
and i dont need a gym to work up that sweat
Franko is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
kikih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 574
Ah bollix, welcome Paddy, I had a long post done out with smelly socks, AE86's with sr20's bla bla but the ****ing thing dissapeared..I cant be arsed doing it out again::
kikih is offline  
Status: D'ya know how much rage I have in me!?
AO Silver Member
 
Mysterio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 4,623

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Welcome along Paddy, hope you enjoy that GTV.
Mysterio is offline  
(Post Link) post #25 of 32 Old 22-07-10 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 27

Member car:

98 Phase II GTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
I know there was an awful smell off you on Sunday ya bollicks.

Welcome along paddy nice colour and interior combo in the GTV ya missed out on a mint blue GTV V6 in Limerick it was epic and the 3l are great fun having been in and driven a few

whats the craic Damien - met you a couple of times before when you were with Sully I think - think I had a white twincam back then.
Paddy GT is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome