Wonders may never cease.. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 23-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Limerick

Member car:

159 1.8 Turismo

Wonders may never cease..

Was stuck in traffic to day when in the opposite lane a guy in a blue Audi A6, 3.2 litre I think. He beckoned at me to roll down my window...when I did he said to me that he loved the look of my 159 (washed and waxed on Sunday) and that he thinks he chose the wrong car...made me laugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Damien_C

Poor fella could have gottena rediculas spec 159 for the money he spent on his A6 nice cars inside if a bit boring. But they look good imo with them being in the "S Line" Spec which amazingly is a toppish enough spec for them but yet doesnt come with leather.

AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Haha, remember something like that happened to me sometime. Was at a drive thru and that chap comes up to the window, I hand him the money and then he says. "Man that is a beautiful car, wish I could've bought one before my Rover" .. I just stayed there and started laughing and told him "Well then, tough luck buddy" .. Was that mean ?
AO Silver Member

County: Cork
yeah, so true... spring of 2007 when I was drving my 156 to work I was asked by a manager to follow him to a garage to drop up his brand new BMW 3 coupe for "engine repairs". The car kept cutting out.

On the way back he commented on my Alfa. I was told "nice dashboard... it's very interesting. I think the BMW one is a bit dull"....

Two days later when his car was fixed he asked me for a lift to pick it up. He said " I think this car has more grunt up the airport hill than my 320"... Strange because the BMW had 165bhp, the Alfa was only 150-ish..

Three weeks later I collected him to/from to the garage again cause his car "had issues" and in for a warrany fix. Something to do with coil packs.

The conversation on the way back always drifed towards the topic of "Alfa reliability"..... I kinda found that a bit funny...

When I got the 159... the same guy started off with the whole front wheel versus rear wheel drive thing... but he still asked to drive it, afterward I was told he loved it!... and joking asked if I would swap... hmmmmmmm

He paid >60k for this BMW new, and sold it for 26k this month! He said after a few years of ownership he will never buy a BMW again due to reliabilty problems!

Not too sure what point I'm trying to make here.... but something to do with the fact that if someone want's luxury car they tend for Audi/BMW/Merc... the cliche marques. Nothing against these cars or their driver. If they want something a bit different it's Jag/Lexus. Alfa is never on their radar... and if they ever sit inside an Alfa it's like this big shock! It's a case of "Oh my god, these cars are actually not bad" kind of attitude... what were they expecting? Seats made from old cement bags and a steering wheel from barbed wire?

Having said that, I do work with people when asked what type of car does someone drive you could be told "a curvy red one".....

EDIT: spelling mistakes -> fingers a bit thick today..

Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili, Guidare come se fosse un Italiano.

Last edited by Cathal_H; 24-06-10 at 13:38.
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

Lads ask theredx19 whats one of the most common NCT failures and he will tell you its BMWs. He should know he works there

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
cease , wonders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page