GT 1.9jdtm Chipped - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 08-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Meath
GT 1.9jdtm Chipped

Hi Guys
My 07 GT is nearing the end if the alfa warranty and I was considering getting it chipped. I know it been discussed before but I was wndering if anyone has got it done to a diesel GT before and what it cost. Also if anyone could recommend a good place in around the Dublin area. Thanks

Donal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Damien_C

Try Martin Treacy in westwardengineering in Dunboyne in Meath he will fit a tuning box to your car and it will be mint. he did it to my finds Golf MKV diesel and it's been done for 2 years and he's happy out.

AO Silver Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Damien-I think you are getting mixed up-Westward Engineering is in Enfield, Couture Auto is in Dunboyne. Nick in Couture Auto may be able to do a live map (on the dyno).

I had may map done by Autoremap.ie-no problems and more torque than was promised....but possibly less bhp. It doesn't really pull smoother lower down, but plenty of power higher up. Budget around €250-€300.

Very mixed opinions on tuning boxes. Remapping the ECU seems to be the way to go. Your mpg might improve a bit as well.
Damien_C

Ya sorry Enfield for Martin and Couture in Dunboyne. Anything outside of Cork I get confused. I've been to both and there both the same imo. The tuning box in my buddies yoke seems fine to be honest. And remember a remap is only as good as the person who maps it.

(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 24-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Meath
Thanks for the suggestions guys. My preference is a remap, just from what I've read, no personal experience. That's why I was hoping that some here had got theirs done and could give a recommendation.

Donal
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donalh View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys. My preference is a remap, just from what I've read, no personal experience. That's why I was hoping that some here had got theirs done and could give a recommendation.

Donal

Maybe if you wanted you could take a spin in mine you could see whether you notice any difference?
Damien_C

Take up Ciaran on his offer drive me back to back and see what you think

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
19jdtm , chipped

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page