FS or it's going to the scrapper - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Damien_C

FS or it's going to the scrapper

Howya all,

I'm sick of looking at my car outside the window at the moment. So if it's not gone in two weeks I'll be getting a trailer and bringing it to the scraper and that will be the end of it. It is a 00 1.4 with a very strong and healthy engine running it's standard power after 10 years and has never missed a beat for me ever.

It also has a full Alfa service history. 83k genuine miles and in a rare colour. The car will be sold with everything I have which includes 4 doors all mint, 2 bonnets, 2 seats of spare headlights, rear hatch which is perfect I have a spare rear bumper, 3 wings, full spare dash which is mint, cloverleaf dash binnacle, heater matrix the whole lot.

The car has goodridge braided brake hoses which I have a brand new spare set, and 3 OZ Ultraleggera's which are mint and one not so mint lol, it also has a set of KW Variant 2 coilovers worth over 1500 euro fitted and a full cat back Ragazzon exhaust worth over 700 euro fitted the car will not be sold with my stereo though. But the custome pods etc will be left in along with the dynamat I have fitted to it. I am the cars second owner the other was a middled aged women.

So unless someone offers me money for it the parts that are on the car will be taken off and I will try and sell them and the shell will be going to the scrapper.

Damien.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

GT Monza 1.9JTDm

what you getting instead?
Damien_C

Not sure to be honest. It's damaged but I have all the parts to fix it for anyone who wants to.

AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow

Member car:

Giulia TI

Would the shocks go on mine? If so I'd consider buying them.
Damien_C

No they won't unfortunetly they will only fit 155, 146, Brava, Bravo etc.

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Seems a shame to send it to the Scrapper, Damien......

Any other sensible options available to you instead......

Or have you just had enough of the Car all round !!!!........
Damien_C

Ahh I have no room just to leave it be and fix it in my own time which is the reasoning behind it and I don't have the paitence at the moment to fix it. And get the bits fitted etc.

AO Silver Member

County: Cork

Member car:

BMW E92 320D

Whats actually wrong with it?
Damien_C

Sorry I posted this on othr sites too and I thought I had all the info. It needs a wishbone, driveshaft and maybe the steering rack but not sure about that. Other than that it needs a wing and door sprayed as they just got slightly snagged. Which I have both of spare and are mint. I have a spare Steering rack too. but not the shaft or wishbone or it would more than likely fixed by now.

Damien_C

Bump this up I held onto it for someone but they messed me around. If I can't find somewhere to hold onto it will be in the scrapper.

AO Silver Member

County: -
Aww, poor wee car, I hope it is rescued it sounds like a handy fix. I know a cheap and very good bodyshop if that is enoght to persuade someone to buy it (although their spray booth is out of action for a few weeks because of a leaky roof).
Damien_C

I found out that sump isn't broken the oil that came out was because the shaft fell out due to the kerb. And it needs a droplink and driveshaft other than that I have everything else here for it. Be great if I could find somewhere to hide it for track days and the like cos it would be a waste really to scrap it.

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
it would be a waste really to scrap it.
The going rate for scrapping a car up here is only £110-120, think carefully before you act
Damien_C

I will be taking the suspension and other bits off the car.

AO Silver Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
I found out that sump isn't broken the oil that came out was because the shaft fell out due to the kerb. And it needs a droplink and driveshaft other than that I have everything else here for it. Be great if I could find somewhere to hide it for track days and the like cos it would be a waste really to scrap it.
The place where we have the 33 would have room to store it outside. Not far from Mondello.
Damien_C

That would be way too far for me to travel haha. But nice one man.

Damien_C

1k for the whole car as it stands no more no less. This includes, 4 spare doors, 2 bonnets, 4 wings a rear hatch and a spare rear bumper, the 4 spare doors have electric windows all round. And the car has brand new headlights also on it witha full service history amounting to over 4k from The Sweep Garage in Cork. It also includes the full cat back Ragazzon exhaust which is worth over 900 euro, the fully adjustable KW Variant 2 volours worth over 1500 euro which will fit your 155 along with the exhaust also. It also includes a K&N panel filter in the airbox and it has 3 mint OZ Ultraleggeras in Antharcite. It also has Brembo discs and Ferodo performance pads on it and good ridge braided brake lines. And the full interior which is mint, I also have a Cloverleaf instrament binacle and mint stering wheel and colum which will be included too and a full spare dash with evverything attached to it.

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Good Grief Damien ......

Sounds like you have TWO brilliant Cars there, just not in the same bodyshell, at the same time !!!!.......

Surely you would get a brilliant price on E-Bay, if you put the same description on there, as you have on here. Worth a try mate, as I've seen some Cars going for MUCH more that the sellers expected........

Good Luck.......
Damien_C

Cheers Roy nah I'm not bothered with eaby and the likes I'd rather see it be scrapped than have more of my fooking time wasted.

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Quote:
Cheers Roy nah I'm not bothered with eaby and the likes I'd rather see it be scrapped than have more of my fooking time wasted.
Fair Enough Mate......

Go put some Rory Gallagher / Taste on the CD, and relax then, Eh !!!!.......
Damien_C

Lol, ya I'll be listening to him actually haven't in a long time nice one for reminding me nearly have the stereo in the 156 so I'll be a happy man when that does come about.

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Sorry Zoro see this , he's gone out so just in case you thought he was ignoring you

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...e-cheaper.html
Damien_C

Sorry about Zoro I had a man with a trailer come up to me this morning with Johnny cash in his hands and wasn't going to say no.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
scrapper

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page