Epic alfa meet aftermath thread. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Damien_C

Epic alfa meet aftermath thread.

Firstly as always I would like to thank all the members that made it out today. I know it's not cheap to come to meets with the petrol and food etc. Brilliant to see I have to say. I think for the next meet I am going to call 166 owners and see if we can get as many as possible at the meet.

I would like to say thanks to the legend that is Gerry(the most dedicated Alfa man here he even turns up for Rolling Road days in Meath when there was only my Alfa there) for coming all the way in a classic and showing it off to everyone. And to taking a fooking moany Cork ******** lol. And to everyone for giving me a slagging for being the rep with out alfacause lol. And for Mick taking me around in his drug dealer style 166 in it's air conditioned and leather seated niceness And it's hilarious kick down. I now understand why Klap has that knowing smile on his face when he drives the 166 also lol.

And to Tim with the 159 must be the only 4WD car on the planet that bloodly torque steers sounds brilliant aswell I have to say. And what a posh car inside too beauty of a car.

And to KiKi and Alan for coming from the homeland all the way in his decked 166 Epicly mint that car is.

And to Cibo the lunatic with the top down in the rain haha and to Geroge with the cleanest 166 in Ireland by miles, also I would like to say Robert you got some minty fresh 156

And to last but not least the two second most dedicated Alfa meet fanatics Mark(aka Brian from Family guy) and Gav gav gav man in the tanned GTV. For bringing out fantastic cars.

And in spite of the weather I think it was still a great day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

916 Spider

A good day out Damien, must try to have more time on the next one.

On the way back I was even able to test my theory of driving in the rain with the hood down - at motorway speed you can drive through surprisingly heavy rain and stay bone dry...
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

The Cork to Swansea Ferry is up and running again ( just watched it going out in fact ) so perhaps we can organise a meet on it one Day !!!!.........

That would be different, Eh !!!!........
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
A good day out Damien, must try to have more time on the next one.

On the way back I was even able to test my theory of driving in the rain with the hood down - at motorway speed you can drive through surprisingly heavy rain and stay bone dry...
I've actually seen some chap on the m50 in a classic MG, hood down & quite rainy, tried to make a picture but found out that you can't drive and use the phone at the same time

It was nice to meet all of ya, tell you what, Dermo always has something to say to make you laugh, top man
Damien_C

Lol, good man Cibo. Great car you have there very clean. Must have a spin in it next time haha.

AO Member

Member car:

916 Spider

No bother, but you'll have to bring a hat - I'm not putting the hood up for you even if it does rain.....!!
Damien_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13roy View Post
The Cork to Swansea Ferry is up and running again ( just watched it going out in fact ) so perhaps we can organise a meet on it one Day !!!!.........

That would be different, Eh !!!!........
Roy you need to get over here with myself and Mick in the 166 we can be 3 nerds in a 166 talking about music and stereos lol.

I think kerry is where it's at.

J_K
AO Member

County: Limerick
Good day out, weather wasn't bad really, not too much rain. And I've already forgotton everybodys name as usual!

I've been keeping an eye out for 166's since I got mine, haven't seen one yet then like 4 turn up today
Big thanks to mick for the spin in the 166, man I need a V6, so, so, badly!

I've some pictures up in the other thread too.

Can't wait for the next one.
AO Member

County: Cork
It was nice meeting ye all today, well those of you who had Alfa's. I plan to polish the car the whole way round for the next one
Damien_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K View Post
Good day out, weather wasn't bad really, not too much rain. And I've already forgotton everybodys name as usual!

I've been keeping an eye out for 166's since I got mine, haven't seen one yet then like 4 turn up today

Good man glad you had a good day. Get to the Kerry one it will be great craic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikih View Post
It was nice meeting ye all today, well those of you who had Alfa's. I plan to polish the car the whole way round for the next one

Typical fooking buttevant culchie lol

AO Silver Member

..great meeting everyone. as the 159 burbled into the carpark past the lovely GTV6 i remember thinking what a great way to spend a sunday.. tyre kinging, talking crap, and actually driving.. thanks damien..!
Damien_C

Jayus no bother at all Mick glad you enjoyed. It's always a geat day out an alfa meet is imo

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
I've actually seen some chap on the m50 in a classic MG, hood down & quite rainy, tried to make a picture but found out that you can't drive and use the phone at the same time

It was nice to meet all of ya, tell you what, Dermo always has something to say to make you laugh, top man
I'm very quite really and shy but you wouldn't think it really

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K View Post

Who said that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick164 View Post
..great meeting everyone. as the 159 burbled into the carpark past the lovely GTV6 i remember thinking what a great way to spend a sunday.. tyre kinging, talking crap, and actually driving.. thanks damien..!
Nice Motor Mick hope your sound is better .... but then again it was LYRIC
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
There's only one answer to that LANGER

Nice meeting your son even though he drives a a a BMW
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

To jerry .. top man tanks for putting up with this old man much appreciated and to drive your car was the highlight . Thanks again I hope my V6 will be better for the next meet , fingers crossed
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post

Nice Motor Mick hope your sound is better .... but then again it was LYRIC
..lyric shmyric.. i should be listening to the V6..!

but yeah, it was better.. thanks
AO Member

Quote:
Thanks again I hope my V6 will be better for the next meet , fingers crossed
You mean, you'r V4 and a half
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

Cheers Damo AKA Chris Griffin from Family Guy.
Next time lads I'll hand over the keys to whoever fancies a spin in the 155, she is a different beast
AO Silver Member

..dermo, any luck with your car after..?
Damien_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa155 TS View Post
Next time lads I'll hand over the keys to whoever fancies a spin in the 155, she is a different beast
Hey I'll pop your head open the next time I see ya But good man on getting to the meet ya lunatic

Quote:
Lol, I think it was a V1 at one stage.

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
..lyric shmyric.. i should be listening to the V6..!

but yeah, it was better.. thanks
You hum it I'll sing it. Did dire straits bring that out as a single

Quote:
Even if it was running on one I'd blow it before I'd leave you pass me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa155 TS View Post
If he's chris griffen what does that make me . And I wont charge for fixing your trim

Quote:
..dermo, any luck with your car after..?
errm no drove it home but it was ok (ish) Is a really sick little bunny at the moment even Kiki's car would beat it ! Master Nolan is coming to have a look at it on saturday and we will see if Kiki wants his boot back then

Thanks for asking, your motor is a clean car . Would have been nice to see your boot on mine

hopefully it will not be too bad but it will have to be fixed either way I have bought new disks and pads (front and rear) and hand brake cable etc etc so too much to lose on it to get rid. Just because I'm not looking for a 166 V6 there all over the net for sale . Heart bought the car instead of my head silly really but then again I'm at that impressional age !

Run away with my wife kill my child but dont touch my car

CYCLISTS! THEY PAY NOTHING I TELL YA NOTHING
FRANKLY i DON'T GIVE A DAMN
IF THE ABS LIGHT IS ON ITS TOO LATE !
100% OF NON SMOKERS DIE TOO
AO Silver Member

Quote:
hopefully it will not be too bad but it will have to be fixed either way I have bought new disks and pads (front and rear) and hand brake cable etc etc so too much to lose on it to get rid. Just because I'm not looking for a 166 V6 there all over the net for sale . Heart bought the car instead of my head silly really but then again I'm at that impressional age !
..sure when you're buy cars like this for the money they're at there's always something to sort out, but it doesn't mean it's a bad car. best of luck with her anyway..!
AO Member

Is there such a thing as a bad 166?? I think not, as long as the cam belts are done anything else is the same as any other car. I'm on 166 number three and in fairness I've found them to be exceptionally reliable (never broke down, never failed to start, and I'm embarrassed to say not serviced very often either) Once you've sorted out the couple of problems you have you'll have a fine car..(you might have me on the straights but I'll have you on the corners)
Damien_C

Quote:
..sure when you're buy cars like this for the money they're at there's always something to sort out, but it doesn't mean it's a bad car. best of luck with her anyway..!
Have to say I was enjoying listening to the V6 on Sunday lol

Quote:
Is there such a thing as a bad 166?? I think not, as long as the cam belts are done anything else is the same as any other car. I'm on 166 number three and in fairness I've found them to be exceptionally reliable (never broke down, never failed to start, and I'm embarrassed to say not serviced very often either) Once you've sorted out the couple of problems you have you'll have a fine car..(you might have me on the straights but I'll have you on the corners)
Ahh god no there isn't. But to be fair to the old fella he is just worried about the new car which is to be expected I was the same when I got my 146 thinking everthing that made noise was going to fall apart lol.

Your 166 is the sport model lol. And I know how you drive lol.

AO Member

Member car:

159 3.2

Great Alfa day out as always with enjoyable driving and chat. Cruising behind a convoy of 166s and then Gerry's GTV a particular highlight.

Glad I had your number Damian or I may never have found everyone up by the train station -had an interesting detour around the multi story carpark before hand lol... Glad you enjoyed the drive in the 159 - the torque steer was a special treat - had to give you a proper taste of the V6 power. Don't normally give it quite that much welly on back roads

Loving the photos also - thanks to those who posted.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
aftermath , alfa , epic , meet , thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page