Detailing - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 20-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Well Happy Detailing

Spent nearly three hours detailing my 156...Red as a car colour does change ALL BY ITSELF...Used T-Cut(chose it over Autoglym paint renovator)..and Then Autoglym super resin polish..My dodgy paint job on wing and orange peel is now more shiny...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

We demand pics!!!

I did the same about this time last year except used the AG paint restorer.
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motor...s-weather.html
I clayed here a few weeks ago as well, you wouldnt believe the crap that comes off what you think is a clean car!!!
J_K
AO Member

County: Limerick
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
I did the same about this time last year except used the AG paint restorer.
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motor...s-weather.html
Did you machine polish it or do it by hand? Mine needs to be done badly, its gone really dull and even with AG SRP it doesn't com up anyway decent?

I'm honestly afraid to go near it with a machine
AO Silver Member

County: -
Nice result on the GTV. I echo your "we need pictures" comments too

@ J K Machines aren't as dangerous as some people would lead you to believe. If you buy/ borrow a DA and a practice panel you'll get the hang of it in no time. Rotaries are a bit trickier and remove paint far more quickly (plus generate heat which can be dangerous) but a bit of common sense and practice will go a long way. I'd do it for you but I live at the other end of the country
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K View Post
Did you machine polish it or do it by hand? Mine needs to be done badly, its gone really dull and even with AG SRP it doesn't com up anyway decent?

I'm honestly afraid to go near it with a machine
Just did it by hand, I reckon if I was to splash out on a DA polisher I'd get all the paint touched up first and the wing mirror mounts done as well since the paint on them has decided to take an early retirement, the missus has decided to get that done for me for my big three oh this Sept, can't wait!!
J_K
AO Member

County: Limerick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,500RPM View Post
@ J K Machines aren't as dangerous as some people would lead you to believe. If you buy/ borrow a DA and a practice panel you'll get the hang of it in no time. Rotaries are a bit trickier and remove paint far more quickly (plus generate heat which can be dangerous) but a bit of common sense and practice will go a long way. I'd do it for you but I live at the other end of the country
My father has a crummy one from argos or somewhere at home but I don't know if I'd chance it, I do have an old vento bonnet here so I suppose I can practice on it. The paint on the 166 is very bad anyway so I suppose I couldn't make it too much worse.
AO Silver Member

County: -
Alfas have nice soft paint (meaning you can use a less aggressive, and safer polish to revive it). Even if you give it one or two passes with a machine it will bring back a lot more gloss than you would with a hand polish and it's safer than a serious correction.
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 21-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Sorry all RE:PICS...My broadband is down..BOTH OF THEM O2 AND 3G...Pain in the lower regions...Using my pals netbook(vodafone)under the pretence of looking for a diesel OTHER type of car For him..lol...pics will follow ASAP when Broadband is back

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
detailing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page