Anyone in Dublin or Cavan area have access to a car trailer or something to transport - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 33 Old 22-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Anyone in Dublin or Cavan area have access to a car trailer or something to transport

Hi, I am looking at buying a car for spares, only problem is it is in Dun Laoighrie and I am planning on bringing it to Cavan. Does anyone in Dublin or Cavan or in Between know anyone who has access to a transporter or trailer etc, or know someone who would transport the car for a reasonable price? Cheers. I can reward you in 156 bits! All i'm planning to take out of the car is the leather, headlights and wheels.. has everything else..

Cheers

Last edited by liam156; 22-11-08 at 16:57.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Damien_C

Re: Anyone in Dublin or Cavan area have access to a car trailer or something to trans

Ring this number 085-7585962 Danielle is her name tell her Damien_C from DTD sent ya shes sound out

(Post Link) post #3 of 33 Old 22-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Re: Anyone in Dublin or Cavan area have access to a car trailer or something to trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
Ring this number 085-7585962 Danielle is her name tell her Damien_C from DTD sent ya shes sound out

Thanks Damien! Much appreciated! Can I call tomorrow or should I wait until the weekend??
Damien_C

Ya ring her tomorrow see what the story is shes sound out anyway. Mad into cars herself has a EVO and a 180.

(Post Link) post #5 of 33 Old 22-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Ya ring her tomorrow see what the story is shes sound out anyway. Mad into cars herself has a EVO and a 180.
Cool, need more petrolhead women in this world! HAhaha!

Will let ya know what she says.
Damien_C

No bother bud.

(Post Link) post #7 of 33 Old 23-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
No bother bud.
No answer today! Will try again tomorrow!

Cheers
AO Silver Member

County: Louth

Member car:

33 16v

Liam I rented a car transporter last weekend off drogheda hire for €60 from saturday to monday including straps winch etc. May be worth giving them a call if you have something to tow it with

Frank
Damien_C

That's cheap

(Post Link) post #10 of 33 Old 24-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post
Liam I rented a car transporter last weekend off drogheda hire for €60 from saturday to monday including straps winch etc. May be worth giving them a call if you have something to tow it with

Frank
Thats the problem FluffyDuff! The guy I am buying the car off has a Aframe I can use to transport it, but my car, my mums car or my dads jeep dont have a tow bar! and my brother needs a new engine in his car!

156 for 400 euro with leather! Just need to transport it! Hahaha
Damien_C

Emm, rent a van with a towbar 80 euro for the day all in 140 which isn't too bad plus dieaesl and the fun in a van is endless.

(Post Link) post #12 of 33 Old 24-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thats a good idea, dad has a friend in cavan who for some reason has a recovery truck on his farm so he might even come down!? but if not van is a good idea as have access to aframe to tow it!

Before i get the car is there anything anyone on her needs? the cars engine is perfect something wrong with the electrics so cant get it started....
Damien_C

I wouldn't know without looking. I'd be wary of an engine I couldn't hear started but for 400 notes it aint too much of a loss.

The van would be the most fun But if you can get your friends best thing aswell.

(Post Link) post #14 of 33 Old 24-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
I wouldn't know without looking. I'd be wary of an engine I couldn't hear started but for 400 notes it aint too much of a loss.

The van would be the most fun But if you can get your friends best thing aswell.
Sure i'm only buying it for spares, has a clean black leather interior and teledials and all panels ok, sports pack 3 I think? It's going to spend the rest of its days in our weekend house in cavan!
Damien_C

Ahh ya that's what I mean it's cheap out. And worth the hassle.

(Post Link) post #16 of 33 Old 24-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Ahh ya that's what I mean it's cheap out. And worth the hassle.
Defiantly! And sure if I do ever get it running I could make a project out of it! or even just start stripping down the engine and learn a thing or two about the engines
Damien_C

That would be the best thing to do what engine is in it?

(Post Link) post #18 of 33 Old 24-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
That would be the best thing to do what engine is in it?
2.0litre
Damien_C

Ahh very nice There not too bad to work on when you have a spare car to work on with.

(Post Link) post #20 of 33 Old 25-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Ahh very nice There not too bad to work on when you have a spare car to work on with.
Oh mine is only a 1.6, insurance was too high for a bigger engine, but purely buying this incase i need panels etc... just incase and leather and going to try and make the centre console into a double din one and swap electric windows out of mine
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

sounds a good idea Liam. Did you get it sorted yet?
AO Silver Member

Quote:
beat me to it!
(Post Link) post #23 of 33 Old 25-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancido64 View Post
beat me to it!
Still cant get through?! But defiantly making sure i do something about it this weekend!
Damien_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam156 View Post
Oh mine is only a 1.6, insurance was too high for a bigger engine, but purely buying this incase i need panels etc... just incase and leather and going to try and make the centre console into a double din one and swap electric windows out of mine
I know But stuff like the MAF etc should be good for your car and lambda probs etc, all handy gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam156 View Post
Still cant get through?! But defiantly making sure i do something about it this weekend!
I dunno, I'd say your best bet is to rent a van and trailer great fun.

(Post Link) post #25 of 33 Old 25-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
I know But stuff like the MAF etc should be good for your car and lambda probs etc, all handy gear.

I dunno, I'd say your best bet is to rent a van and trailer great fun.

Ye all the lil bits and bops will do

The guy who i'm buying it off has a trailer I can use So its either rent a van or one of my dads mates with a tow bar will give me a hand

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
access , area , car , cavan , dublin , trailer , transport

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page