Buying advise on GTV... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 13-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Buying advise on GTV...

Hi All
I'm looking at getting a nice GTV in Red and I'm considering Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 Petrol (1996) for sale in Dublin - Used car on Cars Ireland .ie as I really like the tan leather, are there any others around that aren't listed on carzone, cbg, or carsireland? The only thing about it is that it needs to be resprayed how much would the damage be does anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

Re: Buying advise on GTV...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Wanted View Post
Hi All
I'm looking at getting a nice GTV in Red and I'm considering Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 Petrol (1996) for sale in Dublin - Used car on Cars Ireland .ie as I really like the tan leather, are there any others around that aren't listed on carzone, cbg, or carsireland? The only thing about it is that it needs to be resprayed how much would the damage be does anyone know?
for choice it would be alot better to check out PH, autotrader etc over in the uk and import one. with much more choice there is more chance in getting yourself an immaculate model with much more choice of colours and kit. but that i only my opinion of course. good luck anyhow
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 13-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Cheers, I did have a look on PH but to be honest I actually couldnt find a nice red one with the tan leather. I'm in no hurry so I might just bide my time. The one on carsireland is fairly solid though and had a bit of money spent on it during a service last year, I did drive it and it is fairly sweet but the paintwork is a bit of a heart breaker.
Damien_C

Where are you?? If you are in Dublin I know a guy who will spray your car for 1500 euro the same colour as the car. From what I have seen his painting looks well.

(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 13-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

I am in Dublin. So do you reckon €1500 for a decent job? You see I am trying to use it as a bargaining chip for haggling the price...as you do.
AO Member

Member car:

Renault Sport

€1,500 for a respray sounds ok.
There is a crowd in lusk that have resprayed a fellow Alfaowners car (J?). Kelly's i think?

That Red on GTV's always seems ot peel or have faded, at least on any I have seen.
Good luck with the negotiations.
AO Member

Member car:

916 Spider

I would agree with Volmars, if you are in no hurry you will probably find cheaper and better in the UK.

What kind of service history does the one you are looking at have? Does it have all the keys including the master key?

If it is well looked after it could be a good one, I had a 97 GTV with 90000 miles on it and it was perfect, but then I spared no expense in keeping her well....

You do need to know what to look for because it does not take long for a poorly maintained one to deteriorate. Check out the buyers guide on this site and also here: Alfa Romeo GTV Buyer's Guide

Good luck...!

'76 Spider -> '93 164 -> '99 146 Junior -> '97 GTV -> '99 Spider....
(Post Link) post #8 of 9 Old 14-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Cheers
I've looked on piston heads and honestly there arent any twinnies in red with tan leather and if there is with the VRT it doesnt actually work out that much better. I the history is really solid, it has always been serviced at the same garage and it was done last August along with its NCT.
I really am 98% convinced of taking the plunge, then it'll be a simple matter of changing my user name to GTV owner!!
(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 14-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

The only thing mechanically wrong with it that I noticed was that the sunroof was buggered, i think it is actually the motor that is gone as it still makes a whirring noise when I pressed the button.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
advise , buying , gtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page