Suspension alignment recommendations - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

 5Likes
  • 1 Post By ed5000
  • 2 Post By ed5000
  • 1 Post By ed5000
  • 1 Post By Mufasa
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
ed5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Wicklow
Posts: 60
Suspension alignment recommendations

Hi folks,

Would anybody be able to recommend somewhere to get a 4 wheel alignment done on my GT in the Wicklow/Dublin area? I have already been to three different "professionals" only to be told the rear is miles out and cannot be adjusted, which is nonsense. Any recommendations for somebody who knows these cars? Thanks!
ed5000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
(Post Link) post #2 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 84,779
Garage
Do Ti Autos do alignment, if not perhaps they could recommend whoever they use ? Worth a phone call.
David P is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
ed5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Wicklow
Posts: 60
Hi David. Thanks for your reply. I tried TI Autos but they are closed until the 24th June. I need to get this sorted before that date unfortunately.
ed5000 is offline  
(Post Link) post #4 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,738
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed5000 View Post
Hi David. Thanks for your reply. I tried TI Autos but they are closed until the 24th June. I need to get this sorted before that date unfortunately.
Don Baker? I know he's a bit further out
Mufasa is offline  
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
ed5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Wicklow
Posts: 60
Hi Mufasa,

I've already tried Don Baker too but he doesn't do rear alignment. I've booked it in to another place locally on Sat after politely! checking that they could do the job. I'm sceptical about my chances of success at this stage but we'll wait and see...
Mufasa likes this.
ed5000 is offline  
(Post Link) post #6 of 9 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
ed5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Wicklow
Posts: 60
Well, it seems my scepticism was misplaced this time. I actually found somewhere where the staff knew what they were doing. I dropped the car off, 40 minutes later it was set up correctly and I left a happy customer. It's nice when things just work out, isn't it?
David P and Mufasa like this.
ed5000 is offline  
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 6 Days Ago
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,738
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed5000 View Post
Well, it seems my scepticism was misplaced this time. I actually found somewhere where the staff knew what they were doing. I dropped the car off, 40 minutes later it was set up correctly and I left a happy customer. It's nice when things just work out, isn't it?
Delighted for you Ed!
Do you still have the Sud?
Mufasa is offline  
(Post Link) post #8 of 9 Old 6 Days Ago Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
ed5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Wicklow
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Delighted for you Ed!
Do you still have the Sud?
Cheers Mufasa! I do still have the Sud. It's taken a back seat for the last couple of years and is in long term secure storage until I get round to my house/garage build. It still needs work, but I've had it 9 years at this stage so it's a very long term project. It's very hard to get anything done when it's not actually on your own premises.
It's one of my life goals to get it back on the road!
Mufasa likes this.
ed5000 is offline  
(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 5 Days Ago
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,738
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed5000 View Post
Cheers Mufasa! I do still have the Sud. It's taken a back seat for the last couple of years and is in long term secure storage until I get round to my house/garage build. It still needs work, but I've had it 9 years at this stage so it's a very long term project. It's very hard to get anything done when it's not actually on your own premises.
It's one of my life goals to get it back on the road!
Mine was languishing for 5 years before I got it painted etc
Delighted I did but I'm still fettling as I go
ed5000 likes this.
Mufasa is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
alignment , recommendations , suspension

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome