Ireland : 2019 Alfa Romeo New Sales/Registrations - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

48Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 83 Old 31-01-19 Thread Starter

County: Cork
Garage
ebay Ireland : 2019 Alfa Romeo New Sales/Registrations

Current AR Ireland Sales Dealerships as listed on the Dealer Locator :

Dan Seaman Motors

Forge Hill
Airport Road
Cork

Phone: 021 4320266
Email: [email protected]

Agnelli Motor Park

Agnelli House
Naas Road
Dublin 12
Dublin

Phone: 01 426 6000
Email: [email protected]
Website: Agnelli Motor Park For Fiat - Chrysler - Jeep - Alfa Romeo

Tractamotors

Blanchardstown
Dublin 15
Co.Dublin

Phone:Nick Crawford on 01 821 6622

Closed as of March 2019
--Clareview Sales

Ennis Road
Limerick
Co.Limerick

Phone:061-221000
Website: Clareview Car Sales, Limerick - Authorised Main Dealers for Fiat, Alfa, Chrysler & Jeep in Limerick--

Removed as of March 2019
--Waterford Motor Village

Waterford Business Park
Cork Road
Waterford

Phone:051 304300
Fax:051 304336
Email:[email protected]

Removed as of February 2019
--McGuigan Motors--

Muckno Street
Castleblaney
Co.Monaghan

Phone: 042 9740144--

--------------------

*Sales/Registration numbers & details
provided by SIMI Motorstats

Last edited by David P; 19-03-19 at 23:07.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 83 Old 01-02-19 Thread Starter

Garage
(Post Link) post #3 of 83 Old 01-02-19 Thread Starter

Garage
(Post Link) post #4 of 83 Old 01-02-19 Thread Starter

Garage
ebay

January : 13 Alfas

Stelvio : 4

Diesel : 4

3 - 2.2 JTD 180hp or 210hp : CO2 Band B1

1 - 2.2 JTD 190hp or 210hp : CO2 Band C

----------

Giulia : 3

Petrol : 1

1 - 2.0 Turbo 200hp or 280hp Veloce : CO2 Band D

Diesel : 2

2 - 2.2 JTD 150bhp or 180bhp : CO2 Band A3

----------

Giulietta : 5

Petrol : 3

3 - 1.4TB 120hp : CO2 Band D

2 - 1.6JTD 120hp : CO2 Band B1

----------

Mito : 1

Diesel : 1

1 - 1.3JTD 95hp : CO2 Band A2

Last edited by David P; 01-05-19 at 10:59.
(Post Link) post #5 of 83 Old 01-02-19 Thread Starter

Garage
4 Stelvio registrations/sales:

Diesel: 4
4 - Dublin 2.2, 2 Grey, 1 Red, 1 White

----------

3 Giulia registrations/sales:

Petrol : 1
1 - Dublin 2.0 Red

2 - Dublin 2.2 Black

----------

5 Giulietta registrations/sales:

Petrol : 3
2 - Dublin 1.4TB, 1 Black, 1 Red
1 - Cork 1.4TB Misano Blue

1 - Dublin 1.6JTD Red
1 - Tipperary 1.6JTD Black

----------

1 Mito registrations/sales:

Diesel : 1
1 - Dublin 1.3JTD Red
(Post Link) post #6 of 83 Old 01-02-19 Thread Starter

Garage
Not a great start to the year but hopefully there might be a bump in the next couple of months for anyone who placed factory orders after the Alfa Test Drive events
alfa1 likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

Giulia QV

Road tax jumping from E to F not good for 2019 Giulia QV cars or did Alfa screw up on the CO2
Fuel consumption figures seem to have improved at the expense of CO2!
(Post Link) post #8 of 83 Old 05-02-19 Thread Starter

Garage
The vast majority, if not all of the engines in the Stelvio, Giulia & Giulietta have moved to a higher tax band. Some have been replaced & some have been removed due to the EU 6.2 emissions targets.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
The vast majority, if not all of the engines in the Stelvio, Giulia & Giulietta have moved to a higher tax band. Some have been replaced & some have been removed due to the EU 6.2 emissions targets.
Oh wow... that's not good news. Will this also affect the VRT for UK imports? I'll likely be changing cars towards the end of this year. I was considering importing a Giulia Veloce, but if this pushes up the VRT, it would put me right off. Higher motor tax also means a Giulia would be more difficult to sell on in the future.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildare Alfa View Post
Oh wow... that's not good news. Will this also affect the VRT for UK imports? I'll likely be changing cars towards the end of this year. I was considering importing a Giulia Veloce, but if this pushes up the VRT, it would put me right off. Higher motor tax also means a Giulia would be more difficult to sell on in the future.
Gone from band C to band D. 390 to 570 roadtax.
(Post Link) post #11 of 83 Old 05-02-19 Thread Starter

Garage
Same for the petrol 1.4TB 120hp in the Giulietta, now the only petrol engine available, a shame to see the MultiAir no longer available.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Myles View Post
Gone from band C to band D. 390 to 570 roadtax.
Yip... I wouldn't lose sleep personally over the extra 180/yr... but it would make it harder to sell down the line.
AO Member

Member car:

Giulia QV

OK none of this was making sense in seeing that the same cars have suddenly higher CO2 emissions thus pushing them on to the next tax band so did some googling!

It seems the test for CO2 has changed recently from an NEDC procedure to an WLTP (Worldwide harmonised Light-duty vehicle Test Cycles) test protocol which is more aggressive to suit modern driving.

This new WLTP test applies to new passenger car models from 1 September 2017, to all passenger cars registered from 1 September 2018 and is mandatory for all EU Member States.

New cars will have both test results until about 2021 when all results will then be just using the WLTP test results. Hopefully cars registered before Sept 2018 continue to dodge this increase!
Kildare Alfa likes this.
AO Member

County: Limerick

Member car:

'98 156 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearse View Post
Road tax jumping from E to F not good for 2019 Giulia QV cars or did Alfa screw up on the CO2 [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/disappointed.gif[/IMG]
If I ever get my hands on a QV then I think it is settled that it will be on a pre 2019 model then. That top tax rate is just sickening.
Mufasa likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

'98 156 V6

[QUOTE=samsemtex;17395071]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearse View Post
Road tax jumping from E to F not good for 2019 Giulia QV cars or did Alfa screw up on the CO2 [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/disappointed.gif[/IMG]
If I ever get my hands on a QV then I think it is settled that it will be on a pre 2019 model then. That top tax rate is just sickening.

Edit: seems it's actually the second highest tax rate. I could probably stomach that as it's the same as my V6. Still though....
(Post Link) post #16 of 83 Old 05-02-19 Thread Starter

Garage
The Stelvio has the honour of being in the highest band G €2350, almost twice the charge of F €1200 !
AO Member

Member car:

'98 156 V6

Quote:
The Stelvio has the honour of being in the highest band G €2350, almost twice the charge of F €1200 !
Ugh and only by 2g of co2! Surely they could get that down with a slight power decrease. These changes to regulations never work in the petrol heads favour, do they?
Club Member
Membro Premio

Oh dear. One step forward, ten steps back. I have just been in with my dealer in Castleblaney, Monaghan, where we bought a Giulia 2 years ago. Time for a change I said. No can do Dermot said. FCA Ireland have pulled the plug on all dealers who have not bought into their new. probably written on a cigarette packet, plan. And Paul Hunt, the much lauded recruit from VAG Ireland, is heading out the door on Friday. So, in effect I cannot get Giulia serviced, or warranty work done, or change it for a new 191 Giulia as per our plan. Unless I drive for 3 hours to a Dublin dealer. And 3 hours back. Assuming of course, that I can find a dealer who is still on the inside. After spending 50k and about to do the same again. Nobody knows who is replacing Hunt, but probably some new company yes man who will immediately order some vastly expensive new signs and balloons to fill up the empty showrooms. What on earth is going on here ? SAAB went bang from a lack of investment and operating cash. This company is largely profitable, the product is now very good, so the blame can, and should, fall fairly and squarely with the management, the actual humans who are being paid vast salary's while running the company into the ground. From what I can gather, the current impasse is in regard to FCA failing to offer the dealers decent assistance to implement the plan, which involves, as usual, having to spend copious amounts of money so that I can get my car serviced in an architecturally designed cathedral while sipping a latte. But in the meantime, I can't get it serviced at all. Basil Faulty would do less damage to a business.
Iluv164v6 and casesensitive like this.
(Post Link) post #19 of 83 Old 06-02-19 Thread Starter

Garage
<--- That about covers the situation :NUTTER: :HEADBANG:

It was only last week I checked the Dealer Locator before starting this thread to see if anything had changed since last year, McGuigan Motors were still listed then. Usually when a company loses or choses to no longer be an Authorised Dealer they keep on as an Authorised Aftersales &/or Service Agent for at least a couple of years for their existing customers in the area !
Club Member
Membro Premio

Under normal circumstances David, that would be the procedure, but my understanding is that this is a standoff. Dealers won't play ball so they lock them out. And the customer can go and jump. I was told a year ago by a service dealer on the southside of Dublin that FCA wanted 60k per annum to continue as a service dealer. Would you be bothered ?
(Post Link) post #21 of 83 Old 06-02-19 Thread Starter

Garage
Madness ! Alfa Ireland should be doing everything possible to keep an Dealer willing to have any association with the brand, be that as a dealer or a service agent.
How do they expect to grow the brand with an even smaller network than they already have, & who would sign up to take on the brand with the current minimal market share, chicken & egg scenario.
Mufasa likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

There are only 3 listed on their site now David. Agnelli, Tractamotors and Clare view.
(Post Link) post #23 of 83 Old 06-02-19 Thread Starter

Garage
Dan Seaman & Waterford Motor Village are also still listed, you need to put in a location further down the country for them to show up
It was a better system before where it listed all Dealers, instead of the current system where you are now required to put in your location & the nearest are shown.
AO Member

Garage
Ah, that's unbelievable. Bunch of muppets. Hopefully it's just a bit of posturing & then common sense will prevail.

Some of the posters on this thread would have a field day with this news!
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057950907
AO Member

Member car:

'98 156 V6

Quote:
Madness ! Alfa Ireland should be doing everything possible to keep an Dealer willing to have any association with the brand, be that as a dealer or a service agent.
How do they expect to grow the brand with an even smaller network than they already have, & who would sign up to take on the brand with the current minimal market share, chicken & egg scenario.
Dealers have to be willing to invest too though to show they are serious about selling cars. I've said it before and I don't like to pick on them but Dan Seaman's is a joke of a garage for a brand like Alfa Romeo. I went in there on Saturday and there was not a single Giulia, Giulietta or Mito on the car lot. Just one Giulia in the showroom. They have loads of them on their Carzone page but none there visible in the flesh. Obviously they just got them in from Alfa Ireland to take photos.

Then you go to Kearys BMW and the place is brimmed with various models including M cars, i3s, new 8 series, etc (all putridly ugly of course but people seem to like them). And the staff are young and enthusiastic. And the showroom is phenomenal. It's bright, it's spotlessly clean and it is really well designed. It's a different league. MSL is not as good but it's still pretty impressive. Same with Lexus. And the customers look well heeled too as that's the environment they like. If you want to attract people who like flashy expensive cars you've to give them what they want.

There was an unused car dealership premises for sale in Little island right in the middle of Mercedes and BMW. Nice big bright glass building with plenty of room for expansion. The fact that Dan Seaman's didn't buy or rent that to me shows they have absolutely no enthusiasm or intention of investing in their business. Their premises is not suitable for any modern dealership. They lost the VW dealership years ago to Blackwater motors because they wouldn't invest. Look at Blackwater motors now compared to Dan Seamans. VW won't let you sell their top end cars unless you invest in your premises.

I wouldn't be impressed with any of the Alfa Dealers as no name second hand car garages, not to mind supposed premium brand retailers. And it's nothing to do with Alfa as a brand. If they are a good car sales company they should be reinvesting anyway. If the Alfas aren't shifting they can always look for another brand. If the current dealers can't or won't do that then they need to find new ones. I'd imagine your Monaghan dealership is much the same?

Last edited by samsemtex; 07-02-19 at 09:36.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
2019 , alfa , ireland , romeo , sales or registrations

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page