Alfisti Test Drive Experience - 18th November Cork - 1st December Naas - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

45Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 69 Old 06-11-18 Thread Starter

County: Cork
Garage
Cool Alfisti Test Drive Experience - 18th November Cork - 1st December Naas

Good news Alfa fans, there will be 2 Alfa Test Drive Events, 1 in Cork & the other in Dublin

The first is in Cork at Fota Island Resort on Sunday 18th November.
See here for details & to book Alfisti | Alfa Romeo

Alfa Test Drive Event Cork 2018.jpg

mick164, Mufasa and Kildare Alfa like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
No 4C this year , can't find anything online about the Dublin event where did you find the details?
(Post Link) post #3 of 69 Old 08-11-18 Thread Starter

Garage
It was on the Alfa Romeo FB page.
I presume they'll announce details of the Dublin event shortly, I'll post details here as soon as I see them.
Mufasa likes this.
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Excellent - going for sure to the Dublin one
Mufasa likes this.
AO Member

County: Limerick

Member car:

'98 156 V6

I'll be there. Looking forward to driving a QF!
David P likes this.
(Post Link) post #6 of 69 Old 15-11-18 Thread Starter

Garage
Same here, my booking was confirmed earlier this morning
Mufasa and samsemtex like this.

Last edited by David P; 15-11-18 at 10:22.
AO Member

No Giulietta there. Wonder why.

Not around so won't be able to pop down but I hope it might make a few people interested.
(Post Link) post #8 of 69 Old 15-11-18 Thread Starter

Garage
Probably no Giuliettas there due to the fact that currently only the 1.6JTDM 120hp diesel & 1.4TB 120hp petrol are available, due to the most recent emissions regulations.

Should be a good day out anyway.
Mufasa likes this.
AO Member

Got my confirmation email this morning for the test drive of the giulia qv😜looking forward to it now🙂🙂suppose I'll have to take down the GTA to it😂
David P likes this.
(Post Link) post #10 of 69 Old 18-11-18 Thread Starter

Garage
Wave

Excellent day at Fota Island Resort, a huge thanks to all the team from Alfa Romeo Ireland & Dan Seaman Motors for organising this & giving us the chance to drive the cars. Also thanks for the goodie bags, a nice bonus.
Hopefully today will convince some more drivers to become Alfaowners

I really enjoyed the test drive of the Giulia Veloce & the Giulia QF is an amazing bit of kit with stunning performance, especially in the hands of someone who knows how the get the most out of it

Great to meet so many Alfaowners today, hopefully we'll see some of you & some new members at some of the future AO meets.

I'll post some pics from today later.
Mufasa likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

'98 156 V6

It was a great day today. I really enjoyed it. Nice to meet yourself David and a few others.

The QF is a serious machine. The speed of it incredible. And it is so composed. Me and David got a passenger spin with a guy who wasn't afraid of the power and he got it quite sideways. It was almost better than driving it yourself as you could take it in a bit better.

But the Veloce is not far off in terms of feel. They are all really nice cars. They get serious attention from other road users. One guy in an Audi in particular was doing serious looking at it when I was driving the Veloce.

I must say I felt just a little inadequate driving off in my 156. I followed the stelvio QF out as I was leaving and they certainly aren't as quiet as they seem from the inside. Great sounds coming off of it.

Oh and the coffee and bruschetta was top notch. 😀

All in all a great day.
David P and Mufasa like this.
(Post Link) post #12 of 69 Old 18-11-18 Thread Starter

Garage
Nice to meet you too & to see some V6 Alfas

Some pics from today here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meet...nd-resort.html
Mufasa and samsemtex like this.
AO Member

I have never experienced power and acceleration like the QV giulia before..what a machine!!! I reckon the licence would be gone in a couple of hours if I could ever afford one😂
Nice to meet ye today lads!
David P likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Any news on a date for Dublin? Can you post the link to the FB page David, for some reason if I search "Alfa Romeo Ireland" in there I end up on a page that looks a lot like the official one (well, it's in Italian...).

Hope they do it, last year I was "sensible" and ended up only booking a drive on a bog standard (diesel) Giulia, thinking of the "others". Not gonna repeat the mistake this time
(Post Link) post #15 of 69 Old 19-11-18 Thread Starter

Garage
Not yet but it probably will be announced shortly now that the Cork event is over. I'll post a link as soon as I get details.

Here's a link to the Alfa Romeo FB page https://www.facebook.com/AlfaRomeoIreland/

I'd suggest taking the Giulia Veloce out first followed by the QF, that's what I did
Mufasa likes this.
AO Member

Yep that's the order I plan on alright , last year I did the QV followed by the 4C...TBH after the 4C i barely remember the QV the 4C is an absolute riot to drive.

I was looking at costs of the Veloce and QV over in the UK and the price difference between there and here is amazing , basically you could get a Veloce now around 5-10k miles on them for 30k + 6500k VRT so all in say 38k, in comparison a brand new Veloce here (None 2nd hand) will run you 55k - 60k that's ridiculas...

Moving to the QV again 2nd hand similar mileage will be around 50k euro to buy and then 25k in VRT , a brand new one here is 105k ...

So , say I buy one in the UK and they base the OMSP at 90k euro but I buy the car in the UK for 50k and have a receipt could you argue their calculation is wrong and look for the correct amount to be paid?

I don't plan on buying one now....but I quite likely will in the next few years...
Mufasa likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

'98 156 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastbreath View Post
Yep that's the order I plan on alright , last year I did the QV followed by the 4C...TBH after the 4C i barely remember the QV the 4C is an absolute riot to drive.

I was looking at costs of the Veloce and QV over in the UK and the price difference between there and here is amazing , basically you could get a Veloce now around 5-10k miles on them for 30k + 6500k VRT so all in say 38k, in comparison a brand new Veloce here (None 2nd hand) will run you 55k - 60k that's ridiculas...

Moving to the QV again 2nd hand similar mileage will be around 50k euro to buy and then 25k in VRT , a brand new one here is 105k ...

So , say I buy one in the UK and they base the OMSP at 90k euro but I buy the car in the UK for 50k and have a receipt could you argue their calculation is wrong and look for the correct amount to be paid?

I don't plan on buying one now....but I quite likely will in the next few years...
I'm surprised the Giulia is on the VRT calculator. VRT on a 20017 Veloce is only €6,500 🤔

Oh no, what have I done by attending that yesterday?
Mufasa likes this.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:

How did you arrive at the 6500 VRT figure? I've been keeping an eye on the VRT website, but I don't see the Veloce listed on their database (only the Super). I know the Veloce is in the same emissions band as the standard 2ltr petrol, but the OMSP also needs to be taken into account. Since there are no used Veloces on the Irish market, it's anybody's guess how Revenue will calculate the Veloce OMSP.
AO Member

Yeah I took it form the super based on the emissions band , they may calculate it off the Super or may off the price you bought it for...Revenue are a bit touch and go it often depends on who you get on the day and how confused they are by what car your presenting...Could well pass as a Super on the right day =)...
(Post Link) post #20 of 69 Old 20-11-18 Thread Starter

Garage
Wave

Next event details announced:

Alfisti Test Drive experience at the Killashee Hotel, Naas from 10am - 3pm on Saturday December 1st

Book your test drive here Alfisti | Alfa Romeo
Mufasa likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Next event details announced:

Alfisti Test Drive experience at the Killashee Hotel, Naas from 10am - 3pm on Saturday December 1st

Book your test drive here Alfisti | Alfa Romeo
Done! Veloce e Quad
David P likes this.
(Post Link) post #22 of 69 Old 20-11-18 Thread Starter

Garage
Excellent taste
AO Member

Member car:

'98 156 V6

Would it be cheeky to take a trip to Naas? 😁
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Quote:

I don't know if they would "change" the OMSP if you have a receipt; I know they look for "extras" to try and charge you more.

Having the itch for something fast and 2 door, I looked into getting a 330i or 335i...found some 2010ish models for around 9-10k in the UK...the Revenue DB only has 2008 models for the 335i, and according to them it's valued 20.000 Euro in Ireland.

As a comparison, there was a very clean 2008 model for sale in Dublin, from a reputable dealer with low mileage, for 7900 Euro and it did not sell for months (I, and I suspect many others, did not consider it due to the many nuances of the N54 engines).
Kildare Alfa likes this.
(Post Link) post #25 of 69 Old 20-11-18 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsemtex View Post
Would it be cheeky to take a trip to Naas? 😁
I'll admit the thought did cross my mind

The temptation is understandable but I'll resist until next year, my bank balance will thank me

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
18th , alfisti , cork , drive , dublin , experience , november , tba , test

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page