Meet in Cork in May on the 17th - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Damien_C

Meet in Cork in May on the 17th

Where we want to meet up?? I was thinking Mahon Point for the non Cork people but I am open to suggestions.

Cheers,

Damien.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

techie

Re: Meet in Cork in May on the 17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
Where we want to meet up?? I was thinking Mahon Point for the non Cork people but I am open to suggestions.

Cheers,

Damien.
What time at Mahon Point though as it can be hectic there , especially on a Saturday??

Damien_C

True enough, Anyone else have suggestions?? Emm 12ish or 13ish myself

techie

What about the greyhound track in Bishopstown? Big carpark and it should be quiet then?

Damien_C

No bothers Hard to find for non Cork people but AA Autoroute should be sorted

AO Silver Member

County: Louth

Member car:

33 16v

I'm a definate for this. Will be heading down friday evening and making a weekend of it with the other half. Any recommendation on a nice hotel in the area?

Whats the plan for the day? Any nice driving roads in the area?
techie

Quote:
No bothers Hard to find for non Cork people but AA Autoroute should be sorted
Ok maybe another place would be Bishopstown Dunnes Stores carpark at back, should be space there on a Saturday?

Fluffy, good to hear you are travelling down, hopefully more Cork owners will let us know that they will attend.

Do you want to stay in the City or outside the city so we can give better suggestions that suit you?

AO Member

County: Cork

howdy true enough about dunnes b town court car park im there every day at that time <i have the pleasure of working there at that time every day for a 30 mins or so > back of car park is generally empty except for sale reps and merchandisers like my self so theres a hell of a lot of room
AO Silver Member

Member car:

33 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by techie View Post
Ok maybe another place would be Bishopstown Dunnes Stores carpark at back, should be space there on a Saturday?

Fluffy, good to hear you are travelling down, hopefully more Cork owners will let us know that they will attend.

Do you want to stay in the City or outside the city so we can give better suggestions that suit you?
Suppose outside the city as a start. Somewhere reasonably close (30-50 mins) from where ever the meet point is. I havent been down that end of the country in 10 years so dont know my **** from my elbow when it comes to getting around.

Last edited by Fluffyduff; 09-05-08 at 07:14.
Damien_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post
I'm a definate for this. Will be heading down friday evening and making a weekend of it with the other half. Any recommendation on a nice hotel in the area?

Whats the plan for the day? Any nice driving roads in the area?
My idea was to get some food and go for a drive anywhere that suits really I'm easy going so whatever ye want to do I'll do. Was thinking of getting a meal if ye where up for that too kinda drive and food thing if ye wish.

I was thinking of heading west like my random drive some great roads down there and fun too.

Quote:

Ya that is handy for me only takes about 15 mins to get there.
What time suits everyone to meet up?? Emm I'm not sure where to reccomend somewhere to stay for you fluffy???

AO Silver Member

Member car:

33 16v

So shall we confirm the meeting point as the dunnes stores carpark in bishopstown?

The other half decided last night that we are staying in the city so ill just let her find somewhere on the web.

As for the plan, eating and driving: My two favorite things (fat guy with an alfa)

Just got her polybushed at the front last night and the alloys are being ordered today so she should be up for some twisty road abuse next saturday
AO Silver Member

Member car:

BMW E92 320D

Wont be able to make it as I said already as I'll be in Manchester next week from tues onwards.
Damien_C

Quote:
So shall we confirm the meeting point as the dunnes stores carpark in bishopstown?

The other half decided last night that we are staying in the city so ill just let her find somewhere on the web.

As for the plan, eating and driving: My two favorite things (fat guy with an alfa)

Just got her polybushed at the front last night and the alloys are being ordered today so she should be up for some twisty road abuse next saturday
That's great o hear fluffy Shall be fun. B'Town it is. What time suits?? I need new lower control arms on me car She be all over the road but we have some fun roads down here

@ Irish 156 next time we will catch you

techie

How's about 11am? By the time we introduce everyone and take the necessary photos etc it should be lunchtime and then a drive

So far then:

2 147's
1 146
1 33

Any others lurking out there with more models?????

AO Member

il be there for work so il call over and say howdy might even have a new car by then all depends how test drive and mechanic report/pre nct goes
Damien_C

Quote:
How's about 11am? By the time we introduce everyone and take the necessary photos etc it should be lunchtime and then a drive

So far then:

2 147's
1 146
1 33

Any others lurking out there with more models?????
My car is the fastest lmao 11 sounds good to me You have my number techie ring me just incase in the morning unlike ye I'm enjoy my sleep lmao

At your mano pop away in.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

33 16v

Be interesting to see how the 1350 boxer compares to the 1400 ts
AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

if the fiat is still alive i'll see if i can get a visa from the missus for a couple of hours and drop down. as long, that is, that no one minds bright blue fiat being there amongst the alfa's
Damien_C

Quote:
Be interesting to see how the 1350 boxer compares to the 1400 ts
It shall be fun all right, must get a cam variator though first as the timing is all over the shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattireland View Post
if the fiat is still alive i'll see if i can get a visa from the missus for a couple of hours and drop down. as long, that is, that no one minds bright blue fiat being there amongst the alfa's
Pop away down Matt shame you still don't have your GTA But your more than welcome to come along as it is Italian you have

AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

Quote:
Pop away down Matt shame you still don't have your GTA But your more than welcome to come along as it is Italian you have
a huge shame damien, a huge shame ...... one day perhaps but not before the 17th
Damien_C

Quote:
a huge shame damien, a huge shame ...... one day perhaps but not before the 17th
I know but sure life moves I'll take you for a spin in my 146 haha not really the same thing but still an Alfa haha. What Fiat are you bringing along?

AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

Quote:
I know but sure life moves I'll take you for a spin in my 146 haha not really the same thing but still an Alfa haha. What Fiat are you bringing along?
coupe 20vt, re-map and super sprint exhaust
Damien_C

Quote:
coupe 20vt, re-map and super sprint exhaust
Very cool I demand a spin in that But I think you will kill us all haha I was trying to rob the old mans Ti but he's going away for the weekend will have it for the next meet

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Very cool I demand a spin in that But I think you will kill us all haha I was trying to rob the old mans Ti but he's going away for the weekend will have it for the next meet

Oh no you wont!
techie

Update:

2 147's
1 146
1 33
1 Alfasud (From Octane.ie )
1 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
17th , cork , meet

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page