Stelvio In Ireland - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

7Likes
  • 1 Post By KrisW
  • 1 Post By Kildare Alfa
  • 1 Post By David P
  • 2 Post By David P
  • 2 Post By AlfaIreland26

(Post Link) post #1 of 19 Old 10-09-17 Thread Starter

County: Cork
Garage
Stelvio In Ireland

Stelvio arrives here in October :IRISH:

https://www.carsireland.ie/reviews/n...-romeo-stelvio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

(Back, after a long break)

For dreamers:

http://carconfigurator.alfaromeo.com...o/default.aspx

I sat in one of these in Arese, and..

My only complaint is that, nice as it is inside, the exterior colour choices look to be pretty rubbish. Nothing as striking as Giulia's Lipari Grey or Monza Red, just a load of pale silver and "Sand" colours.

The "Earth Brown" is probably the only one I'd consider if I had the means - it's a bit like the Bronze colour that was on Giulietta a while back.

...but I'd always regret not being able to have Monza Red or Lipari Grey.
Mufasa likes this.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
(Back, after a long break)

For dreamers:

http://carconfigurator.alfaromeo.com...o/default.aspx

I sat in one of these in Arese, and..

My only complaint is that, nice as it is inside, the exterior colour choices look to be pretty rubbish. Nothing as striking as Giulia's Lipari Grey or Monza Red, just a load of pale silver and "Sand" colours.

The "Earth Brown" is probably the only one I'd consider if I had the means - it's a bit like the Bronze colour that was on Giulietta a while back.

...but I'd always regret not being able to have Monza Red or Lipari Grey.
I don't understand why they don't make the 200bhp petrol engine available. The price differential between entry level model diesel vs. petrol is over €10k. Diesel €47,295. Petrol (Super version with 280bhp etrol engine from Giluia Veloce) €57,775.
Mufasa likes this.
(Post Link) post #4 of 19 Old 25-09-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Looks like the 200bhp petrol version & others will be available to order in October All-new Alfa Romeo?s Stelvio SUV on the way - Autotrade.ie
Kildare Alfa likes this.
(Post Link) post #5 of 19 Old 28-09-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Wave

I saw the Stelvio today in Dan Seaman Motors & took it for a test drive, this is the one Alfa Romeo Stelvio | Dan Seaman Motors

Firstly it's a very good looking motor, today was a bit cloudy & dull but the Vesuvio Grey worked well with the choice of alloys fitted & the red calipers added a nice bit of contrast.
The interior is also a nice place to be, the materials & finishes seem very good & the colour combination works well, it's also a comfortable place to be with plenty of space.

As for the drive, well the Giulia gets great reviews for the handling, the same should apply to the Stelvio as it's based on the Giulia, yes it's bigger but it still seems very planted & stable. I drove the 2.2 JTD 210hp AWD & that's got plenty of power, especially in D, you do really need to keep an eye on the speed, it's so smooth that you don't get the sense of how fast you are travelling. This model had the aluminium gear change paddles fitted, they are a really nice touch & a joy to use.

I'm not in the market for a SUV but if I was I think it's safe to say I'd be more than happy to sign on the dotted line for a Stelvio.

Finally a big thanks to Gavin for letting me have a go in the Stelvio, it's much appreciated If anyone is in the market for one, I'm sure Gavin & the rest of the crew will see after you, tell him I sent you & that I'm looking for commission this time

IMG_20170928_134143.jpg IMG_20170928_134310.jpg IMG_20170928_140251.jpg

IMG_20170928_134358.jpg IMG_20170928_140319.jpg IMG_20170928_140333.jpg
mick164 and Mufasa like this.
(Post Link) post #6 of 19 Old 28-09-17 Thread Starter

Garage
(Post Link) post #7 of 19 Old 29-09-17 Thread Starter

Garage
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

You must have been there an hour or so before me... I was going up Forge Hill on Saturday, saw the Stelvio and took a sharp detour

I'd agree with everything. It's not quite as stuck to the road as the Giulia, but you only end up thinking that because you forget that it's not a car at all. An SUV shouldn't be this good to steer - there are cars that don't drive as well as this. The other thing is the engine: it's absolutely whisper-quiet at standstill, even quieter than the 180 diesel in the Giulia - When I started it up, I had to check where the redline was on the rev gauge to be sure if it was a petrol or diesel.

That's the good, now the bad. The price! Around €57k, give or take. That's actually pretty good value for this size of vehicle with AWD: Jaguar want nearly 60k for the equivalent F-Pace, which is not as powerful (and has a way cheaper cabin), and the Germans want various amounts over 60k.

My wife liked it more than the Giulia due to the higher driving position and slightly more space inside (that could be due to the Stelvio having a nicer interior than the "black-and-black-and-black" interior of the Guilia we tried).

If I was still driving long distances, and came into a bit of money, I would seriously consider one, though. The finance/lease deal isn't bad at the moment either: 2.9% PCP or 0% finance.

By the way, the 200bhp Petrol model mentioned above is already on the pricelist and configurator: Super trim only, and only in AWD, it costs €57k (it's in VRT band D just like the 280, so it's hit with 27%; the diesels are all in band A4 or B for 17 or 18% VRT)
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
And a Stelvio review From Alfa to Stelvio: why the Italian marque's first SUV holds real promise - Independent.ie
Interesting, first time I read an article in English about Alfa Romeo that doesn't mention "reliability" anywhere. Yep, I searched.

I have to be honest 'though - it only took me to line 3 to laugh quite hard:

Quote:
Here in Ireland, we're more concerned about driving dynamics
Yeah, that explains why there are so many Dacia around...fierce beasts, those things!

Last edited by H3llR4iser; 09-10-17 at 15:40.
(Post Link) post #10 of 19 Old 09-10-17 Thread Starter

Garage
The Stelvio QF's new Nurburgring record got a mention on Saturday's Irish Examiner

IMG_20171009_224627.jpg

I was there about 1:45 on Thursday Kris, I'd only seen the new post on FB saying the Stelvio had landed so decided I'd check it out as I was in the area.
I was the first to take the Stelvio for a test drive apart from the staff.

Valid point about the Dacias H3llR4iser
(Post Link) post #11 of 19 Old 09-10-17 Thread Starter

Garage
AO Member

Jesus how some of these boys get jobs writing articles on cars is beyond me...

Line 2
'Here in Ireland, we're more concerned about driving dynamics'

Later lines
'I think most buyers will be better off with the diesel and its better fuel economy and range.'

You know nothing of Alfa plank...jog back to reviewing more 320 tractors..
(Post Link) post #13 of 19 Old 12-10-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs Up

Dan Seaman Motors had a Montecarlo Blue Stelvio Milano Edizione in Mahon Point SC today (along with a Giulia, Giulietta & Mito) It looked great in that colour on the 20" alloys with the yellow calipers & the dark tinted rear side windows I saw lots of people stopping to have a look at it (& the Giulia) while I was around

Image00005.jpg Image00009.jpg

Image00010.jpg Image00018.jpg

And some better quality pics from Dan Seaman Motors FB page

Stelvio Milano Mahon.jpg Stelvio Milano Mahon 2.jpg
(Post Link) post #14 of 19 Old 13-10-17 Thread Starter

Garage
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Dan Seaman Motors had a Montecarlo Blue Stelvio Milano Edizione in Mahon Point SC today (along with a Giulia, Giulietta & Mito)
Meh, when I worked next door to MP SC, they only ever had some Avensis and the Automobile Antichrist itself - the Prius- in there. I'm 100% sure now they did it on purpose because they knew chances were I'd be around over lunch break!
AO Member

County: -
Out and about in Dublin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20171110-WA0004_1510355732200.jpg (134.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20171110-WA0006_1510355740854.jpg (139.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20171110-WA0005_1510355749688.jpg (152.2 KB, 12 views)
David P and mick164 like this.
(Post Link) post #17 of 19 Old 11-11-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Looking great A good way to get the Stelvio seen, hopefully it'll increase awareness of it & the brand

I'd be willing to drive a Stelvio or Giulia around Cork city & county to promote the brand if anyone wants to give me one, stickers or no stickers
AO Silver Member

..i wouldn't usually be an SUV-type of guy, but the Stelvio does look really great in the flesh. Enough to turn a man i'd even say
(Post Link) post #19 of 19 Old 31-07-18 Thread Starter

Garage

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
ireland , stelvio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page