AO Ireland - Dungarvan To The Vee : 18th June - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

AO Ireland - Dungarvan To The Vee : 18th June
Calendar: Event Calendar
David P  
18-06-17
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Here's the details for the trip to the Vee.

We'll meet up in Dungarvan just off the Strandside Roundabout at the carpark beside the playground & Eurospar between 12pm & 12:30pm for a chat & a chance to grab a bite to eat (there's a deli in the Eurospar) before departing for the drive sometime between 12:30 & 1pm

From Dungarvan we'll head through Cappoquin towards Lismore & then up to the Vee where we'll stop for a few pics & a chat at the lay by overlooking Bay Lough, then on to the hairpin for another quick stop before heading on towards Cahir via Clogheen where there's the option to have a meal or head away depending on what people want to do. If anyone wants to make any suggestions of where to eat etc. please do.

Here's the route https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...g.k3pNl4TxcG0s

And here's a few pics from our last trip to the Vee to encourage you all to make the trip https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...ne-2016-a.html

Hopefully we'll see some more new faces as well as a few familiar faces for this year's trip to the Vee, as ever all are welcome so come along & don't forget to RSVP

So that's Sunday 18th June, meeting in Dungarvan just off the Strandside Roundabout in the carpark beside the Eurospar/playground at 12pm.
Sat nav co-ordinates for meeting point in Dungarvan 52.092902,-7.617346

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

alfaowner.com and its recognised representatives accept no responsibility for the condition of members' cars, the legality of the drivers and the manner in which the vehicles are driven.
Members should keep their vehicles in a road worthy condition. Vehicles should be driven within the limitations of the road conditions and legal speed limit. Any driver who wishes to do otherwise does so at their own risk.

AO Ireland - Dungarvan To The Vee : 18th June
Calendar: Event Calendar
David P  
18-06-17
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Here's the details for the trip to the Vee.

We'll meet up in Dungarvan just off the Strandside Roundabout at the carpark beside the playground & Eurospar between 12pm & 12:30pm for a chat & a chance to grab a bite to eat (there's a deli in the Eurospar) before departing for the drive sometime between 12:30 & 1pm

From Dungarvan we'll head through Cappoquin towards Lismore & then up to the Vee where we'll stop for a few pics & a chat at the lay by overlooking Bay Lough, then on to the hairpin for another quick stop before heading on towards Cahir via Clogheen where there's the option to have a meal or head away depending on what people want to do. If anyone wants to make any suggestions of where to eat etc. please do.

Here's the route https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...g.k3pNl4TxcG0s

And here's a few pics from our last trip to the Vee to encourage you all to make the trip https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...ne-2016-a.html

Hopefully we'll see some more new faces as well as a few familiar faces for this year's trip to the Vee, as ever all are welcome so come along & don't forget to RSVP

So that's Sunday 18th June, meeting in Dungarvan just off the Strandside Roundabout in the carpark beside the Eurospar/playground at 12pm.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

alfaowner.com and its recognised representatives accept no responsibility for the condition of members' cars, the legality of the drivers and the manner in which the vehicles are driven.
Members should keep their vehicles in a road worthy condition. Vehicles should be driven within the limitations of the road conditions and legal speed limit. Any driver who wishes to do otherwise does so at their own risk.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paddy OPlastic

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 19 Old 23-05-17 Thread Starter

County: Cork
Garage
See you Sunday 18th June, meeting in Dungarvan just off the Strandside Roundabout in the carpark beside the Eurospar/playground at 12pm.

Dungarvan meeting point.jpg DSC_4490.jpg

DSC_4498.jpg DSC_4519.jpg

Last edited by David P; 26-05-17 at 12:57.
(Post Link) post #3 of 19 Old 04-06-17 Thread Starter

Garage
2 weeks to go until the Vee meet.
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare
Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

I won't be able to make it
It was only after I put my name down to work next Sunday that I realised the Vee was on
(Post Link) post #5 of 19 Old 13-06-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Doh !
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare
Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Doh !
I'd have been in a diesel 159 anyway so I won't feel like Im missing much. Working 7 days straight so the gtv can go on the road from July
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortho View Post
I'd have been in a diesel 159 anyway so I won't feel like Im missing much. Working 7 days straight so the gtv can go on the road from July
I'm willing to bet the 159 oil burner burns less oil than the GTV TS.
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

I won't make it as the car seems to have a bad whine from the gearbox so it's off the road for a period
(Post Link) post #9 of 19 Old 17-06-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Sorry to hear that, hopefully it's back on the road without too much cost.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

**** life - I got the worst cold I can remember in the last 10 years. I've spent the last 24 hours fighting a sore throat, cough, fever and a runny nose - with 28 degrees outside. Pure joy. And of course, when the Vee drive is on.

Unless some miracle happens before tomorrow morning, I'm afraid I won't be able to go anywhere this week end
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
I won't make it as the car seems to have a bad whine from the gearbox so it's off the road for a period
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3llR4iser View Post
**** life - I got the worst cold I can remember in the last 10 years. I've spent the last 24 hours fighting a sore throat, cough, fever and a runny nose - with 28 degrees outside. Pure joy. And of course, when the Vee drive is on.

Unless some miracle happens before tomorrow morning, I'm afraid I won't be able to go anywhere this week end
Dammit. I was looking forward to seeing you both.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

And Scortho too, of course.
(Post Link) post #13 of 19 Old 17-06-17 Thread Starter

Garage
What Paddy said.

Bad timing H3llR4iser, not that there's a good time to be sick, hope you're feeling better soon.

Car washed, tank full & camera battery charged, see ye tomorrow, don't forget the sunscreen & watch out for silage machinery on the roads tomorrow, especially on the narrow back roads
(Post Link) post #14 of 19 Old 18-06-17 Thread Starter

Garage
If anyone wants to post some pics from today please post them here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...ne-2017-a.html
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Back home safe and sound. A lovely sunny day for a roam around the Irish countryside. Big thanks as usual to David for wicked organisational skilz.
David P likes this.
(Post Link) post #16 of 19 Old 18-06-17 Thread Starter

Garage
I really enjoyed today, hope the rest of ye did also & thanks for making the trip We had perfect weather for it, if anything it was too hot, the tar was really melting & sticking to the tyres on the way home west of Ballyporeen

I probably added a few miles to the trip home Paddy taking us into Mitchelstown, I think I missed a sign at the double roundabouts, I saw Cork signposted on the approach but not on at the roundabout :HEADBANG: And I just finished a Magnum to make up for missing out on the last one earlier

Some pics from today uploaded here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...ne-2017-a.html
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
I really enjoyed today, hope the rest of ye did also & thanks for making the trip We had perfect weather for it, if anything it was too hot, the tar was really melting & sticking to the tyres on the way home west of Ballyporeen

I probably added a few miles to the trip home Paddy taking us into Mitchelstown, I think I missed a sign at the double roundabouts, I saw Cork signposted on the approach but not on at the roundabout :HEADBANG: And I just finished a Magnum to make up for missing out on the last one earlier

Some pics from today uploaded here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...ne-2017-a.html
I'm not sure there is an interchange onto the motorway north of Michelstown David. I missed any signage too if there was any.

Top day out.
(Post Link) post #18 of 19 Old 18-06-17 Thread Starter

Garage
I just looked at a map & I'd say you are right about that.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Hey guys, nice to hear the trip went well!
I'm now back in the land of the living - whatever was that I got over the last 4/5 days, stay away from it, it's horrid. At least I got a couple of days off work, if that's any better.

Glad to hear the trip went well - I'm still bummed about not being able to make it, the Vee one is also the most convenient from here (it's "only" a couple hours drive to Dungarvan). Hopefully, next time will be the charm!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
18th , dungarvan , ireland , june , vee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page