AO Ireland - Killarney To The Healy Pass : 4th Sept - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

AO Ireland - Killarney To The Healy Pass : 4th Sept
Calendar: Event Calendar
David P  
04-09-16
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Time to organise the next Killarney to Moll's Gap & Healy Pass meet.

We'll meet up in the Tesco car park (east of the town) in Killarney at 12pm for a chat & maybe a quick bite to eat before departing sometime between 12:30 & 1pm.
There's a Costa Coffee behind the Tesco.

From Killarney it's off to Moll's Gap stopping at Ladies View (there's a café there http://www.ladiesview.com/ ) & again at the Gap.
Then on to Kenmare where depending what people want we can stop or head straight onto the start of the Healy Pass where there's a lay-by at Lauragh where we can again stop before starting up the Pass.

Once we get down to the end of the Pass we'll stop at the school just before Adrigole where we can head home from there or head to Glengarriff for a bite to eat if that's what people want.

Here's a Google Map of the suggested route including sat nav co-ordinates of the meeting point.

Here's a few pics from last year's meet https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...pt-2015-a.html

The Killarney meet has always a good day out so hopefully we'll see a few familiar faces as well as some new faces attending, also if anyone has any suggestions for the day speak up. As ever all are welcome so come along & get your RSVPs in.

So that's Sunday 4th September at 12pm in Tesco car park Killarney on the east side of the town (sat nav co-ordinates 52.062861, -9.494323 off the R876)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

alfaowner.com and its recognised representatives accept no responsibility for the condition of members' cars, the legality of the drivers and the manner in which the vehicles are driven.
Members should keep their vehicles in a road worthy condition. Vehicles should be driven within the limitations of the road conditions and legal speed limit. Any driver who wishes to do otherwise does so at their own risk.

AO Ireland - Killarney To The Healy Pass : 4th Sept
Calendar: Event Calendar
David P  
04-09-16
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Time to organise the next Killarney to Moll's Gap & Healy Pass meet.

We'll meet up in the Tesco car park (east of the town) in Killarney at 12pm for a chat & maybe a quick bite to eat before departing sometime between 12:30 & 1pm.
There's a Costa Coffee behind the Tesco.

From Killarney it's off to Moll's Gap stopping at Ladies View (there's a café there http://www.ladiesview.com/ ) & again at the Gap.
Then on to Kenmare where depending what people want we can stop or head straight onto the start of the Healy Pass where there's a lay-by at Lauragh where we can again stop before starting up the Pass.

Once we get down to the end of the Pass we'll stop at the school just before Adrigole where we can head home from there or head to Glengarriff for a bite to eat if that's what people want.

Here's a Google Map of the suggested route including sat nav co-ordinates of the meeting point.

Here's a few pics from last year's meet https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...pt-2015-a.html

The Killarney meet has always a good day out so hopefully we'll see a few familiar faces as well as some new faces attending, also if anyone has any suggestions for the day speak up. As ever all are welcome so come along & get your RSVPs in.

So that's Sunday 4th September at 12pm in Tesco car park Killarney on the east side of the town (sat nav co-ordinates 52.062861, -9.494323 off the R876)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

alfaowner.com and its recognised representatives accept no responsibility for the condition of members' cars, the legality of the drivers and the manner in which the vehicles are driven.
Members should keep their vehicles in a road worthy condition. Vehicles should be driven within the limitations of the road conditions and legal speed limit. Any driver who wishes to do otherwise does so at their own risk.

4Likes

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 58 Old 28-07-16 Thread Starter

County: Cork
Garage
So that's Sunday 4th September at 12pm in Tesco Car park on the east side of Killarney.

Get your RSVPs submitted if you are planning on attending so you'll get a reminder for the event as well as a notification of any last minute changes.
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Should be there, unless the NCT gives me some bad surprises on August 27th!
David P likes this.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Looks okay for me at the moment...
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare
Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

Ive a thesis to write and its due that evening so theres no way I can commit to it unfortunately

Enjoys lads and take plenty of snaps
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortho View Post
Ive a thesis to write and its due that evening so theres no way I can commit to it unfortunately

I was going to get my hair cut specially.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

So, I got one arm changed today but when I tried to move the shock absorber sleeve on the passenger's side it quite literally vomited the plastic buffer stop on me, in a million tiny pieces. Now I know exactly what that annoying "crunching" noise coming from there was!

Off to TI next week to get new front shocks (and get the new LH upper wishbone fitted, it's now sitting in the boot).
AO Member

County: Armagh
Garage
Hi there !
I'm thinking of joining you guys that day
I have question for you: is there any cheap hostel around that you could recommend me ?
I would come the day before and have rest after long drive from Belfast :-)

Cheers.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by maly85 View Post
Hi there !
I'm thinking of joining you guys that day
I have question for you: is there any cheap hostel around that you could recommend me ?
I would come the day before and have rest after long drive from Belfast :-)

Cheers.
I don't have any experience of any hostels but Killarney does have one or two...

Hostels in Killarney - Choose from 22 Killarney Hostels with Hostelworld

I hope to see you. Going to be a hell of a journey back on Sunday evening though.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy OPlastic View Post
I don't have any experience of any hostels but Killarney does have one or two...

Hostels in Killarney - Choose from 22 Killarney Hostels with Hostelworld

I hope to see you. Going to be a hell of a journey back on Sunday evening though.
I know that's why I really don't know if this trip is wort the hassle.
5h driving back home

Too bad nothing similar happening here in NI :/
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
5h driving back home

If you don't have to be somewhere on Monday you could crash here Sunday night. We're a good 5 1/2 hours from Belfast though.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
If you don't have to be somewhere on Monday you could crash here Sunday night. We're a good 5 1/2 hours from Belfast though.
I'll think about it
(Post Link) post #13 of 58 Old 08-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
5h driving back home

That'd be a big trek all the way down from Belfast to Killarney for a meet You're more than welcome though if you decide to make the trip.

It might be worth bumping your thread & maybe posting in the chat & intro threads in the NI section to see if you can get any interest from the locals
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
I'll think about it
You'd be most welcome. We are about the farthest it's possible to get from Antrim on this island but it's pretty nice around here.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
That'd be a big trek all the way down from Belfast to Killarney for a meet You're more than welcome though if you decide to make the trip.

It might be worth bumping your thread & maybe posting in the chat & intro threads in the NI section to see if you can get any interest from the locals
Sadly I have to say that in NI there is no one who is Interested in meets and stuff so no luck with that.
That's why Im looking for Alfa enthusiasts and meetings in Ireland :-)

I'll ask my few of my friends to go with me :-)
We will see what will they say...
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Sadly I have to say that in NI there is no one who is Interested in meets and stuff so no luck with that.
That's why Im looking for Alfa enthusiasts and meetings in Ireland :-)

I'll ask my few of my friends to go with me :-)
We will see what will they say...
It would be more convenient for you if you could persuade the Leinster lot out of their shells. They're a bit strange on that side of the country all right but they won't eat you.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Quote:
It would be more convenient for you if you could persuade the Leinster lot out of their shells. They're a bit strange on that side of the country all right but they won't eat you.
Yeah should actually get on and figure something out. Problem is, I have no knowledge of the country/hillside/generic good driving roads around here, so the itinerary might be a bit of an issue (unless we want to do a night of "tunnel runs", did the whole length of it in 3rd gear a few days ago and even with the overly-civilized exhaust on the JTS, it's "aurally pleasant"...want to hear a Busso under there! ).

On unrelated news, the good lads at TI were fully booked until August 25th (it's actually great to hear they have so much business!)...so only two days to sort everything out, fingers crossed!

Last edited by H3llR4iser; 10-08-16 at 09:03.
(Post Link) post #18 of 58 Old 10-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage
I've revived this thread https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...l#post15153913 to see if there's any interest & to organise something if there is.

Good luck with the NCT
(Post Link) post #19 of 58 Old 10-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortho View Post

Good luck with the thesis

Will do
(Post Link) post #20 of 58 Old 21-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage
2 weeks to the Killarney Meet, anyone else planning on making the trip ?
AO Member

May take the 159 down for a spin if I'm around, wont know for sure till closer to the date (y)
(Post Link) post #22 of 58 Old 27-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage
Hopefully you can make it.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Snap folks, NCT says no...snapped rear right coil spring. Ordered it but there's no way I'd manage to get it delivered, installed and retest done by the 4th, I'm afraid - bummer as the Healy Pass drive is lovely.

Enjoy and take lots of pictures!!!
(Post Link) post #24 of 58 Old 29-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage
That seems to be getting to be a more common issue on the 159 Hopefully it'll fly through the NCT once it's sorted.

Pity you can't make Killarney, hopefully we'll see you at the next one.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3llR4iser View Post
Snap folks, NCT says no...snapped rear right coil spring. Ordered it but there's no way I'd manage to get it delivered, installed and retest done by the 4th, I'm afraid - bummer as the Healy Pass drive is lovely.

Enjoy and take lots of pictures!!!
Real Alfisti have a spare Alfa for such occasions.

Sad you can't make it mate.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
4th , healy , ireland , killarney , pass , sept

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page