Flipping Renault coil packs!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 22-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Flipping Renault coil packs!!

I'm a sucker for punishment me thinks!! An Alfa and a stupid french Megane Scenic.

got in it earlier to fill it up, came out of the petrol station and started it up and it develops a missfire, and the dash board is telling me "electronis fault" service light flashing etc etc.

Basically being a complete over dramitic frenchman about a coil pack giving up. Now this happened about 2 weeks after we brought the car a few months back and AvailableCar.com did it all under warrenty in about 1 hour. Changing 2 of the four coil packs! appologised profusley that it had happend and even paid for the recovery truck to collect it from our house!

Unfortunatly it's no longer under warrenty (but i'll be taking it to availablecar.com as they were very very good last time). Now i'm wondering if anyone has an idea of what the costs might be. I'm guessing around an hours labour, but I don't know what the parts are?!!

Any help is appreciatted, but if you just wanna slag off Renaults that's all good too!!!

Why do people drive anything else?

If you cut me in half an Alfa would roar out and run you over! You've been warned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

mudhut

Re: Flipping Renault coil packs!!

Well the Bosch Alfa ones are somewhere between £60 an £70 each for the V6 engines.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page