ieverything. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 26 Old 20-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 147

ieverything.

First they give us the i-pod, then the i-phone, then every satan worshipping advertising slime bag labels anything with an i in front of it. i-pants. i-bigmac. i-vibrator. i-wife; i-cant be bothered... I'm losing the will to i-live!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

emgee

Re: ieverything.

The whole thing can give you i-strain.

AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

I'm with you there. I recently got an iPod Shuffle as a "freebie" for joining Tesco DVD Rental.

I've always thought Apple stuff was clearly good to use and well designed, but been put off by the prices, the hype and the smugness of (some) Mac users, not to mention the ponciness. However, I was willing to join the club and have a go.

So I plugged it into my laptop and transferred a few MP3s in Windows Explorer then tried to listen to them.

No chance.

As you will probably all be aware - but I wasn't - you can only listen to music on iPods that has been synched via iTunes.

WTF!

My entire music collection is on my PC hooked to my 5.1 Tuner and big TV, and I access it through Windows Media Center and Media Player, so I'm damned if I'm going to install iTunes as well and convert it all just to listen to it on the iPod!

Bloody Apple/Microsoft wars = Pathetic.

This has all just confirmed me in my earlier view and kept me away from Apple yet again. I've now gone back to my far less sexy but more functional Creative Zen (with FM radio that the iPod lacks) at a much cheaper price.

Or am I missing something......?

Ian
mudhut

... and posted by i-carlisle

AO Platinum Member

County: Newport

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarlisle View Post
I'm with you there. I recently got an iPod Shuffle as a "freebie" for joining Tesco DVD Rental.

I've always thought Apple stuff was clearly good to use and well designed, but been put off by the prices, the hype and the smugness of (some) Mac users, not to mention the ponciness. However, I was willing to join the club and have a go.

So I plugged it into my laptop and transferred a few MP3s in Windows Explorer then tried to listen to them.

No chance.

As you will probably all be aware - but I wasn't - you can only listen to music on iPods that has been synched via iTunes.

WTF!

My entire music collection is on my PC hooked to my 5.1 Tuner and big TV, and I access it through Windows Media Center and Media Player, so I'm damned if I'm going to install iTunes as well and convert it all just to listen to it on the iPod!

This has all just confirmed me in my earlier view and kept me away from Apple yet again. I've now gone back to my far less sexy but more functional Creative Zen (with FM radio that the iPod lacks) at a much cheaper price.

Ian
Try downloading stuff off alltunes

Whats wrong with a good old fashioned 8 track anyway.

AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhut View Post
... and posted by i-carlisle

Oh 5h1t! Didn't spot that. Do you think I should copyright it before Steve Jobs does?
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:

No chance.

WTF!

Ian
Spot on. Can't accuse Microsoft of trying to dominate the market after all
emgee

Quote:
Oh 5h1t! Didn't spot that. Do you think I should copyright it before Steve Jobs does?
A solicitor's letter is probably already on its way to you.

Just be grateful you dodn't choose easycarlisle.

AO Gold Member

County: Cheshire
Garage

Member car:

AstraBox

Ive got an IRiver
AO Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

Rosso/Tan GTV V6

yes it is total ****! I used to do industrial design at university and can remember the collective groan if someone decided to name their ideas in this way.
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanerz View Post
First they give us the i-pod, then the i-phone, then every satan worshipping advertising slime bag labels anything with an i in front of it. i-pants. i-bigmac. i-vibrator. i-wife; i-cant be bothered... I'm losing the will to i-live!!
Kanerz - Where can I get an i-vibrator? I never know what to get the wife for Christmas
AO Silver Member

You actually don't have to sign up for i-Tunes in order to copy your own MP3s onto your i-Pod.
Yes, you need the i-Tunes program installing on the PC you connect your i-Pod to, but you can select NEVER to connect to i-Tunes over the internet. I bought myself one when I was in the States in November, and am half way through copying my entire record/tape/CD collection of music onto it. It's pretty nifty and quick to do, once you master the rather un-intuitive menu system.
I'm now a convert - It was half the price of here, and it plays beautifully through my Blue+ME connection.

"The best way to make a small fortune out of motor racing............is to spend a large fortune" Briggs Cunningham.
emgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivers71 View Post
Kanerz - Where can I get an i-vibrator? I never know what to get the wife for Christmas
Does the use of an i-vibrator actually involve anyone else?

AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivers71 View Post
You actually don't have to sign up for i-Tunes in order to copy your own MP3s onto your i-Pod.
Yes, you need the i-Tunes program installing on the PC you connect your i-Pod to, but you can select NEVER to connect to i-Tunes over the internet. I bought myself one when I was in the States in November, and am half way through copying my entire record/tape/CD collection of music onto it. It's pretty nifty and quick to do, once you master the rather un-intuitive menu system.
I'm now a convert - It was half the price of here, and it plays beautifully through my Blue+ME connection.
Thanks for the info - I didn't realise you didn't have to connect to iTunes. To be honest, I'm perfectly happy with Media Center/Player and don't really want to have iTunes installed as well (plus a lot of my music is WMA format so there's a whole other can of worms!).

In the end, I did install iTunes on my laptop just to see what all the fuss was about, but what put me right off was that in order to register my iPod, I had to go through the iTunes registration and they demand a credit card! Even though I'm not going to buy any music from them! WTF!

Far simpler to ebay the iPod and use any other player on the market. As far as I can see, all you're getting with iPod is good design and finish, but no FM radio and the inability to play WMAs or use it with Media Player. Even an eBuyer Value 10 player will do that!

Ian
Ant
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 92

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

I love my (three!) iPods.

I wish they had invented them sooner.
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Essex

Ipods are the best!!!
AO Platinum Member

i believe
AO Rosso Alfa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelread View Post
i believe
Very good!
AO Member

County: Bristol

i-caramba!
AO Silver Member

Carlisle

I did register my iPod the first time I ran iTunes, but there is the option NEVER to register on the welcome page. I run it on several PCs and only registered it on one. They all allow me to copy tracks on to it manually. Of course it tries to encourage you to sign up for iTunes cos that's how they make their money (apart from the high prices of the player itself) but I have never paid to download any music - Most of the stuff I like is available elsewhere, and I don't begrudge registering (at a cost) on those specific sites.
The latest X-Factor winners single does not interest me in the slightest, I'm afraid! (and I bought the Kirsty McColl/Pogues about 20 years ago) Keep music live, I say!
Happy Christmas everyone
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

i got i-sodall i don't do techy stuff.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell811 View Post
i got i-sodall i don't do techy stuff.
EddieGTA

Not forgetting the i-rack

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

mudhut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
Brilliant

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post

[YOUTUBE]rw2nkoGLhrE[/YOUTUBE]