Road Rage - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

(Post Link) post #1 of 38 Old 05-12-07 Thread Starter
Voo
AO Silver Member

County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

GT

Madness Road Rage

So there I was late last night making my way home through London driving my other halfs little Corsa and I come down a slip road to join the dual carriageway. I check the mirror and start indicating and in the inside lane of the dual carriageway was a people carrier.

It was too close for me to pull out so I slow down to pull out behind it. Then the people carrier slows down, so I slow down even more and they do the same !.

At this point I think ok if your looking for me to pull out I will put my foot down a little and go. They then speed up !!

By this time I'm at the end of the slip road almost down to a stop.

There wasn't even anything in the outside lane and they could have easily have moved over to let me out.

The next thing I know the red mist has desended and I'm calling them all the names under the sun.

Its most unlike me as all my friends will vouch that I'm so laid back I'm almost horizontal, but that numpty had deliberatly blocked me from entering the carriageway.

When I did eventualy get out the people carrier took off leaving us to carry on to trundle our way home.

I'm ashamed to say that had I have been my car I would have been after them to give them a piece of my mind as I was so angry.

But hey todays another day and horizontal mode has been restored
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Cheshire
Re: Road Rage

People just don't like those Corsa's

Never mind at least you are none-the-worse for it

They'll get theirs too
EddieGTA

Reminds me of the time I lost the plot slightly.

I was heading to the A2 from Dartford and it is a long slip road that merges with traffic from Bluewater shopping centre coming in from the left. At the time I was here everyone was heading out of Bluewater so the left hand lane is chock full with traffic. I have no choice but to come accross and merge in from the right hand lane, and there isn't much traffic from Dartford.

I did the decent thing and didn't barge my way in right at the front but found a sensible place where there was a gap about half way down, so I indicate and go to pull in only to find the daft cow in the left hand lane doesn't want me to and surges forward trying to block me. I think WTF?? and manage to get in only then have her and her chav offspring giving me rude gestures.

The mist decended and once on the A2 let them past and followed them, taking me completely out my way of the A2 again as I was furious and had every intention of stopping and giving them a mouthful when they stopped, but gave up after calming down a bit.

HSTDriver

Driving in London, road rage is a daily occurance. Giving someone the finger, or telling them to go ****** themselves is as widely accepted as indication or a toot on the horn

AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire

I once chased someone who I thought had tried to run me into cars parked in my lane by keeping pace with me.

Turned out he was about 80 and didn't seem to be all there hence completely oblivious of me and everything around him and had no clue why I was so angry.
AO Platinum Member

I guess we all have those sort of moments from time to time
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

the other week I had some numpty overtake me at the end of a 30 zone (if he'd waited 5 seconds until we actually GOT to the end of the 30 zone, I'd have been accelerating faster than he was capable of anyway), across double whites, just before a dip in the road, which DID contain another car. He missed both me and the oncoming car by inches, and only that because I slammed the anchors on.
I was livid, and chased him with horn a blowing and lights a flashing for a short distance, and every intention of following him and asking if he now realised what double white lines meant.
Luckily, from that point to Congleton is 5 miles, and I'd cooled down way before then.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
happy man

I get that all the time

If its red and sporty don't let it out

emgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
from that point to Congleton is 5 miles
Which way? As a resident of God's Little Acre myself I have regular near-death experiences on the Congy-Macc road. The Sandbach road has a couple of tempting half-chances, too.

But I'm guessing it's the long straight going into Marton on the A34.

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

I'm one of the worst people I know when it comes to road rage.

I regularly have my head out of the window screaming swear words and obscenities at whoever made me angry.

Just earlier this evening I was on the phone to the other half, on my way to picking her up from a party, and all she heard was"

"Hey honey, how was your evening... PICK A F**KING LANE YOU *****! WHAT THE F**CK ARE YOU DOING! ARE YOU SOME SORT OF F**CKING C**T?! So did you have a good night?"

That's an example of pretty much every drive I have. As soon as I get out the car though I'm super chilled. It's just behind the wheel.

AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

i started to follow some sales rep in a mazda 6 who was driving like an absolute [email protected] on the A55 in north wales last friday evening. (i won't bore you with the details but his driving was utterly appalling and i get very protective when i have my child in the car). i followed him off the A55 at which point he realised i was going to follow him all the way home and ask him (in a physical fashion) why he fancied trying to kill me, my wife & daughter. suddenly his v-flicking and potty-mouth turned into an apologetic wave and a mouthed "sorry!" when i pulled up next to him at some lights. poor fecker, i think he'd actually gone and wet his pants from the look of fear on his face road rage is a bit dangerous obviously, but some people really bring it upon themselves. and to them i say - stop driving like a [email protected] and it won't happen.

- Keepin' it moist -
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee View Post
Which way? As a resident of God's Little Acre myself I have regular near-death experiences on the Congy-Macc road. The Sandbach road has a couple of tempting half-chances, too.

But I'm guessing it's the long straight going into Marton on the A34.
Close, I was going through Marton towards Congleton, and the guy overtook me just before it changes to a NSL again, at a point where you can't possibly tell whether there's anything coming (as evidenced by the fact that there was).

That 30 zone they've put in at Marton is the least safe 30 zone ever. If anyone dares to do 30 you get people performing the most half-arsed, dangerous overtaking manoevres.
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

I had a bit of an issue with a chav in a 306 last weekend as I was coming out of Lakeside. I was in the 2nd lane of the sliproad coming down onto the A13 when this guy pulled out on me. And I mean properly pulled out on me. I must of been doing 60 and he was probably doing 30. Thank god I fitted the sports brakes because the way they were before I wouldn't have stopped.

We got to the end of the sliproad and I pulled onto the A13 (which is 3 lanes at this point) I hold back until he is in the slow lane, then I floor it straight into the outside lane (across two as there was nothing behind.) He thought it was funny to also do exactly the same just to stop me getting past. I thought to myself (right you cnut) dropped back into the middle lane and waited for him to pull out of the fast lane which he did again. .....Floor it again into the outside lane and he does the same. At which point I'm so mad, my full beams are on and I'm beeping etc...

At this point he started to slow down to around 50 on a motorway! FFS. So I cut through the middle lane and cut him up beautifully.

I was amazed to see his baby in the back of the car and his wife. He was laughing at me as I went by. MVFKER.
AO Gold Member

Garage

Member car:

AstraBox

There are some numpty's out on the roads in cheshire unfortunatly, the A34 which I regularly use to get to the Cong, almost everytrip I go on there is at least one person who inisists on sitting in my boot (though Francesca does have a rather nice bottom!) and then flooring it either running up to blind corners or crossing double solid lines!

Theres really only two places on that road im comfortable with overtaking on, outside your work bazza and a section just before you get to the Davenport pub!

As ever with road rage incidents, im always shouting but when I realise I should be using my horn the moment has passed!

VALAR MORGHULIS
Steam ID - coyotes_uk
PSN ID - coyotes_uk
Hi im: Yamaguchi Heikichi!

Hockey aint just a game, its a way of life!

The - Where Am I? Thread
AO Member

Member car:

156 SW 1.8 TS

OpAlfa, he sounds a proper King Cnut if ever I heard of one! (the 306 driver!, just to clarify!)

I try and stay chilled when I drive and not let the bad driving of others affect my driving! The problem is there's so many idiots out there it's hard to keep cool at times (slowly counts to 10).

I have had a similar experience to Voo on numerous occasions pulling onto the by-pass near where I live. If they moved across I could pull out and they would not need to slow down.

I also get annoyed by fools who block junctions in slow moving/ stationary traffic! Especially box junctions, do they not know what the yellow hatching means!

I think it is just a reflection of how selfish society has got that people drive with no consideration for anybody else.

If we were all a bit more courteous then our journeys would be a lot more pleasant.

and on the 8th day God created B roads ...... He had to drive His Alfa somewhere!
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0 TS

Ahhh, grasshopper...one must achieve a state of zen-like calm.
i.e let everyone do their worst 'cos karma dictates that they'll get theirs in the end Plus, the view is excellent from the moral high ground.
Actually, my nadir was flicking the finger at a golf who cut me up. He chased me, blocked the road, got out..or should i say this brutal hulk ( no, really..he was! you should have seen him, really!), dripping in Elizabeth Duke chav gold, got out and marched towards me. Shamefully, being a lover not a fighter, i sat wimpering in my car with my seatbelt on whilst he shouted at me.
Since that day i've become markedly a calmer driver, realising if you dont' have the skills to back up the offending gestures its best not to bother
(p.s. beware South London, stay in your car)
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood69 View Post
OpAlfa, he sounds a proper King Cnut if ever I heard of one!

I thought you liked me!

emgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
That 30 zone they've put in at Marton is the least safe 30 zone ever. If anyone dares to do 30 you get people performing the most half-arsed, dangerous overtaking manoevres.
That's true, especially going north where it seems to go on forever. Obey the speed limit there and you're soom practicing your close-up mirror reading skills on AINACS or WMB or whatever.

At least the Man Ure players all live in Wilmslow and Prestbury, so that's once source of imminent danger far enough away.

AO Member

I am usually calmness personified whilst driving, on the odd occasion red mist does decend! Last Christmas day morning I finished work and was heading home for pressie's dopwn a local duel carriage way. The roads are nearly empty apart from one Mondeo in the inside lane doing 40mph. I NEVER tailgate, having rear ended someone in my youth, so just hung a good distance back waiting for him to pull over and let me through. Four miles later I considered going up the inside but he eventually pulled over, as I went past he was effing and jeffing at me and waving his fist. I had not flashed him, beeped him or sat up his arse, so this really annoyed me to the point that we were having an arguement side by side (yes still doing 40) windows down the works! Soon came to my senses and wished him a merry f*!king Xmas and headed home, not at 40mph. There is a strange mentality that sometimes overcomes you in your car, no matter how chilled you are generally! And I am working a night this Xmas eve too, hope I don't meet him again!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationAlfa View Post
I had a bit of an issue with a chav in a 306 last weekend as I was coming out of Lakeside. I was in the 2nd lane of the sliproad coming down onto the A13 when this guy pulled out on me. And I mean properly pulled out on me. I must of been doing 60 and he was probably doing 30. Thank god I fitted the sports brakes because the way they were before I wouldn't have stopped.

We got to the end of the sliproad and I pulled onto the A13 (which is 3 lanes at this point) I hold back until he is in the slow lane, then I floor it straight into the outside lane (across two as there was nothing behind.) He thought it was funny to also do exactly the same just to stop me getting past. I thought to myself (right you cnut) dropped back into the middle lane and waited for him to pull out of the fast lane which he did again. .....Floor it again into the outside lane and he does the same. At which point I'm so mad, my full beams are on and I'm beeping etc...

At this point he started to slow down to around 50 on a motorway! FFS. So I cut through the middle lane and cut him up beautifully.

I was amazed to see his baby in the back of the car and his wife. He was laughing at me as I went by. MVFKER.
I think i met him about 3 weeks ago on the A2, every time i passed him he undertook me in the middle lane then pulled in front of me and slowed down only to then pull across two lanes of traffic and off the slip road at Gravesend very nearly leaving it to late to make the pull off, and causing other cars to break hard. This bloke must hate Alfa Drivers.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
I think i met him about 3 weeks ago on the A2, every time i passed him he undertook me in the middle lane then pulled in front of me and slowed down only to then pull across two lanes of traffic and off the slip road at Gravesend very nearly leaving it to late to make the pull off, and causing other cars to break hard. This bloke must hate Alfa Drivers.

It wasn't a white 306 was it
AO Gold Member

Garage

Member car:

AstraBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee View Post
At least the Man Ure players all live in Wilmslow and Prestbury, so that's once source of imminent danger far enough away.
Not for me I have to drive through Wilmslow then Alderly to get to Congleton, the number of Merc's/BMW's and Bentley's I have to navigate between!

Why will they not build the rest of the A34 bypass!?
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post
I'm one of the worst people I know when it comes to road rage.

I regularly have my head out of the window screaming swear words and obscenities at whoever made me angry.

Just earlier this evening I was on the phone to the other half, on my way to picking her up from a party, and all she heard was"

"Hey honey, how was your evening... PICK A F**KING LANE YOU *****! WHAT THE F**CK ARE YOU DOING! ARE YOU SOME SORT OF F**CKING C**T?! So did you have a good night?"

That's an example of pretty much every drive I have. As soon as I get out the car though I'm super chilled. It's just behind the wheel.
Perhaps you need to relax more
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post
So you were on the phone whilst driving then?
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

While back now, but my nephew and Bro'in-law were cruising down the A1 in our parts ,when this car behind with about four blokes in it, nudged the back of said nephews car. He just carried on but then it happened again, with more force this time.

So, he turned off the main road and stopped, went to get out of his car, until the Bro'-in Law said "Close the door, and drive like hell to the local Plod' Shop", as he noticed one was holding a baseball bat!

They made it, just, the other car tore off pretty rapid.Highway Car Jackers he reckoned, so watch that so called road rage, for ulterior motives. True story, and perhaps others have a similar tale to tell??:

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page