Bloody idiot!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

VO2Max

Bloody idiot!!

Annie's next door neighbours' son (25, likeable chav) came home late at night a couple of months ago (probably p*ssed) and reversed into Claudia at a rate of knots .

Next morning he was good enough to greet me as I came out of the house and confront me with what he'd done. He was very apologetic and after realising that no, he couldn't 'do it for cash' because it was too much damage, we exchanged insurance details and shook on it.

Claudia has been lovingly restored now (to better than her former self) but I had a call from the solicitor the other day, who are claiming back my £320 excess from his insurers. 'He hasn't reported the accident'. WTF?!!! So I phone my insurers: (cue Indian accent ) 'he hasn't reported the accident'.
What a f*ckwit!

Now Andy, for it is he, is a likeable lad, a bit gormless, and he has had a serious accident before where he rolled his car and died 3 times, about 2 years ago. And he drives a Saxo! He probably realises his premium will go through the roof (it was already well over £1000 3rd party) and he will lose his excess too. But what a fooking little tw4t, does he think it will just 'go away'? His car is quite driveable and annoyingly, wasn't as damaged as Claudia, who he hit so hard, she lurched forward and buggered Annie's rear bumper too (which her boss has kindly offered to fix for free, off the insurance!)

I'm gonna go round this afternoon and have a quiet word. No, I won't shout, I won't growl, I will just look him in the eye and say 'you must report this, it WON'T go away, you will ***** up my no claims, I can't get my excess back, and YOU WILL END UP IN COURT COURTESY OF MY INSURANCE COMPANY!'

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Re: Bloody idiot!!

vo2max,
take a written statement,(pre written by your goodself,)
Stating what Andy, had done, get Andy to sign,
If he refuses then you know his true intent.if he agrees and signs then you can post statement, Its a pain but atleast you know the balls rolling. solicitors should act on it without to much delay.
It helps the blood presure ,when you have taken the time to prepare
statement,also shows your intent without to much '"growling"
ALL the best.
John the luddite.
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Keep your cool Max and it'll go well
VO2Max

Ludite, I would do exactly that, but for the fact that I don't want to appear too heavy. They are the gf's neighbours, she has a good relationship with them, they are what you might call a bit 'chav' but basically, very nice people. They have 3 'laddish' boys but as a family they are pretty good to live next to, and Marion, the mother, is the local lollipop lady and looks after Annie's 4 cats when we go away, not infrequently too, I might add. Steve, the father, is a local farm manager and the salt of the earth. We often hear them all swearing at each other through open kitchen door ( ) but they are nice people, always have a chat with them.

I think the way I'll play it is: Marion will be in, boys will be out. I'll have a sheet of paper with all the relevant details on, date, time of accident, my damage, my details etc, because he will have lost/forgotten it by now. I'll say to Marion 'look, I think Andy forgot to contact his insurance, mine are telling me he hasn't reported it. It's fine, so long as he does it now but if he doesn't they're saying they will take him to court to recover my excess and to make his insurance pay. He must do it now or he will get into trouble. Here's all the details in case he forgot'.

That way I kind of get over the true enormity of it without it sounding like the threat is coming from me. I leave him an escape route by offering that he might have forgotten. Of course, if he doesn't, he will get taken to the cleaners, so ***** him!

Pretty sure Annie witnessed him admitting to the accident too, a few days later when we saw him.

All a pain in the arse though!

Rayq81

That is the way to handle it, very diplomatic, you dont work in goverment do you

Rayq81

oh forgot to mention if you get no joy i will lend you my jackboots :2:

VO2Max

No, I work at the BBC so I'm used to being shat on...

VO2Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
Cheers Ray, size 10 will do nicely!

AO Silver Member

VOMAX2,
Best way by far.
Friendship is a priceless gift in this day and age.
Trust all ends well.
John the luddite.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post

Max, you sound like you know what to do already..
VO2Max

OK, the latest: the Mother said 'oh, they always lumber me with that stuff, I do seem to remember Andy got sent a claim form to fill in, I s'pose I'll end up having to do it...'

Don't know whether to laugh or cry

Perhaps their arses will get in gear when he gets a summons through the post. Doh!

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO2Max View Post
OK, the latest: the Mother said 'oh, they always lumber me with that stuff, I do seem to remember Andy got sent a claim form to fill in, I s'pose I'll end up having to do it...'

Don't know whether to laugh or cry

Perhaps their arses will get in gear when he gets a summons through the post. Doh!
BEGGARS BELIEF, I hope you get sorted
J.T,L.
VO2Max

The boy just knocked on the door, looking disgruntled .

He's adamant that he gave all the accident details to his insurance over the phone the day after (I do remember him saying he had at the time actually), but they also sent him a form to fill in. He apparently thought he'd done all he needed to verbally but I said the fact that they sent him a form as well probably means he should fill it in...doh!

There's me being all nice to him and he is looking around and at the floor, anywhere but at me. I got the impression he was peeved but holding it in . Still, I could have just said nothing and waited till he got a summons, I'm sure he would have loved that! He should be bloody well thanking me for letting him know and saving his arse!

Anyway, he reckons he's phoning his insurance again now to get another form and then he will send it off.

There's a good lad...

Rayq81

:2: hope thats it sorted now

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Quote:
Anyway, he reckons he's phoning his insurance again now to get another form and then he will send it off.
Yeah right

VO2Max

...I think he's 'intelligent' enough to realise now, that if he takes the do nothing option, he will end up in court .

I don't think he did it on purpose, he just misunderstood the fact that he needed to fill in the form too. I can forgive not understanding, it's the fact that I was almost apologising to him for the hassle, when he should be thanking me for letting him know his arse will get fried if he doesn't get his finger out. Grrr!! Just call me Joe Muggins!

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

OK.... Joe Muggins !!

Seriously though chap... hope he gets it sorted otherwise it'll be a right pain in the arris for you !!
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

christmas - the time of good will. ********, go burn his house down
VO2Max

That's a point, we could roast chestnuts on it!

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

Yeah, hope it works out! I take it you've got pics and everything of it all?
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Hmmm....well I don't think you should call him an idiot just because he drives a Saxo.....oh OK you should
Damien_C

Some people are nuts. What do they be thinking.

Dat's Macca Mate! We All Know Da Sort...
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Quote:
That's a point, we could roast chestnuts on it!
You could roast his nuts too !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
Dat's Macca Mate! We All Know Da Sort...
Some better than others it seems !!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 59
Garage

a good lesson in keeping fair with the neighbours while remaining firm

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page