Line managers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rant Room Clean ranting only - No Swearing!

Mrs Vantastic

Not Happy Line managers

Not managers of lines, but those in the chain above you.

Long story short ish, I started work at 8am today, help was supposed to arrive at 12.45, it didn't. At 1pm I found out help had rang in sick 3 days before but my line manger hadn't told me or arranged for cover.
I tracked my manager down to a training course in Glasgow, she acted all shocked that cover hadn't arrived and said she would sort something. A young lad barely out of nappies and not finished training showed up at 3pm. By this time I was desperate for the little girls room and starving because I had skipped my breakie
I finally got away from work just before 5pm, after spending most of the day alone during one of the busiest Fridays we've had for a while with all our big betting punters in.

I don't understand how this woman has her job? This kind of thing happens all the time. I was expecting her to ask me to do a 14 hour shift and was prepared to tell her where she could stuff her betting shop. I've done this job for ten years now and have never experienced carp like this.

I've come home so stressed i've blown my diet and am hitting the vino. Working for this company is draining the life from me, its not the work I dislike and of all the offices I've worked in this one is the best but my employer is sucking any enjoyment I got from my work away.

Im going to fill up my glass, light some candles and watch Emmerdale now I've got the above off my chest.

Thank you for reading

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Member car:

Re: Line managers

If you dont like your job, find another 1.
AO Platinum Member

County: Gloucestershire

Mr O, the voice of reason!

It is frustrating when those in positions of authority act like school children, hope you have a very relaxing evening!
AO Platinum Member

County: herts

Comfort one of your babies, the purring dispels the worries of this sometimes rotten old world. Hope you sort it for the long term.:
Nev

What was the training course?

"How to fvck your team off"

Nothing like a bit of incompetence
in a superior.

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy156 View Post
Mr O, the voice of reason!

Mrs Vantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vantastic View Post
I've done this job for ten years now and have never experienced carp like this.

Working for this company is draining the life from me, its not the work I dislike and of all the offices I've worked in this one is the best but my employer is sucking any enjoyment I got from my work away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange View Post
If you dont like your job, find another 1.
Are you following me Orange? I do hope not.
Did you actually read my post? I didn't say I didn't like my job, notice the bold underlined words above please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu ferret View Post
Comfort one of your babies, the purring dispels the worries of this sometimes rotten old world. Hope you sort it for the long term.:
Cheers ZF I'm on the sofa with Buddy, he keeps chirping at me, he knows when his mammy is upset.
I've got an interview with a large supermarket chain in 2 weeks, got to go to Edinburgh for it, fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
What was the training course?

"How to fvck your team off"

Nothing like a bit of incompetence
in a superior.
I think she was on that one last week

This is a funny one, I had it stuck on our notice board for a while SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING

AlfaLincs

What are the odds on you being back at work next week

Have a chilled weekend if poss..know the feeling though.

AlfaLincs

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 96
County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

GT Lusso 2.0 JTS

You have my sympathies Mrs V. I currently have problems of the 'being the line manager' and 'being line managed' variety. I'm responsible for a team of six but my boss can't help but stick her schnoz in, but, of course, when things go wrong it's my fault!!

In the pointless training courses stakes my up and coming 1 day course in 'Time Management' must come fairly high up the ludicrous stakes
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Quote:
Are you following me Orange? I do hope not.

Quote:
Did you actually read my post? I didn't say I didn't like my job, notice the bold underlined words above please.

If you dont enjoy your job anymore, why not get a different 1.
Mrs Vantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaLincs View Post
What are the odds on you being back at work next week

Have a chilled weekend if poss..know the feeling though.

AlfaLincs
Im back tomorrow for the late shift. She best stay clear of me as she isn't my fav person atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast frank View Post
You have my sympathies Mrs V. I currently have problems of the 'being the line manager' and 'being line managed' variety. I'm responsible for a team of six but my boss can't help but stick her schnoz in, but, of course, when things go wrong it's my fault!!

In the pointless training courses stakes my up and coming 1 day course in 'Time Management' must come fairly high up the ludicrous stakes
I manage 4 peeps, was 5 but my deputy has just left for B.A, she couldn't hack the change over and new company. My boss manages 20 shop managers.

Our most recent waste of time was a 10 hour round trip to Glasgow for a MD's presentation of figures Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

All the managers above me have been fairly incompetent as managers. Great in whatever is they did, but as managers per se, completely useless.
AO Platinum Member

Line Manager...? I dream of Line Managers.

When I was a lad, we had "Matrix Management".

You'd turn up at work, 3 hours before you left the night before, only to find that the person who was working for you had been assigned by your manager to another manager.

That other manager didn't need that person so had requested the original manager to provide another person. That "another person" was managed by the original person, but as he wasn't needed, he delegated it to you.

You can't do it, as your person has already been assigned to the same project by your manager, even though now he's not needed, so you have to delgate it to your person, who you don't have anyway as he was assigned by your manager to a job that he isn't required for.

So, your person isn't working for you, on a job he isn't needed for and even though nobody's happy with the situation, as you were the last person to assign the person to the job he isn't needed for, beause you can't do it because he's been assigned to that job by your manager, it's all your fault!

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
emgee

There's some truth in the old one about people always being promoted to their level of incompetence.

Although I've never believed the one about being nice to people on th eway up, as you'll meet them on the way down. They'll happily shaft you either way.

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

AS a thrird level (senior) manager, I manage manager's managers

All I usually hear is "staff"

Although, as a management team, we usually have a good old ***** about those above us
AO Member

County: Victoria

Member car:

Nada at the mo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
AS a thrird level (senior) manager, I manage manager's managers

All I usually hear is "staff"

Although, as a management team, we usually have a good old ***** about those above us
No offence to you Simon, but at middle and senior management levels in the Civil Service there are some seriously incompetant people. Many of whom would struggle in the private sector as a FLM. I'm not saying the private sector doesn't suffer this either, just that incompetance is harder to cover in the private sector.

The frightening thing is how they got their in the first place (nepotism is particularly rife in the civil service). To many people in management roles take the glory when its due but have teflon shoulders when the flak is coming.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

None taken Oz as it's true. I did things the hard way to get to SEO (working my nadgers off, living away from home on D/duty, taking on all the projects no one wanted etc etc.). Took me 15 years. Have no wish to go further at present as above me are some real muppets.

My staff respect me 'cause I look after them and fight their corner. This makes me a thorn in managements side though and I'm persona non grata with many above me (or alongside me for that matter). There's always one who'll speak up

Simon

Daily Driver FIAT Panda Cross Twinair Stunning Giulia 115 Spider Series 4 fine weather toy

Wife's Daily Brilliant Toyota GT86

AROC South Wales Section Secretary
AO Gold Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcosseOz View Post
To many people in management roles take the glory when its due but have teflon shoulders when the flak is coming.
So that explains the shiny suits they all wear!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Rant Room

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page